Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by lindsay

*
 

"Bandable"

Copyright ©2012 Lindsay M.

All Rights Reserved.


 

*

 
 

 PROLOGUE:

 


    I love walking past houses this time of year. During the holidays. There's snow on the ground and the faint sound of Christmas carols. If your lucky you might even catch a glimpse of someone's Christmas tree and lights all hung up in their house, and even though its just a moment, one simple moment, it's more of a home than a house, and the world is a little less dull.

    And it was that exact moment which changed my life forever. For the better. However, I didn't know that at the time. Back then, I have to admit I was frightened, cold, a more then a little in love.

    My name is Abilene. I'm preferably called Abi by anyone who knows me. Only ever Abilene when I'm being scolded by my parents. Which is quite often when your a moody fifteen year old girl. And fifteen is exactly where my story starts.

    It was late on a Friday night and I was walking down the quiet streets of Wolverhampton, West Midlands, England on my way home from piano practice. There was a few inches of snow on the ground, and more falling from the sky with each step I took.

    My parents had insisted on coming to pick me up, but I told them that I was fifteen now. I could walk a few blocks home on my own. But I didn't anticipate so much snow. Or that it would be so cold out.

    Tugging my blue knit hat tighter down on my dark hair and my black woolen jacket tighter around my body I urged myself too keep moving. To let the twinkling Christmas lights lead me home. Just a few more blocks and I would be warm inside with my mum, dad, and older brother Rob sipping hot chocolate and eating one of my mums delicious home cooked meals. 

    There was more snow on the ground then the weatherman called for. A lot more. I wasn't use to so much snow or walking home at such a dark hour. Which is probably why I hadn't noticed that the side walk suddenly ended right where the road began.

    I only noticed when the bright headlights of a vehicle were mere feet in front of my stunned body. When it was too late for me to do anything but scream. And boy did I scream.

    But just as the scream left my lips, I felt something hit my side hard and send me flying through the air to the other side of the street. I only knew I was still alive because of the pain I felt racing through my body.

    I could barely breath and there was a fiery pain burning up my right side from the contact with the hard, cold ground. But I was alive. And lucky to be.

    I barely registered the honking of the cars horn or the sound of it swerving to try to avoid me, when clearly it was too late. I was momentarily blinded by the brightness of the head lights, but as soon as my vision cleared, I had to double take because I couldn't believe my eyes.

    It wasn't something that hit me. It was someone that saved me. A very cute someone. And he was laying over top of me, looking down into my sea colored eyes. His dusty brown hair was shaggy and swept to the side out of the way of his brown eyes. The only defining thing about this boy besides the fact that he saved my life, was that he had a strange birthmark on his neck.

    "Are you alright?"

    I stared up at the boy, uncomprehending for a moment. Then I blinked and forced myself to speak. He had an English accent like me, so I suppose he must be from around here too. "I think so." I tell him.

    A boyish grin appears on his face before he gets up and stands straight, offering me a hand to help me up. I hesitate before accepting his help. That's when I realize just how hurt I am.

    The ice beneath us has cut a small gash on my gloveless left hand and I've hurt my ankle. Probably sprained it. There's also a large goose egg on my head that's getting larger by the minute.

    "What are you doing out here alone?" He asks, studying me intently.

    I shrug. "Walking home. What are you doing out here alone?" I retort, biting nervously on my lip.

    "Running. I like to run."

    This makes me laugh.

    "Your arm. It's bleeding." He says, reaching down and grabbing hold of my small, delicate hand in his warm large one. 

    I can hardly believe he's so warm though, because he's barely got clothes on. Just a long sleeved shirt, a pair of sweats and a hat.

    "It's just a small cut. I'll be fine." I insist, trying to ignore the warm his hand is igniting in me. The way his hand holding mine is making my heart race.

    "I'm sorry." His lips turn down in a frown as he gives me a sincere look. "I should have been faster. I just barely saw you before it all happened."

    I shake my head in protest. "No. Thank you. If you hadn't done what you did I'd be dead right now. You saved my life." I tell him, hoping to god that the darkness of the street is hiding the blush on my cheeks.

    He still doesn't look convinced, but he doesn't press the matter any further. "Well I'm glad your not dead. I'm Liam, by the way." He says, his eyes crinkling as he smiles.

    "I'm Abi." I reply shakily, offering him my best smile.

    "Well Abi, would you mind if I walked you home?" He asks, his big brown eyes staring into the depths of mine. At that moment I feel as though he can see into my soul. It makes me feel vulnerable, but deliciously alive. Nobody has ever looked at me like that before in the fifteen years I've been alive.

    "I... I can manage, thank you." I decline, forcing myself to think straight. I didn't know a thing about him. It was dangerous to let strange people know where you lived. My parents would be livid if they found out. Never mind my overprotective big brother.

    A strange look crossed his face, something between disappointment and understanding, before he nods. "Okay. Stranger danger and all that I suppose. But how will I see you again?"

    His question catches me by surprise. Just the thought of seeing him again makes my heart beat the tiniest bit faster. It was the first time I've ever gotten butterflies.

    "I'm sure we'll meet again someday." I promise. "Just think of me whenever you see a snowflake."

    His brow wrinkles in confusion. "A snow flake?"

    I smile and nod, looking up towards the sky that was still crying snow flakes. "Yes. When you see a snow flake think of tonight. Of me. The girl you saved."

    "That's a lovely but odd thing to say. It reminds me of this necklace I found in the dirt when I first started running. Here, look," He says before reaching down into the pocket of his sweats and pulling out a sparkling silver necklace with an delicate little snowflake charm on the end of it.

    "It's beautiful." I tell him, and when our eyes meet, the moment couldn't be more perfect. For a second I think he might kiss me. But that would be cliche. Instead, he surprises me by unhooking the necklace and placing it gently around my neck.

    I take a moment to watch the sparkling snow flake dangle from my neck before looking back up at him.

    "I'll remember you when it snows and you can remember me by this." He tells me with a smile.

    I bite my lip nervously. "Are you sure I can have it?"

    He nods, reaching over and pulling my hat down a little tighter on my head to keep me warm. I smile in his direction and suddenly the world does seem a little less dull. And not because of a few twinkling lights.

    "Goodbye, Liam." I whisper so quietly the words are barely audible.

    I'm surprised by the warmth that invades the skin on my cheek. For a moment I don't know what's happening but then I realize he's kissed me after all.

    A kiss on the cheek.

    "Merry Christmas, Abi."

    And then he was gone. The walk home was a cold one. But I didn't feel it. It was short and quick, just like my surprise run in with Liam. As soon as I got in the door my mum rushed over to me, worry written all over her face.
   
    "Abilene! Your home. Where have you been? Oh my goodness, what happened to your arm? And your head?" My mums hysterics attract the attention of both my father and brother in no time and soon my winter layers are being removed and my mum who is also a nurse is tending to the bump on my head and the cut on my hand.

    Everyone is asking me questions, but I don't have any answers. How can I possibly tell them what happened?

    All I can think is he saved me. And I'll probably never see him again.

    Merry Christmas, Liam.


*

 


© 2012 lindsay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh, I love it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


First chapter set the story...I will read on.......

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 10, 2012
Last Updated on December 10, 2012
Tags: one direction, liam payne, love, romance, fan fiction


Author

lindsay
lindsay

Canada



About
Hsmiles❤ keep smiling because lifᦆ.. more..

Writing
Chapter one Chapter one

A Chapter by lindsay