The stars are different here

The stars are different here

A Poem by Green
"

"
The stars are different here.
Before, 
in that place, 
they were so 
Vibrant. 
Little specks of hope, 
knowing they were needed. 
Here, 
in this place, 
you have to search for them. 
As if they have 
handed off that job 
saying, 
Now you can do it 
for yourself. 
You’re ready.

© 2023 Green


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The stars are different here too! Hidden behind a cloud of fumes that ain't doing us or the planet any good.
Now we rarely look up in case we notice too much hoe things have changed and not for the better.
From what we were told when young, up until the realisation that life, its hopes and dreams don't quite equate to the promises we were told.
Just remember to check the insurance is up to date before letting go. 😀

Posted 2 Weeks Ago


probably just me ( my preoccupation with Bob Dylan) but this smacks very much like "I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now." I remember the overwhelming feeling of exposure to the star filled sky when we lived in the country, now in the city they are so few and far between. They did give hope then and I'm not sure I'm up to the "you can take it from here kid." Very good write, enjoyed it gretly.

Posted 2 Weeks Ago


Very good , excellent poem, "little specks of hope, knowing they were needed" I loved this

Posted 6 Months Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
e
This is such a pretty poem !

Posted 6 Months Ago


Beautifully written and so inspiring!

Posted 7 Months Ago


' The stars were so many. You believe, you could touch them.'

Oh yes and yes again, a sky like that is surely infinity and all it can offer. To look up and feel the stars touching cheek or hand is bliss. Whatever came before that, whatever comes after has learned to accept less of emptiness and more of joy., perhaps. A poem to cherish.

Posted 8 Months Ago


You have to imagine they are still there to guide you. You can do it. Nice piece of brevity Green.

Chris

Posted 8 Months Ago


I trained at death Valley, California with the Army. The stars were so many. You believe, you could touch them. I liked the honest thoughts in the poetry and the strong ending. I believe in the ending. We must learn. We must do the needed things alone. Thank you Green for sharing the amazing poetry and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 8 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 14, 2023
Last Updated on August 14, 2023

Author

Green
Green

AL



About
I'm living in the good ol' south of the US of A. Professionally, I'm an engineer and I guess that means I'm supposed to know things. I don't always. I write because I can, and because I can write word.. more..

Writing
Hands off Hands off

A Poem by Green



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Garden Garden

A Poem by Arundass TP