You Demean Me

You Demean Me

A Poem by GothonaWrites
"

A Poem of the need for the sight of self-appreciation in love

"
It's clear each time I see you that my mind blocks out reason,
I feel less than human when you look at me, touch me, feel me, whisper in my ears and say I mean to you more than I can ever understand or phantom.

It's funny that even with the evidence of truth in your words, I cannot and will not and choose not to believe you, because for every good thing you say about me, you counter it later with mockery and contempt and though you may think jest is cool, it definitely is not to a person like me who has spent so many years being an embody of jest to everyone around me.

Even as I put down these words, my tears spill on the machine which I use to express myself, because as much as it would be a relief, I don't know how to bring myself to tell you that I am not of sound mind, I have run so long from love because I believe it is not my friend and lastly I am holding out hope that even though my story is full of mockery and damage, that with a true heart , it will all be gone one day.

So the next time you voice the words I Love You, I will be the sensible person and treat you like you mean them but keep in mind that by your actions, you constantly demean me and I deserve better.

© 2017 GothonaWrites


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

98 Views
Added on January 17, 2017
Last Updated on January 17, 2017

Author

GothonaWrites
GothonaWrites

Nigeria



About
I am a young lady looking to get my writing mojo back in a strong way. more..

Writing