The Rainbow Prison

The Rainbow Prison

A Chapter by HermesHonor
"

In which a Fish becomes a Rat.

"

The Boy went into shock upon entering the body of water. He drew breath in without thinking of the Water about to enter his lungs. HE filled his Lungs with the water.


And he was Ok.


"I'm OK!" He Tried to say. A bubble exited his mouth and floated in a spritely manner towards the surface.


HE decided to check on the girl. HE kicked his fishtale and swam as fast as he could to the surface.


His Head popped up above the surface of the water. He exclaimed again.


"I'M OK!!"


His grin split his face in half from ear to ear. HE decided to look at himself in the surface of the water.


Surface... Water...


NO CHILD. SHUSH.


*~&~*


Daddy, I don't want to be quiet. I want some water.


I know you do, sweetheart.


Why can't I have some Water? She pouts.


Because, Child, There is No Water.


Why Not?


We Drank It ALL... the Entity Whispered...


Daddy... I'm Scared.


WE ARE ALL SCARED.


And with that, The Hermit Blew Out The Light and Turned His Violet Eyes to Face His Son. The only weapon he carried was a shribled paw.


*~&~*


When The Boy surfaced, He Exclaimed Loudly, hoping to bring the Queen he had seen back. "Dezerae!!" He called the most beautiful name he could think of, Hoping from the bottom of his heart it was her name.


He watched the cloak of her outfit exit from the tunnel, winding up a set of stairs. She was Gone.


The Boy was Angry he didn't get to see her again. He glowed red and Raged in the pool of Glowing Green. He Raged until the water around him boiled him alive. He died again.


Again!? The Ichor-Child Cried, exasperatedly.


*~&~*


Yes, Again.


Daddy?


Yes, Ichor?


I have to use the Bathroom.


WTR... OK.


He froze her on the Toilet, because she refused to Sleep.


*~&~*


"YOu Called?" The Woman Woke the Mer-Man from his Day Dream


"I... What?" He asked, confused and dazed. His Vision had Faded Momentarily.


"You Called. You Called Dezerae" The Woman Was staring at Him


"Yes. Is that Your Name?"


"No." She said, looking at him Curiously


"What Is Your Name?" The Ichor Child Wondered.


"My Name?" She Blinked at him Twice, surprised. "My Name. No One Man has Asked Before."


"I am not a man." Said the Child of the Water.


"Not A Man?" The woman Giggled at Him. "Then What is your name?"


"ICHOR!!" The boy giggled! He had never felt such joy as to simply say his name in this form.


"SH!" The woman's voice hurt the boy with how sharp it cut through his joy.


"What did we do?" The boy asked.


"We may have dropped the ball..." The woman said. She grabbed the merman's ugly face and kissed it as hard as she could. She then told him.


My Name Is AMALTHEA.


*~&~*

NO!!! A little girl screamed and threw herself on the bed. "That's not her name!" She clapped her hands over her face and suppressed a giggle.


I know it's not child, I responded.


Why did she Lie? The Girl Asked


She Didn't Know She Lied


*~&~*


The Boy Waited for the Woman to Return.


The Woman Never Returned.


The Water Began to Rumble in the pool. Softly. First it just shook back and forth and he noticed a tchtch noise from the roof of the cave. A number of clods of dirt fell into his pool and he frequently had to dart back and forth in the dark glowing water to avoid getting hit by some of the Larger pieces.


Eventually the ceiling began to drop clods of dirt that were larger. They became more frequent.


The Boy was very scared. He wished Dezerae would come back.


"OH DEZI!" he cried. He swam to the bottom of his pool and curled in the bottom corner for what felt like ever.


When he next returned to the surface, the ceiling was gone. The bench Dezerae and The Table he had lain on were also gone. There was too much light though. The thin layer of structure that covered the ceiling was letting a reddish orange glow into the cave, which overpowered the Glow of the Green. It looked like the Bull felt like, and Ichor grew frightened.


"HELP! AMALTHEA!" the boy screamed.


A sharp spike split the thin wooden shield that blocked the last of the light, and it slowly got wider the closer it got to his pool. He swam to the bottom, scared.


"She has left me. She has left me forever." He cried as he swam downward.


Yellow light began to pour into the pool. The boy was worried about breathing bile, so he held his breath. However, he couldn't hold his breath forever. He again, died.


^~&~^


Amalthea pushed a pin through the last layer of pith between herself and the tiny cavity within the branch that held the Merman. She wiggled it as gently as she could, so as to not hurt him if he was curious enough to stay upon the surface of the bitter green liquid he apparently needed to live.


So strange, that that is what Mannaz (as she had named him. She couldn't bring herself to make the gurgling noises he had used to name himself) had required to finally sustain the soul she had been attempting to get into his sewn together body. She couldn't fathom so much as smelling it only a week prior.


She finally opened the top of the incubation chamber, and poured the green water into a more diluted solution of pasturized lifesludge she had concocted in the meantime. She got out her seeing eye glass and peered into the fishbowl, hoping to see signs of the merman.


And see him she did, but all she saw was his dead body floating upon the surface of the aquarium. All her years of experiments, for naught. She cried in agony and threw the Fishbowl out the Window.


*~&~*


SCRIIIIIIECH


I was jolted up from my laptop and ran into the kitchen. Elsa had forgotten to turn on the Garbage Disposal before she had turned on the water to get a drink. An absolute Deathstorm of Centipedes had poured out of the kitchen drain, the pox of where we lived.


I picked her up and carried her to the Sleeping Beauty, asking her to wake up. She looked at me with one Angry Eye and replied "Oh sure. I'll carry the balloon again. I've only carried it Forever. WHAT'S FOREVER AND A DAY?!" She angrily takes hold of Elsa as I run back to the kitchen, smashing as many centipedes as I could with a frying pan. I began to hear complaints about the racket I was making but I continued until the Centipedes were dead. I hated having to kill them, but they were abundant and I was bound by my honor to save the Ladies from things that Creep.


I grabbed a cup of water for my little Loo Who and regained parentage from the Sleeping Beauty. I then asked her to go back to sleep. She complies, and I sing the child into passive snuggles. She gets younger and younger every day. Soon she shall forget to dance and sing. But she is not gone. I will hold her.


*~&~*


The boy woke up in a white room again, in a small crystal bowl. He retained his fishman form. The entire bottom of the bowl was covered with pebbles of purple, pink, blue-green, and white. There was a small plastic rock, large enough for him to enter and swim around but not much more. There is a person watching him from the corner of the small white room, sitting in a white coat and drinking a black liquid from a white mug which says in slight, black lettering "Aham dveshhyaH Morndas"


The girl watching him was also pretty, but not in the way Amalthea had been pretty. She had dark eyes, almost black, and long black hair. She wore a simple rope of glass beads on her head with one precious stone dangling slightly above and perfectly between her two eyes. She had deep red lips and olive skin and patterns dancing up each of their arms. She held a black stick and a white board on her lap, but she had stopped using them and placed them as Mannaz watched down on the floor near her feet.


"Arthur... Do you know what I'm saying?" The girl says to him in his tongue, but she had a thick accent which made it difficult to understand. The first name sounded more like Ar-tur when she said it, but Mannaz decided he liked the way it sounded and that it could be his name.


"I understand you, yes." Arthur said. He was tentative, since it wasn't Amalthea, but he decided that she would do.


"Arthur, where did you learn to speak?" She said. Arthur began to feel more and more uncomfortable. He tried to hold his breath and kill himself because he felt so uncomfortable in his body. He passed out before answering.


He woke up and the woman was still in the room but there was a half eaten lunch by her chair and her mug was 3 feet from the front of the crystal bowl. She was talking loudly and hysterically to herself but stopped when she noticed him. She turned her attention back to him.


"You are back! Oh thank you! We can't afford to lose another test."


"Please," Arthur felt the pain in his bones just as it was before he blacked out. "Please eat me. I am so terribly awful feeling." He didn't know quite what he was saying, so muddled was he from the bees it felt buzzed throughout his veins and the hammer which rang unceasingly in his mind.


"Oh no! I couldn't eat anything that lives. That would be cruelty. Besides, we are excited we made you! May we test you?"


"Test me? What is that?"


"We would like to examine you to learn"


"I..." He stopped, not sure whether it was worth the pain to help the woman. But something in him made him agree "I don't see why not"


He spent the rest of that life in agonizing pain. He begged for someone to eat him daily. They would not. They fed him green pellets that reminded him of the noodles he excreted and he learned to hate food. He began to hate breathing, it hurt so badly. He went a little more mad every day, sometimes railing against his bowl with all his force, hoping to knock it to the ground. During these fits he would scream "LIFE IS PAIN! LIFE IS PAIN" as he beat one side of himself and then the other side against the glass. 


One day it worked when no one was in the room. The crystal shattered and he stabbed himself on a shard of glass and died, 40 days after meeting the woman with no name.



© 2018 HermesHonor


Author's Note

HermesHonor
Rip it up. spit it out. whatever. I wanna hear it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on September 17, 2018
Last Updated on October 1, 2018
Tags: fantasy, history, tarot, runes, magic, arthurian, wicca, christian, buddhist, pagan, muslim, jew, scientology, human experience, adventure


Author

HermesHonor
HermesHonor

Sandy, UT



About
I wish only to tell my story, and to make it good. more..

Writing
Uruz Uruz

A Chapter by HermesHonor


Kenaz Kenaz

A Chapter by HermesHonor