Attention seeking.

Attention seeking.

A Story by Tarek
"

Something that means a lot to everyone of us.

"

Once, while I was walking down the street, wondering how I can get the world to notice my writing, an old man appeared out of a dark alley. He wore nothing but a tattered rag, and a strange pair of glasses. He approached me on his staff, and touched my hand. As if he spoke my mind in this moment he said, “Don’t worry boy, seeking attention is like seeking your shadow, the more you try to catch it, the more it flees. The only way to touch it is to fall on your face.”  And he vanished back into the alley, leaving me with a strange feeling.

© 2009 Tarek


Author's Note

Tarek
Everyone of us wanted to be noticed sometime in his life. But this story taught me that life is more about living the moment and forgetting everything else.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A saying handed down from generation to generation gives us new views of then and now. Nothing has changed. Nice reflection,ennit?

Posted 14 Years Ago


There is a internal truth to that
tate

Posted 14 Years Ago


I've read this story several times, saying to myself: self, there must be a way to improve this simple but profound story - some better way to get the point across. You know what? There isn't. So, I'll read it again because it is just that a well-worded, brief story that hits the truth on the head - you nailed it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


You have shared a profound truth and wisdom in just one paragraph. The story is penned well and the scene vivdly portrayed. It draws the reader into the story and leaves us feeling that touch as the man's words sink into our soul. Thanks for sharing this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is such a profound write here, I like it. Rings out some truth.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is such a profound expression of life.. in so many areas of life for us no matter our occupation. So true... What joy can be found when we simply live.. simply be ourselves and not seek out the attention of others... Wonderful write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


What an incredibly strong thought .. your story is wonderful and wise and, written so very well.

Thank you for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

340 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 2, 2009

Author

Tarek
Tarek

Cairo



About
I Love reading, writing and singing countertenor. I'm just 17 so i guess that i have alot of time to keep improving my writing, and that won't happen unless i benefit from everyone's advice round here.. more..

Writing
just a smile just a smile

A Story by Tarek



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..