Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The Underdog

The Underdog

A Story by GothonaWrites

It is not in my nature to put down my feeling into words. But I swear, it is not for lack of trying. My personality experienced a change (for the worst, if I might add) the day I stepped into boarding school. It was alarming the extent to which I was bullied- Physically and Mentally.

My first year with someone to simmer down the level of pain I experienced, but by my second year, I had received so much humiliation and pain that I had embraced my role as the one to be trampled upon, the one at the bottom of the food chain. i became so angry and bitter that I forgot what it was like to smile. To my senior, I probably was that ugly, skinny, black girl who missed a step from coming to this world as a man.

Those who attempted to be pleasant or even be something more, were met with a strong and high wall which I had constructed overtime as a means to muffle my pain. Looking back now, I realize that I let go of a lot of wonderful people, because I didn't allow myself to see through my pain that people actually, even for a split second actually cares.

I allowed myself to wallow in my bitterness and eventually couldn't let go anymore and it has become a part of me, so much so that I find it difficult to believe that anyone could actually love me without making me feel less of who I am. My trust issues are at an all time low and crashing faster with each passing day. My relationships over the years have been complex and if I attempt to chronicle them, I may never stop. Or maybe that is what I should do, that is if I can remember because I have spent so much time pushing them down, that I can't even bring to memory the specifics.

Well here goes!

© 2017 GothonaWrites


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

Stats

70 Views
Added on February 18, 2017
Last Updated on February 18, 2017

Author

GothonaWrites
GothonaWrites

Nigeria



About
I am a young lady looking to get my writing mojo back in a strong way. more..

Writing