Wolf Aspirant (1)

Wolf Aspirant (1)

A Chapter by Magnus
"

The beginning of Asmund

"
At once, his eyes were open. He knew he would begin his trials in the following hours, yet for all the strength he would need he could not rest. He was Asmund Longfang of the world Fenris. The daunting trials he would face would overwhelm all but the most powerful of men, it challenged every aspect of a human. From the cunning to survive and even thrive in the arctic temperatures to strength by besting the wild Fenrisian wolves that are known across the planet. His goal was to become a Space Wolf Astarte, a Space Marine that was by his own right one of the most loyal and powerful of any chapter, this task would no be the only however, he would have much more agonizing trials ahead of him. The rest of the short night was passed by the restlessly young aspirant. As the day was brought up the agonizing start of genetic augmentation began, with all of the various changes to anatomy and bone strength with muscles completed, he was dumped straight into a frozen plain and he had to return by his own power, lest he be one of those failed aspirants who becomes claimed by the unforgiving nature of Fenris. As he fell he felt the absolutely painful start of frostbite, however against this pain he stood up and began lumbering his way towards The Fang, the highest mountain in all of Fenris that was home to the Space Wolves Fortress. He realized at the weakness his body had from the augmentations and the trauma they caused to his entire body.His first night alone he managed to gather some timber and maintain a fearfully small fire, but it held through the night and allowed him to maintain a negligible barrier against the cold. The second day he was forced down and mountain pass at the howl of a Blackmane wolf, a larger and more dominant Fenrisian wolf. By the end of the solar week, he drew nearer to the Fang but he was unsure of his readiness and this unknowingly slowed him drastically. By the 7th dawn the Blackmane wolf was upon him, Asmund being more able since is body adjusted to the augmentations and them making him super-human, fought the wolf and manged to kill it by using a rock to impale it on. As another part of this he skinned the great wolf and donned its hide for warmth. Upon his arrival to the Fang he was greeted most heartily, as most have never slain a Blackmane wolf, let alone view one. He was returned triumphant. As the last most dangerous trial of the aspirant test, the imbibing of the Canis Helix, the great genetic offset from every other space marine that links them to their Primarch, their originator, Leman Russ. This would give the Space wolf the tenacity of Leman Russ and the loyalty of a true hero of the Emperor. This along with the ability to survive the harsh environments of any planet due to heightened senses, while making him more wolf like and aggressive.
Asmund successfully imbibed the Canis Helix, leaving him much more powerful. He is then welcomed into the chapter as a Wolf Initiate, after which he has his previous life erased from his mind so that he can truly serve the Emperor and his chapter.The Emperor was the saviour of humankind who first created the Primarchs and the space marines to help protect humanity from the xenos. Asmund was a new Astarte but is still going to continue under the guide of a brother captain until he proves himself in combat and through time, this is to show martial prowess and the time to learn the Codex of engagement and formation. The Codex is the guide for all chapters in almost every manner to deal with enemy forces, organization, troop formations, and information on almost all enemy xenos. With the mastery of the Codex one can use its information to maintain strategic advantage in most situations. As Asmund stayed in his company he grew to a standard Wolf. He was skilled, like many of his fellow Astartes, with any type of melee combat weapons. He specialized with the Power Axe, a weapon that was a powerful weapon in its own right but with the augmented powerful disruption field which allows the weapon to wreak havoc upon all armored and unarmored foes. Asmund fought battle after gore filled battle. His first major trial however, was not just a battle of Martial ability, but a battle of his will, and his loyalty to the Emperor. This trial would stand to attest to his nature and the nature of his company.


© 2016 Magnus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on February 21, 2016
Last Updated on March 13, 2016
Tags: Warhammer 40k


Author

Magnus
Magnus

About
Its alright. more..

Writing
Loss Loss

A Poem by Magnus


Revolt (2) Revolt (2)

A Chapter by Magnus