Foreword

Foreword

A Chapter by The Darkest Silhouette



I thought that when I finished Chapter Eleven of Lost and Found that the story was over. I had played my part as the troubled hero, got the girl, made a new home and got a steady job.


There were no police breathing down my neck, and it wasn't too bad paying rent on a meager salary if I just budgeted things right. There were no consequences and all of my hardship was over and as I curled up against the love interest and said goodnight I really couldn't imagine things going any differently.


Sure, s**t wasn't [ever] easy, and there were alot of speed bumps and detours, and I even went off road a time or two, but waking up that next morning beside her, everything was coated in a deceptive brilliant finish that made even s**t sparkle.


I didn't realize until a few weeks later that things would only get harder for me. I had already saved Lost and Found and put it in my finished folder on my laptop, because it had a nice happy ending and I just thought that was how life was.


The thing is that there are always consequences, always secrets and dirty coincidences and someone is always gunning for you. Maybe I had cleared the first set of obstacles, but there were more to come.


In a sense, I was back where I started.



© 2010 The Darkest Silhouette


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on May 3, 2010
Last Updated on May 3, 2010


Author

The Darkest Silhouette
The Darkest Silhouette

Burlington, NC



About
I just started writing seriously a year ago. My style has evolved and grown with me as I write more and more, so what ever happens to be my most recent work represents the best I have written, and it.. more..

Writing