BRRRRRRR

BRRRRRRR

A Story by Heartful5160
"

This is just a little story I wrote on my free time

"

           As I’m walking down the busy sidewalk with my boyfriend, Gabriel,  in Times Square, I see people walking past me with their arms full of shopping bags, knowing that their tourists and coming from all over the world. I notice all the people shoving and pushing with rush running through their blood, needing to be somewhere. I’m walking and struggling to keep my bags from sliding off, as people rush by. I take hold of Gabriel’s hand and then a little kid that’s excited to get somewhere runs right in between us. He separates the grip me and Gabriel held between our hands. I start to grab for Gabriel’s hand again, but I couldn't move.

    I notice that Gabriel keeps walking, not noticing what’s going on. I feel something below freezing coming up my leg. I look down and I believe that it’s ice. Ice coming up my legs! I look back up and I see Gabriel walking back my way and I notice more people are stopping and staring.

“Gabriel, please come over here and help me!” I exclaimed.

“What’s going on?” he wondered.

“I don’t know.” Then Gabriel starts to notice that the ice is moving up me pretty quick and I realized that my whole body is fixing to be frozen. Gabriel leans for a kiss and stands back on the wall that’s there and stays there with me. I slowly close my eyes and go into a deep sleep.

 

      I notice that when I wake up from this deep sleep that I had fallen into, Gabriel is still there. That brought back the last memory that I had. We were walking down Times Square together and a little kid separates the holding of me and Gabriel’s hands. That’s what it was. That little kid turned me frozen, but how come he didn't turn Gabriel the same way? I was hoping that this would only last for a couple of hours. I start to see if I could make any noise with my mouth, and I could, so I tried to get Gabriel’s attention. I start holding a scream in, because I couldn't open my mouth. Nobody was around. It was night time and I could see that the lights were shining on the buildings. It was time for the city to shut down and rest till the next morning. But one person that didn't even rest or sleep and was by my side was Gabriel. I was frozen, but then I could also see everything around me. I could still see the world happening around me.

 

      Life was happening around me, without me even moving. Years and months started passing without me. People that I knew came to see me, because Gabriel had told my family what happened. They looked different, because twenty years later passed before me. They grew and changed. I was stuck here in Times Square, looking like a statue, watching the world change before me. The buildings had begun to float above the ground. People were driving what you call the flying cars. Everything was just so surreal. I had noticed that nobody was using phones anymore. If you wanted to call someone, you had to press a button on this little device and they would appear in front of you. A hologram.  Everything had changed. No more calling on the phones. No more trying to keep your business private. Whenever you had to call someone or if they called you, you better hope no one was around, because they would know your business.

 

      I just wish I could go back to living the life before. Before I was frozen and stuck in one place. Everything seemed much easier, comparing it all to the look on all the people’s faces. Then I see the little boy, the boy that froze me there in the first place. I try to scream really loud, but I just couldn't. He saw I and he stood in front of me and he touched the ice that was surrounding and covering my body. He touched me and all the ice fell to the ground and my body was hard to move. I had walked into the future, not knowing what was going on. I had stepped into a new world, that I had watched change before me.

 

        I was glad to be out of the ice, but I never saw Gabriel again. He was gone. But I was happy  I was out of the ice. 

© 2015 Heartful5160


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on April 20, 2015
Last Updated on April 20, 2015

Author

Heartful5160
Heartful5160

Sherwood , AR



About
I'm a sixteen year old hard working writer and I enjoy writing every second. I love to give my opinion on things. I've written about three novels and trying to get them published. Please, if you have .. more..

Writing