A Child's Innocence

A Child's Innocence

A Chapter by Grayciey
"

Chapter 1

"
Once upon a time there was a town called Louisville.
A quiet little town with a population of 1001 people. I was the additional one when i was born to Mr & Mrs Lamar Sheldon. My dad was black & my mum was white so i had the craziest hair...


We lived with my Grandmother from my Father's side. Unlike normal Grannies who make pastries & turkey on thanksgiving she used to hunt instead & dressed in old torn jeans with boots like a biker. She was queer but she was my granny & i loved her so much!


One day she came from hunting very distressed & asked my parents to meet her in the barn. I found this peculiar but i was just 8 & all i wanted to do was to dress up my barbie for bed.


From that day try spoke in hushed tones & the house was always on pin drop silence. They started joining my grandma in her hunting. Even my Southern Mother in her pretty flowery dresses would dress for the occassion & join in the shooting range. They bought many more guns. Some werent even & some were sniper guns, 40, 50 & 60 caliber guns.


So in school i asked what guns were used for cause i had seen them in a book i was reading because i couldnt exactly tell my teacher that all of a sudden we had an arsenal in our house. I doubted if it was even legal. She told me that such guns are used in battles & wars.
I asked in quite an innocent way whether there was an impeding war & she smiled & told me no &that i shouldnt worry about such at my age.


© 2013 Grayciey


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on December 10, 2013
Last Updated on December 10, 2013
Tags: purity, war, greatness, innocence


Author

Grayciey
Grayciey

Nairobi, Kenya



About
I am a versatile and sublime writer I am everything under the sun! I am a road sign, the north star! Enjoy.... more..

Writing
bRoKeN bRoKeN

A Poem by Grayciey


AGAPE LOVE... AGAPE LOVE...

A Story by Grayciey