Chapter 2. Storms Brew and Love  Grows

Chapter 2. Storms Brew and Love Grows

A Chapter by Howling_Wolf


Several years had gone bye, and my training was going well. I got up early in the morning to help water the plants in the garden. Ever morning, this boy would go horseback riding. I didn't know who he was, but I assumed he was the son of the servants or maybe one of the guard's kids. We had never spoken to one another, but when the sunlight hit him just the right way my heart started to flutter. I didn't know what it could be ; I decided to consult the books to see if there was a cure for what ailed me. I looked and didn't find anything; I hoped it would go away on its own.

On a warm summer day, Mr. Fairday announced  he had some business to take care of in the far away village, and  he was  leaving  me in charge. Mr. Fairday had prepared a list of chores  for me to do and literature to read. Things were going smoothly, but   on the third day, a horrible storm came out of nowhere. There was the sound of a spooked horse, but there was no one riding the stallion. He must've fallen off when the horse spooked. The storm was severe, but he was a resident  of the castle and he needed help. I grabbed one of Mr. Fairday flying brooms ,and took to the sky. However, I didn't really know how to fly it well; Mr Fairday  was going to revisit that lesson when he got back. I flew into the storm to rescue someone I had never talked to. Luck was on my side because I found him fairly easily, but my luck was quickly taken away when a bolt of lightning struck right in front of me. I avoided it, but crashed landed, hard. I found the boy, and used what healing magic I knew to heal his wounds. He would survive, but my only way back to the castle was destroyed in the crash. I carried him on my back in the storm back to the castle; by the time we reached  the castle the storm was dissipating. Everyone was outside: the guards, gardener's, cooks, maids, and even the Queen & King. I was flattered that they were worried about me, but they were more interested in the boy. I found out that day that the boy was the King's oldest son, Matthew. I told the King that with some dry clothes, a good night's rest, and some hot food from the cook , and he would be just fine.

The next day, Matthew was at my door, and wanted to personally thank me for rescuing him.

"They said, I would had died of exposure if it wasn't for you."

I made some tea , and we talked for what seemed like a hours. After awhile, he returned to the castle, and I returned to my studies. The strange thing was there was that heart fluttering again.' I have to remember to ask Mr Fairday about it when he returns.' Every once in a while, he would come over to the tower, and we would talk. Of course where I came from I didn't have much of a past to tell, and neither did he. He spent most of his life in the castle.

"Only when I'm horseback riding do I  truly feel free and alive. The wind flowing through my hair, the smell of cut hay and honeysuckle in the air; the freedom of just being me and not the kings son," he said, eyes far off and soft.

Every time he would came over I was happy, and my heart would skip a beat. My skin felt like it was on fire when we would brush up against one another. When Mr Fairday returned, I told him what had transpired while he was away.

He smiled and said,"What you are experiencing is love. Where you came from you never truly experience it before. Love is the most powerful magic of all. It comes in many different shapes and sizes. And what you are experiencing is true love or love at first sight the most powerful love of all."

I didn't tell him who I fell in love with, but he looked so proud. I tried to avoid Matthew for a while, but when I did my heart would hurt and I would feel cold. I was in love with him, but it could never work out. One morning, I needed to remind Mr Fairday about teaching me how to properly fly a broom. I tried waking him up, but he wouldn't wake up. His skin was cold, and I didn't know what death looked liked. I called for help, but he had been gone a long time. He had everything prepared in case he passed away; he even knew where he was going to be buried. It was this place that the ground wasn't fertile ,and no animals was around. When he was put in the ground the land was filled with his magic. The grass turned from dark brown into vibrant green. The land was fertile because it has Mr Fairday love and heart in its soil.

After the burial the King told me," that you are now my new Mage. Prove to me that he was right about you."

That night, I was crying my eyes out, and Matthew decided to come over to check on me. I just fell to pieces, and cried in his arms. I blurted out my feelings for him, and he just held me even tighter then before.

It had been several years since that night, and I grew up into a fine man. I'm about 19 now, and I'm a proper Mage now. Mr Fairday was right; I did have great magic in me. Also since that night my bonds with Matthew had grown much stronger. We often would talk, and he had spent the night in the Mage's tower. He told me much later that he had feelings for me too; ever since the day I rescued him. My name as a Mage had great weight in the community, I often returned to the village where I was born to help them out. Matthew and I had this crazy idea to run away from the castle.

He said that," it would give his two younger brothers a chance for the throne."

I thought he was crazy, but then again that's what love is. One night he came over for supper at my place, and one of the new guards followed him. We talked over some delicious food I had made, and he kissed me. When it happened their was a noise outside the building; it was the new guard scurrying away. We weren't sure if he heard or seen anything; let's just say neither one of us slept good that night.

When I woke up nothing had changed, and the next day, and day after that. A week had pasted since the accident, and  I was given a task to help a small village with a break out of a mysterious illness. I traveled to the small village to perform my duty as the Mage of this country. I thought "maybe a change of scenery would raise my spirits" .It took no time to find the source of the problem, and fixed the damage that it had afflicted the people in the village. When I returned to the castle; I wasn't welcomed with open arms. Their was a powerful barrier resurrected around the castle and the grounds. On top of the castle walls, I heard voices, and soon enough they were firing cannons balls at me. One of those voices was the King's.

He said, "you are official banished from this land; I called a allie of mine to resurrect this great barrier to keep you out. Also that same Mage has taken away my son, and hid him as well so you will never find him. In respect to Mr Fairday memories; I will not kill you. However, if you ever return my guards will do everything possible to stop you."


© 2017 Howling_Wolf


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Tragic love story I hope it works out for them...

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
1 Review
Added on August 5, 2016
Last Updated on July 4, 2017
Tags: Gay & Lesbian, Teen & Young Adult, Magic, True Love, Tragedy


Author

Howling_Wolf
Howling_Wolf

VA



About
My name is Dylan, and I'm trying to be writer. I like to write about anything that my mind makes up, mostly Fantasy based stories. I hope to grow as a writer here, and possible make friends as well. .. more..

Writing