Chapter Three- The Secret Letter

Chapter Three- The Secret Letter

A Chapter by Raven666

Temperance:
       When I wake up I stare sleepily at the ceiling. I turn to my side and stare at the open window. I can tell it is almost noon by the way the sunlight shines through. I yawn and desperately want to fall back into my slumber, but I know I have very important work to do today. I raise up and stretch then slowly make my way out of bed. 
I walk over to my window and look out to see leaves drifting down from my oak trees and accumulating into a big pile on the ground. I let out a big sigh, and I was terribly dreading going out today, but I quickly eat my breakfast and put my clothes on anyway.
       I sit down at my table, and with a heavy heart pick up my quill. On my finest piece of parchment I explain everything to her. The good, the bad, and the ugly she needs to know everything. When I finally finish I hold It up and examine my work carefully before putting it in an envelope and sealing it tightly. I put on my coat and slip the letter into my pocket and head out the door. 
      It was an unusually cold early autumn day, but it wasn't unbearable. Besides  I didn't have to walk to far anyways. I skip down the little path in my yard to the dirt road that leads to the town of Fallen Held. It wasn't but about a thirty minute walk on foot to the carriages, and I could ride the rest of the way. I walk, walk, and walk a little more until I reach the Carriage Station. It was a medium sized barn with all sorts of carriages and horses of all breeds and sizes. I walk up to Cederick's stall, because he had the prettiest and fastest horses. Roam colored Arabians that could gallop to speeds above 30 miles per hour.
       "Hello Temperance, I haven't seen you in a while," The old carriage driver said
"Yeah I know," I tell him, " been quite busy at home." 
He nods, " Where are you headed?"
"FallenHeld." I tell him. 
"Hop on in," He says as he motions to the carriage," I'll get you there in fifteen minutes." 
I step into the carriage and off we go. It wasn't a very comfy ride but it sure beats walking. As we are riding my mind starts to wonder back and forth on many subjects here and there, but mostly on my sister. I haven't seen her in so long and I wonder how she is doing or if she is even alive. I shake my head because I shouldn't  even thing of such a thing I should just hope for the best. I look out the window to see some houses ,the houses right outside the gates of Fallen Held to be exact. The carriage comes to rough stop and I step out onto a platform. I look at Cederick. 
"How much do I owe you?" I ask him. 
He just looks at me and smiles " Not a thing Miss Blakemore, I was on my way here anyways." 
             I thank him and run swiftly to the post office just about twenty feet away. I walk inside to the lady at the counter 
" I need this sent to BlackBrook, what will the postage fee be?" I ask her. 
"A half piece." She says
   I get out my change purse and hand her a shiny copper coin, then the letter. "Thank you!" I shout as I run out the door.


© 2013 Raven666


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on May 31, 2013
Last Updated on June 1, 2013


Author

Raven666
Raven666

AL



About
Hi, the name is Elizabeth Lee. I'm 15, Sophomore, woop. I don't talk much anymore. The majority of the human population I know are terrible. I am a free thinker. I am not a follower. You don't l.. more..

Writing
Helpless boy Helpless boy

A Story by Raven666


Only Fate Only Fate

A Book by Raven666