Revolt (2)

Revolt (2)

A Chapter by Magnus
"

Trouble is brewing

"
Asmund was on system patrol with his company of Space Wolves on the Howl of Russ Battle barge along with the rest of their company fleet. They were patrolling the system as part of a routine sweep to guarantee order was maintained and no seeds of dissent were sown within the system. The communications of the fleet was abruptly overwhelmed with reports of a planetwide revolt of the planet Ragnarok. The company immediately went into high alert, as just a solar week prior the planet had no signs of discontent. This created suspicion amongst the command structure including the company commander suspicion which lead to the whole company's involvement in that system's affairs, the commander, Frord, prepped the heavy assault squads to lead in the planetfall in the case of Xenos influences. Brother-Captain Brynjar prepped his assault terminators to seize the Governors palace and set up evac routes if possible.
What happened when the Wolves arrived turned their blood to ice. The planet looked ravaged but absolutely calm, as if no one knew a war had happened. As Bryjnar teleported in with his squad they realized something was terribly amiss. The Governors Palace had stormtroopers surrounding it yet it was as if they were not visible to the others. As Asmund and his squad landed they were surrounded by the PDF, expecting betrayal they drew their Bolter, but immediately the commander of the PDF ran from the ranks and told of the hostile takeover. In the Imperial Palace Brynjar commanded the governor to tell him what happened.The Governor suddenly drew a Combi-bolter and shot the terminator to Brynjar's right and as this happened the stormtroopers stormed the room. The Fleet was unable to render any aid as the orbital defence grids were activated and cleaved through many ships as their void shields were not active. Brynjar, as the most senior officer on the ground called for a rally in the Capital City as he clove through the various Stormtroopers. The Governor was then thrown from the top of the Palace where the Space Wolves declared their Dominion to be brought full force. This lead to the Assault squads and the PDF to start the march to the city, and secure it as best they could until the problem could be figured out. The city's populace was horrifically slain in what appeared to be random acts of murder but when seen from a larger scope revealed a very grim warning. Chaos.

Things were going to get worse before they got better


© 2016 Magnus


Author's Note

Magnus
2nd part, may have odd spelling (not intended to be taken with the current lore of times, places, or events of the W40k universe unless otherwise denoted)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on March 14, 2016
Last Updated on March 19, 2016
Tags: Warhammer 40k


Author

Magnus
Magnus

About
Its alright. more..

Writing
Loss Loss

A Poem by Magnus


Wolf Aspirant (1) Wolf Aspirant (1)

A Chapter by Magnus