A moment of truth

A moment of truth

A Poem by Holly Mason

Oh goodness where did I put it?
Lifting papers,moving items,I cannot find it.
Walk out to the car dig around..where is it?
Where else can I look?
I was at the park yesterday,no I had it after that.
Maybe out in my backyard, on the picnic table.
No it is not there either.
Darn, I have looked everywhere I can think of.
Frustrated ,hurt and lost.
Truth is always the hardest thing to find.
Have you seen my truth?
I will check the lost and found box.
Nope, my truth is still out there for me to find.
I will keep looking with hope by my side.

© 2013 Holly Mason


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

it was in the knapsack of your childhood

Posted 10 Years Ago


You really create a playful piece that still has a way of digging deep inside us. I truly respect your heartfelt search for something we too often take for granted.

Truth only reveals itself when one gives up all preconceived ideas. ~Shoseki


Posted 10 Years Ago


A fine poem, clever use of an abstract as an object, a poem well written and full of wisdom..

Posted 10 Years Ago


Great write searching for the truth If you find it let us know!

Posted 10 Years Ago


"I will check the lost and found box.

Nope, my truth is still out there for me to find.

I will keep looking with hope by my side."
True are the moments of truth lovely are the remembrances of dejavu's...Well penned...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Im constantly looking for something. Haha... my mind and truth have been on the list before. ;-). Wonderful poem Holly...love the idea of it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sounds like me looking for my mind...I think you know what your truth is and where it lies, still this is a truly special write. Nice one my friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I know where my truth is, it is right here telling you that the truth is I love your poem. And if truth be known, you probably have than all of us put together.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Dear Holly

First reaction, always the best from my point of view?

Fun, the everyday of where the hell did I put it? The general answer to that, as one comic put it, is 'On the side!' On the side of what?

Then the juxtaposition of the concrete, lost items, with the philosophical of the search for truth. Lost? Or yet to find?

Good writing.

Having said that, I sometimes wonder, if I am not thereby setting myself up as someone who as a reviewer, thinks his opinion counts.

All I can say is that those who review by profession (I don't - I write but I love bathing in others ideas of life) might try their hand at writing first before they speak words of apparent wisdom.

We all as aspiring writers have something to say. You, me, us, them.

I listened carefully to you and I heard.

In all humility as a fellow traveller and with my respect for a piece of writing well executed which turns fun into something deeper.

James Hanna-Magill



Posted 11 Years Ago


Holly Mason

11 Years Ago

thank you so for your words I have been reading you as well as reading the reviews you are giving..... read more
James Hanna-Magill

11 Years Ago

Holly

Don't stop.

Just write.

You are a writer. Believe me.read more
Holly Mason

11 Years Ago

well I would once again like to thank you I have not been as happy as I have been in the last six we.. read more
This is awesome!!! wow! I too am looking for my truth maybe we will find it together through writing and sharing!

Nice Job!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Holly Mason

11 Years Ago

hope your sister-in-law didn't grab it*)thank you much for reading
EileenMarie

11 Years Ago

Oh she thinks she knows my truth better than me if you know what I mean!
and your very welcome.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

589 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2013
Last Updated on March 12, 2013

Author

Holly Mason
Holly Mason

Rockledge, FL



About
Well now , so many words to write. So let’s write em . Xoxox Holly I would like to acknowledge my wonderful teenage ( she is now 24 ) daughter..she has takin all the photos I use.She has c.. more..

Writing
Luster Luster

A Poem by Holly Mason


lonely lonely

A Poem by Holly Mason



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Skipping Skipping

A Poem by Holly Mason


After-glow After-glow

A Poem by LA Lorena