Torture

Torture

A Chapter by Hope Rose

Rose hit the floor with a gasp, pain shooting through her body. Her captors weren't human, but what were they? Whatever their species, they knew what to use to cause her, a demon, pain beyond death. Her whole body ached and she longed for Alex. Stop it... He's probably replaced you by now, and forgotten all about you and that child you were going to give him. Her breathing became labored as she struggled to keep from crying. She'd never felt this helpless since her Awakening, but now she wanted to just die. She'd lost her child to these a******s when they decided to start testing her healing speeds and stabbed her repeatedly. While she could handle it, her infant couldn't. She'd been soaked in blood and felt worse than hell when they finally brought her to this room, and would continue to do so every few hours until she broke and told them.
Alex, I'm so sorry. I wasn't strong enough to handle this... Her thoughts jumbled together, and she was thinking of killing herself when she heard talking in the hall. "They don't think she's the one. We'll have to drop her back off where we took her from and hopefully she'll bleed to death before anyone finds her." Someone said, and another laughed. "Oh, no one will find her. She's a looker, sure, but I think even you could see how destroyed she was emotionally. No one would want someone like her." She curled up on the floor, not wanting to move. Two people came in and knocked her out, and she slipped into the peaceful blackness she'd craved for so long.

*****

"Nocomi... Nocomi! Come on, I know you can hear me. Open your eyes, please..." Alex's frantic voice shifted through hell and Rose opened her eyes, looking up into his eyes. "Oh, thank God... You have no idea how much blood was on the floor when I walked in. You should have called me, I would have come home immediately."
"Alex, what... What are you talking about...?" She managed, feeling lightheaded. She had no idea what he was talking about. Then she realized where she was and sighed, closing her eyes again. "I'm so sorry..."
"You shouldn't be sorry... You can't control when you go into labour. Our baby girl is healthy, you're not dead, and you finally woke up after three days. I thought you were gone." He sighed and rested his hand on her chest, much like she did him. "I'm so glad you're still here.."
"Alex... She's okay? You mean it?" She whispered, knowing that something wasn't right.
"Yes, she's just fine. I'll help you sit up, then go get her. I think she's been wanting to see you for three days now." He said, helping her and kissing her forehead before going to get the child that Rose thought she'd lost. He came back a few minutes later, carrying a bundle of blankets.
Rose held her arms out and Alex handed her the child. Her vision blurred as he sat beside her and carefully pulled her close. "Don't cry. You're here, alive, and get to hold one of the most precious things you could ever dream for." He whispered in her ear then kissed it softly. This is real.. I'm actually holding one of three things I wanted more than anything when I was a human. She kissed the young one's head, and the infant opened her eyes to reveal light blue irises.
"She's perfect... She looks like she'll have red hair like what yours used to be, Rose."
"She's more beautiful than I could ever be. She looks more like you than me, and her eyes are just like yours were, only much brighter." She nuzzled her daughter, still unable to truly believe this was real. "I'm so glad she's here... I thought I'd lost her so many times and I felt so bad about it, but to see she's alive makes me happy. She's our little miracle, huh?"
"She's more than that. She's our priceless diamond. I have never heard of any children being born looking human but being a demon. She's unique, just like a diamond." Alex said, looking at the love of his life and feeling glad that he had come home when he did or else he may have lost not just his daughter, but also the only girl he wanted to be with and was going to prove it if it killed him.
"Alex, what about her name? We never decided on one..."
"Her name is Winter. I had to make a choice, and thought you'd like it."
"It's beautiful... It also suits her perfectly, love." She smiled softly, laying her head on his shoulder. She may have been bruised and hurting badly, but to know her baby was safe and sound made all her suffering worth it.
"Rose, how did you get that scar on your stomach? It wasn't there when I left.." His eyes widened. "Don't tell me-"
"No no no. Alex, someone kidnapped me for three days. They must have been testing my healing speeds, because they stabbed me. With all the blood, I thought they..." She trailed off, staring out the window in thought. What if they weren't aiming for Winter to kill her, but to see if my body could heal her as well as myself? Could I possibly use that to keep her safe?
"Hun, snap out of it. You're spacing out again, and Winter's trying to get your attention." Alex's soft voice snapped her out of her reverie and


© 2016 Hope Rose


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on August 22, 2016
Last Updated on August 23, 2016


Author

Hope Rose
Hope Rose

Germany



About
I just love how some people can be... They think that if their best friend has something then they have to. It's so funny :3 If you need someone to talk to for any reason just send me a message on .. more..

Writing