The Wrong Color

The Wrong Color

A Story by Havatara
"

For the group 500 Words. Almost made it! 506

"

I sat in my room staring out the room.  Bethany was supposed to call me.  Where was she?  What was she doing?  I looked at the clock.  It was eight.  Two hours late.  This was getting ridiculous.

I went down the stairs and told my mom, “I’m going over to Beth’s house.  We were supposed to work on the Science project tonight.”

She looked worried.  “Don’t go down any side streets, Sara.  You don’t know what’s going on in this town at night.”

I smiled at her.  She was always worrying about me.  It was sweet yet so very annoying.  “I’ll be fine, Mom.  See you later.”

The walk to Bethany’s house was fast.  She only lived half a mile away, and it was a clear night.  I rang the doorbell.  No one came.  I rang it again, and when no one answered again I took they key out from under the mailbox and put it in the door, but it wasn’t even locked.  That was odd.  Bethany’s mom always locked the door.

I opened it slowly.  Something weird was going on, but I didn’t know what.  “Hello?  Is anyone here?” I called.  My inner voice said, ‘Oh yeah, if there’s a killer here you go and tell it exactly where you are.’  I told that voice, ‘Shut up.  There’s probably nothing there.  They ran out of milk and had to go emergency grocery shopping.  They’ve done that before.’  But for some reason I didn’t believe myself.

“Hello?” I called again.  I took off my shoes and went into the living room.  All the lights were off in the house, so I ended up stubbing my toe on the sofa.  I thought I heard a ghostly giggle, and I stopped dead in my tracks.

At that moment I figured out that there was a lamp in the room.  I figured it out because I almost tripped on it.  There was the giggle again.  Turning the lamp on, I looked around the room.

And I screamed.

There on the floor was Bethany and her mom.  Bethany was on top of her mom and they had their arms wrapped around each other.  As much as they had fought, they really had loved each other.  They both had stab wounds in their sides.

In the armchair was Beth’s dad.  His throat was cut.  I figured he had been the first to be killed.  Beth’s brother had a wound in his leg, in the artery, and he had other scratches and cuts like he and whoever had killed them had been fighting.  Go Josh.  I looked over towards their fireplace and saw their cat.  The poker was through it.

And then I saw the girl.  She was wearing a white dress with frills on it.  It would have been beautiful except for the red stains on it.  She was sitting on the floor, staring up at me.  In her hands was a knife.

I noticed right before she killed me that her eyes were the wrong color.  They were red.

© 2010 Havatara


Author's Note

Havatara
I don't know if it was obvious at the end or not, but I wanted the little girl to be a demon. Just so you know =) Please review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree with Telephone dude, awesome horror flick! I always think people (especially women) who willingly enter awkwardly quiet place are idiots! I mean even the ppl in the movie, dont they sense ther lives might be endangered!? I guess not. I liked the story, esp. the last sentence. Keep writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


EEP. I love the majesty of the story, the way it flowed. You're awfully good at writing horror flicks. Love it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I liked it...Creepy! I think in the same way...It is sadistic...But thats the point of the story...THATS what makes it interesting.....Lets say that a burglar came and and killed them and took their valuables....Not as good...It would deprive the story...But a sadistic demon in the form of a little girl? Perfect!

Posted 13 Years Ago


That is soooo gross. So creepy, like eww! Sadistic much? I hope you don't always think like this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this was great! i was expecting something but not a little girl she makes it all the more creepy! well done

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It was a bit blunt but overall I loved it!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

245 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 26, 2010
Last Updated on April 26, 2010

Author

Havatara
Havatara

The Town That Moved, St. Louis County, MN (aka Hicksville), MN



About
My birthday is November 12, 1994. I was born and raised in Minnesota and am loving it, despite the mosquitoes and the six month winter. It would be AMAZING if you reviewed something of mine if I r.. more..

Writing
Me and You Me and You

A Poem by Havatara


Nightdemons Nightdemons

A Poem by Havatara