Of Lords and Lovers

Of Lords and Lovers

A Story by The Darkest Silhouette

this story has been moved into the book "Dreamscapes" as a chapter, this was only left to preserve its comments.

 

Redirect yo self, fool.  XD 

Word!  XD

© 2009 The Darkest Silhouette


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a great story! I love the character of Charles and how he views the world and people around him. It really makes me appreciate the way I grew up, not having to restrict my thoughts, feelings, actions.

The only part that made me wonder was where Charles was surprised that Maria remembered his name. They grew up together and had many conversations, why would she not remember his name?

Anyway, I loved it! I think this would make a great novel.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This story shows the differences between the rich and the poor, the free and the restricted. This has true irony in the end when we realize that even though Maria has led a rich and wealthy life she knows nothing of the world beyond her home, while the servant knows of this world and has more freedom than her.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This story brings out the contrast between privileged and working classes very well, though it leaves to the imagination in what locality (even continent?) it takes place. It is well constructed and the dialogue brings it forward nicely. It is also thought-provoking in that Charles realizes the truth that wealth can be costly -- here he sees his own superior freedom whereas Maria has grown up forfeiting hers in favor of being constantly guarded. So, who is actually richer?
Well done.
PD

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on July 10, 2009

Author

The Darkest Silhouette
The Darkest Silhouette

Burlington, NC



About
I just started writing seriously a year ago. My style has evolved and grown with me as I write more and more, so what ever happens to be my most recent work represents the best I have written, and it.. more..

Writing