Grateful!

Grateful!

A Story by Heartful5160
"

This is about how when we realize what we have and what others don't have, how grateful are we really? How much of it do we take for granted?

"
     

Don’t you just love the accessibility of driving to a restaurant or grocery store? I know I do. But do you realize that there are some people that can’t. And believe it or not, it’s not just in this country, it’s everywhere. But who’s gonna stop it? Who’s going to make the hungry full?


     Everyday I am blessed to have a meal prepared for me, when I get home from school. My stomach always get’s filled, but did you ever think that , that one day all of that could be taken away? That your parents or mine or even yourself could lose their jobs and then you could possibly be part of  the hungry. It would be quite hard to stop, but there are ways that we can avoid it. I hate to think that it could happen, because it can.


      We have many issues in this world and hunger is a big one. There are some people out there that think that they have enough money and they would never run out of it, but what would happen if they did? Hopefully, they would have some kind of back up plan set and ready, but most people don’t think about these sort of problems. Oh’ nothing like that would ever happen to me, is usually what they think. I’ll be honest with you, I have thought that way, because I have parents that work and they bring home money and we live in a nice house, and I just think that, that would never happen to me, but God can easily take it away from me, to make me realize how important it really is to be grateful for what I have.


     The whole point in this writing is that, most people take what they have for granted and I guess it’s sometimes a good thing, but really it could be a bad thing in the long run. You can easily get it taken away as fast as you received it. Be grateful for what you have, because there’s people out there that don’t have what you have. Or better yet, share what you have with others!

© 2015 Heartful5160


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Absolutely true....many of us are one paycheck away from poverty. We have to think about that. The paychecks can stop and consequently the good life we take for granted. So many people in the world are without food and shelter. We can not assume we will never be in that sort of predicament. Well written. Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


Heartful5160

9 Years Ago

Thank you. I love to know that there are people out there that are on the same page as me. Thanks fo.. read more
This is true and really thought provoking!!! I love it!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Heartful5160

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing! Glad you enjoyed it! Everything I write, I try to make it true. I don't do.. read more
Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

You are welcome!!!!
I think a lot about this and you put my thouths in this story
It is true that we need to be grateful for what we have, one day we can be rich the next day we are poor.
Wonderful story

Posted 9 Years Ago


Lizardo

9 Years Ago

I like your style of thinking, I'm with you on that, I do not come from a rich or poor family only .. read more
Heartful5160

9 Years Ago

It really could. Why not spend your money on the things that matter most? Clothes for your back, foo.. read more
Lizardo

9 Years Ago

True, very true

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 4, 2015
Last Updated on January 4, 2015

Author

Heartful5160
Heartful5160

Sherwood , AR



About
I'm a sixteen year old hard working writer and I enjoy writing every second. I love to give my opinion on things. I've written about three novels and trying to get them published. Please, if you have .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Focus Focus

A Poem by Afraa