Chapter 3. Lost

Chapter 3. Lost

A Chapter by Howling_Wolf

Just like that everything was taken away from me: my home, my friend's, my life, and even my love. I was angry. I spent the next few days trying to figure out what can I do. Most of my books are in the castle, and suddenly I partially remember reading something in one of Mr. Fairday books. It was about a mysterious realm where it was filled with great magic. Their was something important about it, but I forget. I needed to go there it will quiet and secluded; a great place to plan my revenge. I said the incantations, and gathered the supplies to enter the realm. It was breathtaking, it always seemed to be at Twilight time. I spend the next few months exploring this amazing place, gathering supplies, finding old parchment and long lost literatures  about magic.

In time, I became stronger, and I learned the way to break the barriers and find Matthew. Those past few months were horrible; I could barely remember your beautiful blue eye that were more brilliant then fine sapphires. I may have even found a spell that could allow us to bear a child. I left the realm with a goal in mind; telling the King off and finding my love.

When I left the realm the forest was different; it seemed to be much thicker and taller then I remembered. No matter, I flew on my broom to the castle, and I couldn't believe my eyes. It was destroyed. The walls were crushed, the wood was burned, and the gardens were overgrown. The barrier was still up; I destroyed it with easy. I walked in to see what had happened. There appeared to be signs of a great battle, and the castle lost. I needed to find out what had happened, I flew to the nearby village to ask some questions. The village had grown and changed as well. I talked to someone in town, I convinced him that I was a traveler, and was curious about what had happened to the castle.

He said, "around the time the King banished his Mage, for who knows what reason, the allies that helped him removed the Mage attacked the castle. With no Mage the Royal family was killed; the only surviver was the King's oldest son Matthew who was safely hiding away. That was over 55 years ago. "

"Wait a minute, that can't be true! "Then suddenly I remember what else the book talked about the Twilight realm. It is a beautiful place where magic is overflowing, but it is a place not to say for long periods of time. I finally figured out why it was always Twilight. Time moves very differently then in this realm, it felt like a few months in the Twilight realm, but over 55 years in this world. Matthew could be died for all I know. I needed to know.

I used the spell that I learned to find him; it took five days and five night on broom to find him. In a kingdom far, far away. I asked the villager in a nearby town for information.

She said, "after Prince Matthew had arrived he was married to the princess of this land and bore many children. He led the people in this area to peace and prosperity. However the past few months, he had been severely ill. He now reside in that tall tower ;who knows how much longer he has."

I needed to see for myself what was going on. Maybe this was a dream, or maybe it's the wrong Matthew. On my broom I flew into the tower under the cover of night to see the so called King Matthew. I went into the room to find a old man asleep in his bed, I wasn't sure if it was him. Then he woke up, and I saw his eyes the color of fine sapphires. He called my name, And I was for sure it was him.

He thought I was a angel because he was told I was killed by his father. I couldn't tell him the truth; that I was really there and haven't aged a day in 55 years, so I lied through my teeth.

I told him," that you have been on my mind for a very long time, and I'm so happy to see you again.

He said," after I was told that you were killed, I thought I had died too. I married the princess of this place, and raised our kid. However I loved those kid, but you were the only person that I have truly been in love with.'

I had to hold back my tears because the illusions would be gone. I decided to tell him the shoulda, coulda, woulda.

I told him, that we would had runway from the castle, and found ourselves a little house all to ourselves. He would grow food in our gardens, and I would sell my services and make potions and elixir. That I found a spell so we could have children together, and we would raise our two lovely daughters in that house together. That we would love raising our children together in that house, and teach them what we knew. I would teach them about magic, literature, and cooking; while you would teach them about gardening, horseback riding, and fencing. I told him that I looked forward to growing old with you.

"I'm sorry that I couldn't be there for you."

"We have now and our memories. At least we can make up for the time we lost together in Heaven."

I was on the verge of tears. I needed to keep lying.

"Only when your ready to leave this world."

"I have been ready for a long time."

I told him to close his eye, and I kissed him. I stayed by his side holding his hand; until he was gone. I made enough noise to alert the guards. I flew out the window, and the guards discover that he had passed away. They said that he had died with tears running down his face, and a smile on his face. I stayed in town to see where he was buried. After the service was over; I brought some blue tulips to place on the gravestone, his favorite flower. I finally shed the many tears I had. To think I had finally found you after all this time; only to lose you in that way. After I finish crying and said goodbye to him; I decided to go back to the Twilight realm, and continue to grow and learn about who I can become. I have outgrown this place.

I sometimes leave the Twilight realm to gather some supplies every once in awhile. Each time I see a new and breathtaking place. The castle was completely torn down a long time ago. The place where Mr. Fairday was buried is a National Park now. The village I grew up in expanded it border and became a city. And finally my Matthew is a important person in the history books. His grave has been untouched and preserved, and no one is aloud to visit him. Their is a ghost story about a hooded figure that visits the grave and leaves blue tulips on the grave, and has never been caught. People assume it's the ghost of the King's wife, but in reality it is me.

        The End.



© 2016 Howling_Wolf


Author's Note

Howling_Wolf
Honest opinion; what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on August 5, 2016
Last Updated on August 5, 2016
Tags: Gay & Lesbian, Teen & Young Adult, Magic, True Love, Tragedy


Author

Howling_Wolf
Howling_Wolf

VA



About
My name is Dylan, and I'm trying to be writer. I like to write about anything that my mind makes up, mostly Fantasy based stories. I hope to grow as a writer here, and possible make friends as well. .. more..

Writing