Chapter One- The Confusing Beginning

Chapter One- The Confusing Beginning

A Chapter by Raven666

Temperance:

I feel a completely mortified tear stream down my cheek and land on the piece of parchment I have held in my hands. Wait, no, not mortified I feel disowned. Questions flutter in my mind like, How could someone just give me away like that or why would anyone wait until I was out on my own to tell me such morbid news?
             A loud crackle from the fire shatters my thoughts and I glance at the window. The sun is setting and it's almost dusk. I get up and make my way to the fire  to sit that repulsive piece of parchment in the flames ,and watch it burn and crumble down to the ashes. I walk over to my window, and touch my palm to the cool glass. Looking outside I believe it is getting darker by the minute, and if I don't go get my bath water from the well now it won't get done at all. 
             A wave of cool air hit me as soon as I opened the door, and a shiver goes down my spine as I put my bare feet on the moist stone steps. I take a dash to the well and with all the strength I have left from sobbing earlier I pull up the bucket of water and walk back inside. I sit the bucket on some embers from the fire to warm up. 
            I let down my hair and remove the bucket from the fire and stick a washcloth in it. I wash myself and swiftly put on my night-gown. I walk over to candle illuminating the room and blow it out, smoke swirls around in the air like ravens in the dreary night sky as lay down I stare at it for a minute and slowly drift off to sleep


© 2013 Raven666


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on May 31, 2013
Last Updated on June 5, 2013


Author

Raven666
Raven666

AL



About
Hi, the name is Elizabeth Lee. I'm 15, Sophomore, woop. I don't talk much anymore. The majority of the human population I know are terrible. I am a free thinker. I am not a follower. You don't l.. more..

Writing
Helpless boy Helpless boy

A Story by Raven666


Only Fate Only Fate

A Book by Raven666