In The Beginning

In The Beginning

A Chapter by HiddenAngel
"

The stage is set for the story. The history of the couple is explained and disturbing news is revealed.

"

Sophomore year was the beginning of great things. I finally had my license and a super-hot new car. My friends and I were living life like there was no tomorrow. Half way through the year I met Brett. He was every girls dream. Tall, muscular, tan and he had amazing eyes. We instantly connected and soon started dating. Every weekend we would drive out to the country side and have a picnic under one of the biggest trees I had ever seen. Some days after school he would take me back to his house and we would watch movies. Our relation was a secret and we both understood why it had to stay like that. Junior year he took me on vacation to the mountains. There I learned a lot of surprising things. Brett smoked cigarettes frequently and it never really bothered me but when he pulled out a crack pipe I knew things had to stop. “Brett what are you doing?” I screamed while running across the wooden floors of the cabin. He took a puff and placed the pipe back down next to him “Shut the f**k up! Get back in the bedroom” he screamed from the floor. My eyes were watering as I watched him take another hit. “Did you not f*****g hear me!” he screamed while trying to stand up. “Brett please stop it’s late just come to bed!” I begged. He threw the pipe against the floor and stormed over to me, grabbing me by the arm and dragging me into the bedroom. “I’m sorry just let me go that hurts!” I cried. Suddenly his whole attitude changed “Courtney” he whispered and pulled me close. My tears drenched his bare chest, running down the tattoos on his abs. Slowly we made our way to the king size bed and fell asleep. The rest of junior year was calm. I only witnessed him smoke crack three other times and knew better than to interrupt him. Senior year I gave up my innocence while we were on a picnic. After that we frequently had sex whenever we were alone. Brett’s rule was no condom and naturally I became pregnant after a few months. Before I even had a chance to decide if I wanted to keep the baby or not it was gone. I stayed at his house most of the time and witnessed his crack addiction even more. One night got out of control and we both started punching and kicking at each other. For two months after that we didn’t talk. The day of graduation Brett showed up with flowers and a diamond necklace asking me to come back. A month after graduation we ran away. That’s where everything catches up. Brett works nights while I work at the Denny’s down the road. After work I’d walk home to the shabby apartment and sit up waiting for Brett. Tonight was no different. I sat at the crappy plastic table that barely stood. The smell of cigarettes filled the whole apartment even though no one was smoking. Finally the door opened and Brett walked in. “What took you so long it’s almost three?” I asked. He threw a wad of cash on the table and sat down “I had business I needed to do damnit.” He said clearly upset. “I’m sorry babe I was just worried.” I said while reaching for his hand. Compared to mine his hand was gigantic. Brett wasn’t a small person.  He stood six foot four inches and was 205 pounds of pure muscle. “Sorry I’m just tired.” He said and pulled his hand away. “You going to bed?” I asked while he walked away “I guess” he said while throwing his shirt onto the couch. At seventeen it seemed like such a good idea to run away with the guy you’re in love with but now, three months later, reality was finally hitting. “Court come on!” he screamed from the bedroom. I kicked off my shoes and walked into the room flopping down onto the bed. Brett pulled me against his naked body and kissed my neck “You know I love you right?” he asked pausing from the kisses. I stared into his grey eyes which were adjacent with mine now “I’ve always known you love me. Did you know that I love you?” I asked and kissed his nose. He rolled on top of me and took me in a bear hug as we made love into the early morning. A hand making its way down my thigh had woken me up. Brett lay next to with a smile on his face and kissed me on the cheek. For a long time we laid together staring into each other’s eyes. Our naked bodies pressed against each other to keep warm. Soon there was a knock on the door that startled both of us. Brett got up and pulled on shorts and left the room. I crept out of the room still naked and looked around the wall. Brett’s old friend Jay was sitting at the table while Brett poured them both a drink. “Jay I told you not to come around here anymore.” Brett said while handing him the drink. “Brett this is serious. They have people out looking for you all over Wilmington. They questioned everyone at the school and everyone off your old phone.” He said then took a sip of Gatorade. “Damn man do you even have any alcohol around here? What is this s**t?” Jay said while pushing the cup away. “You say they’re out looking for me and you want me to pull out my I.D you’re f*****g insane.” Brett said and they both started to laugh. I quietly went back to the bedroom and put on sweatpants and a tee shirt then headed back into the kitchen. “You’re in deep s**t man” Jay finished saying as I walked in. All eyes were on me as I walked to the fridge and grabbed a soda “hey” I said nervously and sat on Brett’s lap. Brett’s lips grazed the back of my neck as he wrapped his arms around me. “So this is the girl.” Jay said looking me up and down. “Sure is.” Brett replied and kissed my cheek. Jay looked back at Brett worried and sighed “all I’m saying man is that things are about to get bad. She’s not even legal yet and look at you.” He said with another sigh. I turned to look at Brett who was staring into nothingness. “Babe what’s going on?” I asked leaning my head on his shoulder. “I gotta get out of here man but just be careful.” Jay said then got up and left. Brett stood up gently placing me to the side then turned and punched the wall. “This is f*****g ridiculous! F*****g s**t!” he screamed and punched the wall again causing his hand to bleed. “Brett” I whispered. He turned and walked away, shoving me to the side as he passed. I lost my footing and went falling into the counter, hitting my jaw against the edge. Brett slammed the bedroom door shut and threw something across the room. I sat against the counter crying and listening to his fit of rage. After ten minutes he had calmed down and I figured he had gotten high. Slowly I opened the door and walked in. He was sitting against the dresser, which was now on its side at the opposite side of the room, with his head hanging in-between his legs. “Brett!” I screamed running to his side. A syringe lay next to him empty. He picked his head up and looked me in the eyes “get the f**k out!” he screamed and slapped me across the face. “Brett please stop!” I begged as he filled the syringe again. This time he didn’t yell, with his one arm he flung me back against the wall then got up and came at me. “Stop!” I screamed as he punched me continually. After five minutes his high wore off and he collapsed next to me crying. “Leave” he managed to say, out of breath. I grabbed his arm and held on with both hands. “Courtney get out of here!” he said again and pushed me away. Tears were streaming down my face as I walked out of the room. I grabbed my jacket and headed out into the cold Michigan air.



© 2011 HiddenAngel


Author's Note

HiddenAngel
Tell me what you thing. Everything is a rough draft at this point so I'll be editing it a lot. Suggestions are very helpful. If there is anything you think could be done different let me know.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on March 26, 2011
Last Updated on March 26, 2011


Author

HiddenAngel
HiddenAngel

About
I'm sixteen and a student in highschool. My life revolves around music, art, and writing. My friends are my inspiration for most of my work. I would be nothing without them. I suffer from anxiety & se.. more..

Writing