Fried rice and Eggs

Fried rice and Eggs

A Story by Hercules94
"

A police office takes mercy for an abused kid. By his aunt, who sold him for a pound of cocaine to a local druglord.

"

"The more the better." These words came out of the mouth of the three-star policeman, Patrick. "We will use the excess as bait to drive out other junkies. Mark, it's upto you to store these drugs in my office."

"Yes sir!" Said Officer Mark as he saluted. His hand had a tight ring in the third finger, which hadn't been removed for years and the skin had been adjusted to the tightness of the Ring.

Patrick gave a smirk and left with the criminals in the van. Mark was the Incharge of handling the mass drugs they had found and he got back to his work. Not so far away he could see Susan, leading the kids who had been caught, working for the Druglords to a special van. All seventeen of them would be under special supervision of doctors for a week or so.

Mark stopped in his path, looking at all the children, a young girl, not older than 10 was walking in the front her skirt was torn on the sides, So Susan had given the girl her scarf. She was clearly the oldest of all the Children and her clothes showed the condition they were kept in, especially all the girls, this infuriated Mark as he was father of a two year old girl and the thought of her among them… he couldn't even imagine it.

The boys were beaten too, but not as bad as girls were. They clearly did not force themselves on the boys. Among the boys, there was a boy, blonde, malnourished like everyone but compared to him, every other child looked healthy. He had sunken face, a black eye, skinny fingers, and his eyes looked like there was no life in that boy. The way he walked, the way he looked around and the fact that all the kids were saved from these demons and everyone was happy or relieved to some extent but this boy, this boy looked sad, sad to leave this place.

Mark kept staring at them until everyone of them was in the bus, not wanting to anything, not feeling anything, and not what he told to be… Proud.

The bus with kids in them left. To a children hospital in the city and they would stay for some time. And then, those who have parents would be taken back to them and those who don't, will be sent to an Orphanage.

A month later, when Mark entered the police station, he again saw that Blonde kid, sitting on a bench which was directly in front of Mark's desk. Mark looked at the kid for a while, but then started to work.

But he couldn't concentrate, with a set of dead eyes staring at you, even the worst person couldn't work. Mark wasn't the only one, everyone in the office was disrupted by this kid. He did not have the black eye he had a month ago, but he was as malnourished as he was back then. Those blonde hair were shorter then before and he was dress in actual clothes, not torn apart dirty rags.

Mark called the watchman of the station to ask him about the kid and what he was doing here. The watchman was an old man with white beard and tanned skin and the clothes he was wearing were a size or two biger than his body. He looked like how he looked everyday but he was missing his everyday smile.

When the watchman reached Mark's desk, he was asked to sit down, and Mark asked, "who is that kid?"

The watchman replied in a hush. "Don't you know, he is the nephew of that Crackload Patrick caught… the one who lead us to catch the druglord… yes! He is her nephew."

Mark looked at the kid and then back at the watchman. "She was broke, she had bo money to buy her any drugs, but she had one thing that she could exchange for drugs… she sold that boy to those devils to get a pound of cocaine… not that he lived a life of luxary with his aunt, she would lock him in a small cage for pets at night and make out with any junkie who paid her… and yes, she had one room apartment, she he would either be in bathroom or in the kitchen or even be in corner of that same room."

"He rarely cried or even got scared. But when he did, his aunt had a leash for him… one day when he was hungry, he tried to eat from her fridge without her knowledge, he must have done this before… but this time his aunt wasn't passed out on coke and she saw him… saying that those druglords never hurt any boy on the face, that black eye was the work of his aunt…"

"The very next day when she did not have any money to get her daily dose of coke and none of the sellers were turned on by her, she exchanged her own nephew for one pound… and when she was returning with that pound, Patrick and team caught her…"

"Yeah... yeah… I know the rest." Interuppted Mark.

"Well, sir… if you could help me…" said the Watchman, but when he saw the angry face if Mark, he quickly added, "I will return when the month ends… but sir… it's…" before he could speak anymore, Mark took a bill of 20 and threw it and the watchman grabbed it and left saying thank you. But Mark was too busy looking at the boy, he couldn't think lesser about a thank you.

Soon it was the time for Lunch. Mark pulled out a small tiffin box and opened it. It had fried rice and eggs in it. Mark was hungry, he did not eat much this morning as he was late. But he soon looked at the kid standing in front of him.

He stood up and went to the bench where the kid was sitting and offered him the food. The kid declined by saying "No."

"It may be cold, but it's tasty." Said Mark as he smiled at the kid. Mark knew the kid wanted to eat but for him it was like a forbidden fruit, you can't just eat them. So Mark filled a spoon full of rice and offered it to the kid. The kid hesitated for a second but opened his mouth and Mark spoon fed him the entire tiffin.

The kid did not say thank you, Mark wondered if he even knew what it was, he did not look older than seven and considering his past, it was surprising he even knew the word 'No.'

When it was evening, Mark packed his stuf and hesitantly approached the kid, "what is your name kid?" He asked.

"Aunt called me 'B*****d' you can call me that too." The kid replied.

"Are you waiting for your aunt?" Said Mark.

"She got a house… she has the keys… I want only keys." The kid replied, despite how he looked, he was smart and quick witted.

Mark smiled at him and hesitantly said, "I got a house too." He was scared of how his wife would react. But he considered he should act first for his wife to react.

"I had one other house, a big one, with many kids of all ages and good mothers too… but they did not like me. They avoided me… atleast in my aunts house there would be no one to avoid me." The kid said, looking Mark in the eyes, the kid's eyes were shining now. Despite how scary his eyes looked, they were the pretty blue colour, and would one day have life in them.

Mark smiled and said, "I may not have that big house, there may not be many kids or mothers… but you will have one mother and one sister too. They'd love you."

"My aunt once told me I had a sister too, she said that she was glad she died in the accident with both my parents." The kid said.

"I guess you'll have all of them back if you come with me. A loving father, A loving mother, a beautiful sister." Mark said smiling at the kid. He took out his mobile phone and showed him a pic of his daughter.

The boy looked at the picture with interest. Mark continued, "you will meet her if you come with me."

"My aunt told me I'm unlucky and I destroy everyone who is with me." The boy said with a gloomy look on his face.

"That's no reason. If you were unlucky, why did your aunt got caught only when she left you behind? Why did we only find out about the base of those druglords when you were taken to them? Technically you are the reason all those kids are now safe… you are not unlucky, you are lucky for those kids you saved."

"Is that true?" The boy asked, quickly thinking that it was a stupid question.

"You are Lucky my boy." Mark said, holding the boy tightly on the shoulders.

"I am Lucky." The boy said.

"You are Lucky." Mark said. "Let's go Lucky, mother's waiting. Mark took the boy, Lucky in his arms and took him to his house.

-THE END

© 2020 Hercules94


Author's Note

Hercules94
I would like to say they lived happily ever after but they didn't. A bunch of stuff happened which led Lucky to doubt himself again but now he had someone who cared for him, his sister.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

25 Views
Added on May 20, 2020
Last Updated on May 20, 2020
Tags: Love, lucky, drugs, police

Author

Hercules94
Hercules94

India



About
Everytime I start writing, I somehow turn a cute love story into a tragedy more..

Writing