Lies and Secrets

Lies and Secrets

A Chapter by HoneyHoneyMomo
"

updated Chapter 3

"
I woke up to soft whispers,i opened my eyes and saw what looked like a girl and guys legs standing in the kitchen,so i thought it might be Eru and his girlfriend Rebekah.I was about to pop up and say morning when the girl's voice said "Jake,i want you but what should we do about Eru?" I stayed down after hearing that and did not dare to make any movements,i closed my eyes tight as i can,i pretended that i was sleeping.
 
Rebekah continued "I just can't keep doing this,this sneaking around,afraid that Eru might come around the corner at any moment and lying all the time!" It was silent for a while then i heard Rebekah say "Come on,no fooling around this early,Jake baby you know i can't deny you but neither can i lie." I heard foot steps,the thump and click clack coming towards me.I guess shes the type to wear heel from the sound of it.
 
"Eww,some dirty hobo is on the couch." she said.I held my breath and felt frozen. "Come on beck,let's go to the diner,forget about it." Said what must've been Jake,Eru's older brother.His voice was deep but muffled like his mouth had cotton balls or...then i thought like those druggies on TV.
 
I heard the clunking of their shoes move father away and shuffle of their jackets,then the door closed with a soft click.I popped up gasping for air and shocked at all that i just happened in one day.Acting stupid and rebellious for dressing like this and stomping out of my house,meeting a stranger and following him home,then of all things trusting him enough to pass out on his couch!I stood up,took a deep breath and sighed it all out.
 
I really am a typical fourteen year old,for getting mad easily at my parents and letting myself stay here.I went over to a mirror hanging on a wall by the door,man i look...look so horrible!!My hair all frizzled and my eyes looked sullen.I scanned around until i saw a clock,8am.I'll leave now and act like none of this happened,and that i didn't find out that that sweet weirdo was being double crossed and here i was complaining about a divorce.
 
As i started to open the door I heard "Your leaving already?" I turned my head and saw Eru.He looked sleep eyed but with a side of abandonment in his face.Like a puppy sad that the owner stopped playing and is walking away. "yes i have to.." i said sounding far off and demanding "I mean my parents might call the police or something and i wouldn't want to get you in trouble." Then i started thinking,Eru doesn't look like a normal high schooler,is he in school?He looks mature but also happy go lucky.
 
"Then at least let me take you home." Eru said snapping me out of my thoughts. "Are you sure you don't want no breakfast?I can whip you up something real quick!" Eru asked looking at me so hopefully,for some odd reason. "No no,I shouldn't over do my stay" I responded. "Okay just let me go get dressed" Eru sprinted into the room he came from,door still wide open like the next room over,popped right back out and started sprinting to me but as he passed the second room he took a double look "Hmm,Rebeckah is up already?this early?I'll ask later" i heard him say to himself.
 
I stood there feeling the horrible guilt and pity for him.Once we were outside Eru said "Reena,you should really keep my jacket for now since it's cold and you can return it until our next encounter!" I was thinking but accidentally said out loud "You think we'll me again?" he looked at me and did a half crooked smile "Of course we will,that's the best part about living,helping people in need and making friends,unless you don't.." he trailed off.So i responded right away "Yeah,i completely agree,I live near by too so i might drop by for some visits!" As i said this i thought cool,so he's gonna drive me home,i wonder what type of car he has-Eru interrupted "We should start walking now,might be along ways to your home."
 
He has no car?Can he drive?Well we walked alright and slow too,well he did so i did to keep with his pace,i wonder why he walked like that though,to keep prolonging our stay together?Or am i over thinking?


© 2011 HoneyHoneyMomo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well I feel bad for Eru, but at least Rebekah will tell him. And Jake, he's a jerk for doing that to his brother. I like the plot!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 24, 2010
Last Updated on June 4, 2011
Previous Versions


Author

HoneyHoneyMomo
HoneyHoneyMomo

noneyourbuisness, AK



About
I'm married to an Airforce man and I'm currently still in California and he is in Anchorage,Alaska! I'm a daydreamer and freelance writer,most of my dreams or daydreams are where my stories come from.. more..

Writing
Reference Reference

A Chapter by HoneyHoneyMomo