Chapter 1.

Chapter 1.

A Chapter by Jack Eldim
"

Three weeks later in Niagara Falls, Canadian side.

"
"this has been the fifth terrorist attack on Paris in the last three months..."
Terrorist attack! How dare that filthy news reporter refer to me as such an insignificant insect. A terrorist. Please, I am the king of terror. The very scale of my work should tell them that I am no common terrorist. Still I suppose it's better the world doesn't know of me, yet.
"...We are sending over Americana troops and investigators to aid the french government with finding and apprehending the culprit...."
At this I have to smile. the great US of A is sending their top forces, and only protection from me, across the seas to look for clues that I wouldn't have left if I was tied and gauged. The birds have flown the nest in a search for the mouse, but hear I am, just a few feet from their border, enjoying a lovely view of Niagara falls from a Canadian cafe.
"...what police forces are calling the perfect suicide. the locals have started referring to the unknown assailant as Xic, a K'iche demon of rear and blood. With seventy deaths from the last attack alone..."
Xic, eh? I like it. the demons of human nature have been set lose. There will be no survivors. as the bartender approaches to give me the bill, I raise my hand and stop him.
"Keep the change" I say as I toss him the four dollars for my espresso and get up to leave.
there is no point in letting anyone see my face  up close, just in case one of them gets out before the chlorine gas packets in the vents detonates, and their festering flesh burns off.
I am Xic. and this is my trail of death.


© 2013 Jack Eldim


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Like Shadow already said, check the spelling of things and the bolding, and make sure the font all fits together; I have the same issue sometimes when transferring from a word processor to the thing on here, but it's usually fixable after publishing it on here, so you can see how it appears and then make it one font or something. Also, instead of a period after Xic you should put a comma . Otherwise, this is a great addition to the story and fits well with the prologue. I'm quite excited to learn about the character more when you get around to publishing some more chapters; you're setting it up to be really interesting so well done :)

99/100

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nice work, check the spelling though, and the bolding.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 30, 2013
Last Updated on October 30, 2013


Author

Jack Eldim
Jack Eldim

Toronto, Ontario, Canada



Writing