Guns, Guns, Guns

Guns, Guns, Guns

A Chapter by Haley

Guns are not the problem. 

We are the problem. 

But with that being said, that doesn't mean guns aren't part of the problem. 

I'll be honest about not truly being educated on the facts and figures. 

I have no clue what the statistics are and I don't particularly care. 

We are always going to be stuck in this trite, vicious cycle simply because we do not care enough about each other. 

We care more about our opinions and beliefs being gratified than the actual issues we debate so tirelessly.

I can't justify denying the implementation of tighter firearm regulations. Because I mean, what the hell is it hurting? It's certainly not hurting anything more than the precious firearms people defend. At the end of the day, we're all pretty well aware of the fact that it won't eliminate gun violence. The goal is to make it more difficult to obtain (legally or not) firearms. It has the potential to cease or at least derail those who wish to do us harm. Whatever side of the spectrum your opinion or belief falls on shouldn't dictate your entire perspective. It'd be a freaking miracle if we could all figure out a common goal to work towards. It's a real shame that unity has become a far-fetched, idealistic point of view, though. And our willingness to fight for one another should not be conditional. It should not be based solely upon like-mindedness. Truly fighting for our right to liberty means fighting just as hard for those who are in opposition of us. Our war should never have been with each other in the first place.


© 2018 Haley


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Things change over time; they, the things, change because people change them. When I was a boy you could buy a Thompson Machine gun ( a real gun made mute by a plugged barrel) through the mail. There were ads for these perfectly safe conversation pieces in magazines, and on the facing page you might find an ad from the same seller for Thompson Submachine Gun replacement barrels. So it goes, and so it went, and those days are past. A friend of mine bought a swell Italian rifle through the mail for deer hunting (it was $39.95 plus parcel post charges). His Mannlicher -Carcano 6.5 mm was a pretty good shooter, but he didn't think it killed deer humanely, too light a bullet. His replacement, a Remington Game Master 760, fired a 30-06 and killed instantly, some advocates say it is the best deer rifle ever made. The take away is that guns don't kill deer, people do. I got that part; don't say it again please.
You can't have the post office send you any of the weapons I've mentioned now. You have to go to a shop or gun show to get those deer rifles.
When I was a boy you had to go to a druggist or chiropractor or car salesman or anyone with a quiet back room to buy an abortion. That has changed too. I understand all that very well.


Posted 6 Years Ago


I can see how you may want a handgun to protect your property.
But when someone from the city wants an automatic rifle and a thousand rounds.
You really need to be asking questions.
Some laws really need to be changed.
This is one of them.


Posted 6 Years Ago


totally agree with you. People are the problem. I do think it should be a little harder to get one. Took me less then 10 minutes. To get a car it took over 3 hrs. i feel that it should be extensive like getting a car or home. We should have things looked into. It would for sure help with those who get a weapon and are a little mentally unstable for one. But usually the ones who do these mass shootings get these illegally or steal them from someone who has them legally. I personally feel like human nature will win over any law we put in place. Humans hearts are just becoming so cold they will always find a way for what they want. Bravo for writing this piece. I really do like it a lot. Hope you don't mind me sharing my views:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Haley

6 Years Ago

you are always welcome to share your views. :3 i appreciate your insight and i like the concept of e.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 6, 2018
Last Updated on April 6, 2018
Tags: guns, violence, humanity, unity, life, death, people


Author

Haley
Haley

Lawrence, KS



About
Nothing short of a paradox. more..

Writing
Say Anything Say Anything

A Poem by Haley


[Anti] Social Media [Anti] Social Media

A Chapter by Haley


Bleeding Hearts Bleeding Hearts

A Chapter by Haley