To Say I Miss you would be an Understatment

To Say I Miss you would be an Understatment

A Chapter by Harmony Grace

 

What I wouldn’t do for one more time to sit on your lap, give you hugs, and tell you I love you.
While most got to enjoy you for a good amount of their life, I got you for only a short little while.
I am not angry, only sad that I was not one of them who got to know you better.
And while they talked to you and enjoyed your company, and heard the sound of your voice. I have but mere memories, and pictures in my mind of who you were, and what you were like, as for your voice, I know or remember nothing…in my mind I see your lips moving, but no sound coming out. I may not have as many memories as some, I still have some, and I will cherish them. If I didn’t have pictures I wouldn’t remember your face.
Some knew what it was like to shake your hand, I know nothing of your touch, the only touch I remember from you is that of your scratchy beard that you would rub against my face when I was leaving and going home.
I still dream of you, I run to you, and you hug me, scratching me with your beard. We take a walk down a dirt path of a road, talking of the things that have been going on in my life. I do all of the talking however, and in a voice that I don’t even know if it’s yours you tell me in to short of a time we have to go back. But the road never ends, and you tell me that you love me, and to keep up the good work. I cry telling you I don’t want to go, but then a blinding light comes and I wake up in my bed…realizing only of the things I missed when you were here. I miss you yes, but would never wish you back to earth for I know Heaven is a far better place, and that you are with your Jesus, and someday we shall walk down a path again, and talk of things…I can’t wait to see you again, and get to know you.
          So To say I miss you would be an understatement…
 
Dedicated to my Grandfather: Dean Moore, Who went to be with the Lord September 30th, 1998 I was 6


© 2009 Harmony Grace


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on October 2, 2009


Author

Harmony Grace
Harmony Grace

About
really want to be an actressdirector, but I also really love to write! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Harmony Grace


Avery Avery

A Book by Harmony Grace