Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hidden_identity
"

A random story that just came out, most of it real, some made up. I don't think all men are like Angel's dad, but hate the ones that are.

"
I always seem to hurt the ones I truly love.  My dad left because of God knows what.  Him and my mom always fought.  Money, decorating, pets, me, you name it.  I got sick of it.  At first, I would cry.  I didn't like to see them fight; to see my family fall apart.  Even on Christmas, they fought.  My birthday, they fought because my dad was "too tired to go out".  My mom would always cry and I would hate to see it which made me loath my dad even more.  According to him, my mom couldn't do anything right and, apparently, neither could I.

He would always yell at me the same way he would yell at her.   I would tell my mom that and she would yell at him about it and somehow, the argument would always turn into that my mom didn't do anything right.

Then, one day, I came home from school.  I walked into the house and immediately knew something was wrong.

"Mom!" I bellowed into the silent house.

I dropped my book bag and ran upstairs.  I turned right and burst into my mom's room.  She was sitting cross-legged on the white bed, tear by tear dropping off her face.  Her face was red and blotchy.  I quickly hurried to her side.  In her hand was a piece of paper with my dad's writing on it.

"Mom?", I asked softly, "What's wrong?"

All she did was shakily hand over the letter.  As I read, tears threatened to ripple down my face as well, but I had to be strong for my mom.

The letter read:

                  Dear Rebecca and Angel,

I have had enough.  I have decided to leave.  I will not be coming back so do not wait for me.  Rebecca, I hope that you have learned from this mistake and now know how to treat a husband.  Angel, do not take after your mother.  Now you also know what you have to do to make a man happy.  Never make a mistake and do everything that he says.  Never asks questions.  Always cook him meals and bend to his every need and will.  Do the best you can with the mother that you have.  I'm sorry that you have to deal with her.  Just think, you only have 4 more years until you're 18 and you can move out.  Too bad that that's 4 more years with that insufferable wench you call your mother.
                                                            
                                                                     Good-bye,
                                                                               Richard

I crumpled up the paper and threw it as hard as I could across the room.  The tears stinging my eyes, wanting to fall.  I put my arm around my mother to soothe her.  I whispered in her ear that it would all be okay, that we will be better off without him.  She made no effort to hid her tears and sobs.

That was the day I swore I would find him and make him suffer.  


© 2010 Hidden_identity


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

its really good and i feel so bad for them. keep up the good work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I feel so bad for them... It's a good write though, Keep it up :]

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 21, 2010
Last Updated on December 23, 2010


Author

Hidden_identity
Hidden_identity

Neverland, SC



About
I am an aspiring writer. I am currently writing about five stories right now. I would really be grateful to hear what other people have to say about them other than my family. I am a very private pers.. more..

Writing