The Dream

The Dream

A Chapter by The Darkest Silhouette

 

I find myself in a room. A cell actually. It resembles my usual living quarters except smaller and one wall is made up of prison style bars. The bed has been replaced by a thick sheet of metal bolted to the wall. I am sitting on this sheet of metal smoking a cigarette. The cigarette tastes unusual, spicy and perfumed. I quickly discover that a have no control over my body. I raise head head to look outside of my cell. The area outside is familiar, although I cannot place it. It is dotted with at least a half dozen U.S. Soldiers, their uniforms loom crisp although their style is different than the uniforms I had seen on soldiers on t.v. I begin to speak in words I cannot understand, and from my limited knowledge of foreign languages I recognize my words as French.

 

Pourquoi vous nous tenez ici?”

 

A soldier outside my cell angrily responds to my words.

 

For the last time you are here under suspicion of aiding the enemy.”

 

Nous avons fait aucune telle chose, les Allemands bombardent notre pays comme nous parlons, pourquoi nous les aiderions?” I respond.

 

We don't think your helping them, we think you spies have leaked information regarding the location of our military bases to the Japs.

 

Je vous dis, nous avons fait aucune telle chose, nous sommes conciliants dans aider l'Américain de quelque façon nous pouvons.

 

Of course you filthy spies would say that! You want us all dead so you can take over our country.”

 

Je garde essayer de vous dire, nous ne sommes pas d'espion. Pourquoi ferions-nous une telle chose? Nous sommes sur votre côté!”

 

A handgun in his left hand he withdraws keys from his right pocket with his free hand as he says “I've had more than enough of you, you filthy swine!”

 

He opens my door and pockets his keys, drawing back his hand.

 

Vous ne sont pas de patriote!” I scream, sitting firmly, unshaken by his advances.

 

His hand comes down hard, the butt of his gun colliding solidly with my face. Sent reeling, I could feel several of my teeth rattling freely inside my mouth. As he used the butt of his gun to work over my chest the pain I felt was as intense as white fire. I fell my ribs cracking under the force of his blows as I faded from this world, scenes from my childhood in France and my immigration to America flashing before my eyes.



© 2008 The Darkest Silhouette


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed you book the "European Fog" very much. I understand it better now that I have read it all, but I hope there will be more. You are a very talented writer, and you should keep writing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 13, 2008


Author

The Darkest Silhouette
The Darkest Silhouette

Burlington, NC



About
I just started writing seriously a year ago. My style has evolved and grown with me as I write more and more, so what ever happens to be my most recent work represents the best I have written, and it.. more..

Writing