Sigul

Sigul

A Chapter by Idyllwyld
"

Also a roleplay post set in The Dance of Eternity. A hacker has been poking in all the wrong places, and found something he should not have.

"

The fingers tapped into the keyboard with a speed anxiety could only bring. Dripping sweat fell into the spaces between each letter button, making the surface slick. Nervous fingertips pounded the Backspace key, working to quickly correct the mistakes made as the words appeared hurriedly on the screen.

W H O _ A R E _ Y O U ?

His crouched form, inwards towards the slim display, heaved with every breath as the response appeared back, letter by letter, before he even typed in the question mark to his inquiry.



C O M E _ S H O W _ M E _ Y O U R _ B A N N E R


C O M E _ S H O W _ M E _ Y O U R _ S I G N


I _ A M _ Y O U R _ M A S T E R


I _ W I L L _ M A K E _ Y O U R _ D R E A M S _ C O M E _ T R U E


I _ A M _ Y O U R _ M E S S I A H


A _ T W I S T E D _ O N E _ A S _ Y O U _ M A Y _ K N OW



He squeaked and lunged forward, one stubby sausage finger squeezing the master power button to his tower. Inside his chest his heart and lungs heaved and twitched, uncontrollably pounding and threatening to shatter his rib cage. One flabby hand, covered in the sharp tang of salty fluid, wetly slapped against the desk surface, achingly hunting for his inhaler.

And yet, even as the monitor dimmed, its final words blinked forth from the LCD screen.

R E V E A L _ T H A T _ Y O U _ A R E _ M I N E

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

Play with fire, you get burned.

Play with truth...

Somebody had been poking around, searching, scrying.

It was not for the act of breaking such confidence that retribution had been warranted. Today, if one was not hiding information, one was cracking it. Nay, the sin had not been there.

The transgression had been in stroking that which was better left forgotten. Better left to its own devices. The world moved according to its own clockwork precision, perfectly controlled chaos.

Tamper not with the oceans, for the crest breaks of its own accord. And if the crest does not break, then the world drowns.

The knowledge that you seek just may reveal,
That things are not what they may seem.
You must learn to believe...
That mankind's blind and trying to see
The architects have left us many signs,
But the answers lie in death.



© 2008 Idyllwyld


Author's Note

Idyllwyld
Lyrics credits to "Crimson King" and "Spatial Architects," by Demons and Wizards.

They are the Nine Ball.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on February 13, 2008


Author

Idyllwyld
Idyllwyld

Mission Hills, CA



About
Hrmmm. I could get back to this...but perhaps I won't? And this little box of a biography might be all you could possible gleam to know about me, if you're even reading this. Or even reading this to k.. more..

Writing