Puppet

Puppet

A Story by Silent Angel
"

A simple story about why you should always hate puppets. :D

"

‘Wake me, c'mon and wake me up now I want to cut off my strings and break,
loose of your control of me, cut your strings and be free with me,
Everybody, shake your body, lift your hands, stop frontin',
you're just a puppet’ - Thousand Foot Krutch.

 

          I had always hated puppets. Those little beady eyes, their vacant expressions, the way they always seemed to be staring at you…They scared me. Yes, I know…it’s stupid for a fifteen year old to be scared of a little doll, but I couldn’t help it. They were just so…creepy, Y’know? There was nothing that could be done about that. All my friends tried to talk me into going to see some ventriloquist during the summer of our Junior year in high school, but…I didn’t want to go. In the end they managed to talk me into it. I wish I had just said no…

          “Come on, Andrew! Get on with it, man! We’re not going to a rock concert! We’re going to see a f****n’ puppeteer, so lets GO!”

          My name is Andrew Sentra, I’m eighteen years old, and I have a twin brother named Adrian. I’m six foot three, sandy blond hair almost to my shoulders, amber eyes, and I’m a skater, plus lead guitarist in our band! My brother was the vocalist, and also considered a skater, though I’m the only one that actually did any skateboarding! He just sat in the side lines, cheering me on. We were best friends back then. Everything was great. We had so many friends and fans…but we also had an equal amount of enemies.

          “Andrew! I’m serious! Lets go! I’m not going to wait for you if you don’t hurry!!” Adrian pounded on my door, trying to convince me that my hair didn’t have to be perfect. I hated leaving the house when I didn’t look presentable. Adrian didn’t care. He never cared about looks, but he still looked amazing. People always said we both did.

          “I’m comin’, Geez, lay off!” I grabbed my backpack with all my CD’s and notebooks. I always got really bored on our car rides since Adrian wouldn’t let me yell at people in other cars anymore. Back when we were little I used to lean out of the car and yell ‘BEEP’ whenever we passed a car with an open window. Or, if I ever saw an Asian person, I’d yell ‘quack!’. No, I’m not a racist!! I just like picking on people!

          We finally got on the road, and right away I put in a CD. Thousand foot Krutch was my choice for the day! I had a set schedule for when I listened to rock. Usually Adrian would complain if I did it to often, so we set up a little schedule. The song ‘puppet’ came on, and I instinctively shuddered.

          About an hour later we arrived at the theater that the ventriloquist was performing at. I sighed and crossed my arms, looking as un-happy as I possibly could. Adrian just rolled his eyes and got out of the car.

          “come on, Drama-king.” He chuckled and opened my door for me. He bowed and pretended to tip a hat, which he obviously wasn’t wearing.

          I climbed out of the car and punched Adrian playfully in the arm. “oh come on, lets go!” I walked ahead of him, sighing and shaking my head.

         And thus begins the worst day of my life…the last day of my life…and Adrian…poor Adrian…I’m so sorry…It wasn’t my fault…

         He was so nervous. I don’t know why…I mean, come on! Who could be THAT afraid of puppets? They aren’t even alive! I tried to tell him that he had nothing to worry about but he just rolled his eyes and said that he didn’t care.

         My brother could be such an idiot some times! He’s older then me by a grand total of ten seconds, and I’m obviously the more mature one! But I still loved Andrew! He meant a lot to me…note the past tense…okay, here’s how it happened, and how I’m telling you this story.

         He hated puppets, I hated clowns, our parents didn’t get that point. It wasn’t just a thing when we were kids. No, it started the day we were done. For some reason we had been put in the same crib, and that was fine. Brothers liked to be close together. Whatever, Y’know? But it didn’t matter…they put a bunch of creepy dolls in with us. Clowns, puppets, bears, things that little kids were supposed to love. It scared us both.

         No one understood why we were always screaming. They tried separating us, but that just made it so much worse! No one noticed that when we were just sitting together we wouldn’t cry…until they put us back in that crib with those dolls…those…horrible dolls.

         Now, don’t think it was something that controlled out lives. We went on like nothing had happened. We ignored our fears when we were with our family and friends, but once we were alone we’d talk about how much we hated all the things we went through.

         But that doesn’t matter. We went to see the ventriloquist so we could try and conquer our fears. That was the biggest mistake of our lives. No one showed up to see him. We didn’t know why, or even realize it until we got into the theater…and the doors slammed shut behind us.

         boys, welcome! You are going to witness a spectacle that you will NEVER see again….That voice…I’ll never forget that voice. We walked up to our seats and looked around the empty theater.

         “What the hell is going on? This was posted in so many places, where is everyone?” Andrew was pissed. He had taken so long to get ready, and no one was here to see all his extensive work. His mind set changed when he looked up at the stage. Hundreds of puppets, lined up in rows. They all looked so…lifeless…so…sad…

         “Andrew, we have to leave.” Adrian started to back way but a man, way taller then us, appeared before us, his eyes taunting.

         “Welcome, twins. I’ve never had twin puppets before…this should be fun…”The man snapped his fingers and strings fell from the ceiling, wrapping around our wrists, ankles, waists and necks. We were lifted off the ground and held in a position that reminded us of the way Jesus Christ had been pinned up on the cross.

         The strings cut into our wrists and neck, causing blood to drip down onto the floor. We looked helplessly at one another, but couldn’t say anything. We were dying…suddenly there was a flash of light and we were dropped back onto the floor. But the sound that resounded…it wasn’t the sound of a human body clashing with the ground. It was the sound of wood against cement.

         WOOD!? I tried to look down to see what was going on, but I couldn’t move. Not only couldn’t I move, but I couldn’t speak. What was going on…? Well…me and my brother are still with this man to this day. We’re used in his acts as he travels across the world.

         Maybe you’ll see us, or hear of us. The twin puppets. The only set of twin puppets that were identical in every way, and sculpted by hand…That’s our story…now that you know…maybe you’ll remember this next time you go to a ventriloquist. Make sure it’s a real show. Make sure you go with a lot of people. Make sure you have a way out…don’t let him get you. Don’t go alone.

 

Now tell me, are you afraid of puppets???

Ahahahahaha……..

© 2008 Silent Angel


Author's Note

Silent Angel
It was my first story i've ever written, so i'm sorry if it sucks...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Back when we were little(,) I used to lean out of the car and yell 'BEEP' whenever we passed a car with an open window" (missing comma).

This story is quite interesting. The language is believable too. I don't think it sucks at all. I think you need more confidence in yourself as a writer. Besides, what would you care if it is bad. That only means that you have room for improvement.
This is pretty good. Maybe I should try to write something regarding puppets.

thanks

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
1 Review
Added on March 13, 2008

Author

Silent Angel
Silent Angel

Lincoln, NE



About
Okay, I'm Sarah. I traditionally stick to writing lame poems and stuff, but lately i've been wrighting alot of horror stories, which are really important to me. I have my friends read them, and usuall.. more..

Writing