Fehu and the Broken Wall

Fehu and the Broken Wall

A Chapter by HermesHonor
"

In which the Buffalo becomes a Fish

"

When the boy woke next, he swam in a Sea of Blue instead of Yellow.


"How the Hell?!" HE exclaimed. The Universe Roared through his Mind and Forgot How to Dream.


I mean... How to Breathe. Dang it, this story is already getting away from me... Said the Narrator.


I straighten my jacket and peer over my shoulder to see if I have woken the Mrs. I have not. She sleeps soundly. I sip my Peppermint Tea and check the baby. She is not asleep. Again, she trashes her room, but she does so in a quiet way, so I let it slide. I kiss the top of her head as I close the baby gate and head out to my workshop. I leave my Child, My Berry, with the Old Man Who Watches Stories and the Sleeping Beauty.


Ahem. ANywaaaaay. *Straightens Glasses*


*~&~*


So The Boy Forgot How To Breathe. He began to feel his lungs burn. His Throat. His Tongue. He discovered these things as he felt them burn within himself. He began to Hurt. He began to Shake. He felt the Acid he had discovered before begin to Spill out of Himself from Two separate Places.


He Vomited Yellow Bile. He Shat A Green Tendril. The Universe Appeared In the shape of a Cat Made of Fire and with a Skilled Paw, pulled him out of the water.


"Are You Drowning, Little Fish?!" She said Maliciously, pulling the Fish out of the Water and into the Realm of Air. The Fish felt the Air burn his lungs worse than the Water!


She Cackled and Clucked Proudly to Herself, and with a Swift Motion, Ate the Boy without Waiting for his Answer.


*~&~*


When the Boy returned to the Ocean, knowing he was once a fish and once a boy, He decided to keep the bottom half of the fish and keep his top half a boy.


This Time, when He was Plunged into the Black and Blue Depths, He opted for the Tail of the Fish and the Top half of a man. He did not, however, realize that with that form, there was no air, and therefore his lungs quickly collapsed under the pressure of the water. He was on Fire again and, of course, He Died.


The Boy lingered in his Sleep too long. He woke up in the void again, but this time, felt a Heat coming from his back. He turned over in bed, and was surprised to find Flesh in the bed next to him.


What do I do? He asked the Void Silently.

Do. He heard the note ring into his head.

No. Another note, two steps above joined itself to the do still echoing in his head;

Ar. Another note, again two steps above joined the prior two.

Muh. At last, returning to the note of Do in the next octave.


No... Arms? The boy wondered. He knew he grew too curious, but he wanted to ask the void. Still, he had learned to be cautious in the dark and instead looked around for something with which to make light. 

For no discernible reason, he checked the floor at the foot of his downy bed. As the descriptors came to him, his mind raced. "Feet?? Downy? Bed? What are all these things? Where am I?"


The boy felt a candle at the foot. His heart pounded so fast in his chest he felt it may switch sides and take residence in two cavities in his chest, not one. He got so afraid he Died a third time before the light was even lit.


*~&~*

The Boy went into shock upon entering the body of water. He drew breath in without thinking of the Water about to enter his lungs. HE filled his Lungs with the water.


And he was Ok.


"I'm OK!" He Tried to say. A bubble exited his mouth and floated in a spritely manner towards the surface.


HE decided to check on the girl. HE kicked his fishtale and swam as fast as he could to the surface.


His Head popped up above the surface of the water. He exclaimed again.


"I'M OK!!"


His grin split his face in half from ear to ear. HE decided to look at himself in the surface of the water.


Surface... Water...


NO CHILD. SHUSH.


*~&~*


Daddy, I don't want to be quiet. I want some water.


I know you do, sweetheart.


Why can't I have some Water? She pouts.


Because, Child, There is No Water.


Why Not?


We Drank It ALL... the Entity Whispered...


Daddy... I'm Scared.


WE ARE ALL SCARED.


And with that, The Hermit Blew Out The Light and Turned His Violet Eyes to Face His Son. The only weapon he carried was a shribled paw.


*~&~*


When The Boy surfaced, He Exclaimed Loudly, hoping to bring the Queen he had seen back. "Dezerae!!" He called the most beautiful name he could think of, Hoping from the bottom of his heart it was her name.


He watched the cloak of her outfit exit from the tunnel, winding up a set of stairs. She was Gone.


The Boy was Angry he didn't get to see her again. He glowed red and Raged in the pool of Glowing Green. He Raged until the water around him boiled him alive. He died again.


Again!? The Ichor-Child Cried, exasperatedly.


*~&~*


Yes, Again.


Daddy?


Yes, Ichor?


I have to use the Bathroom.


WTR... OK.


He froze her on the Toilet, because she refused to Sleep.


*~&~*


"YOu Called?" The Woman Woke the Mer-Man from his Day Dream


"I... What?" He asked, confused and dazed. His Vision had Faded Momentarily.


"You Called. You Called Dezerae" The Woman Was staring at Him


"Yes. Is that Your Name?"


"No." She said, looking at him Curiously


"What Is Your Name?" The Ichor Child Wondered.


"My Name?" She Blinked at him Twice, surprised. "My Name. No One Man has Asked Before."


"I am not a man." Said the Child of the Water.


"Not A Man?" The woman Giggled at Him. "Then What is your name?"


"ICHOR!!" The boy giggled! He had never felt such joy as to simply say his name in this form.


"SH!" The woman's voice hurt the boy with sharp it cut through his joy.


"What did we do?" The boy asked. He felt his chin quiver. He did not know why the small noise hurt more from her than any of the deaths the Void had inflicted.


"We may have dropped the ball..." The woman said. She grabbed the merman's ugly face and kissed it as hard as she could. She then told him.


My Name Is AMALTHEA.


She Gathered Up Her Cloak and took off from the Small Cavern, grabbing a small bowl of glowing blue water as she went up the staircase. Ichor watched the bowl's light flicker off the rocks of the caverns slick walls until there were no more blue reflections to dance like fireflies on the wall. He felt as if his chest was going to burst in two places.


He couldn't breathe. He was drowning again, but no part of him was on fire.


"What did I do wrong?" He cried to the Universe


EVERYTHING. The Void Responded.


And with that, Ichor had a Heart Attack and Died with no fire


*~&~*



© 2018 HermesHonor


Author's Note

HermesHonor
You know what I'm about. Rip it up.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

66 Views
Added on September 9, 2018
Last Updated on October 1, 2018
Tags: fantasy, history, tarot, runes, magic, arthurian, wicca, christian, buddhist, pagan, muslim, jew, scientology, human experience, adventure


Author

HermesHonor
HermesHonor

Sandy, UT



About
I wish only to tell my story, and to make it good. more..

Writing
Uruz Uruz

A Chapter by HermesHonor


Kenaz Kenaz

A Chapter by HermesHonor