Hate.

Hate.

A Chapter by Pretty. Odd.

A small country girl in a big city. 
Chapter two. 
 
I woke up in my new bed and new house. I slept through the whole tour! I frowned, there was always tomorrow. My belongings were packed in my closet and drawers neatly. I blinked, my bedroom was big, too big. I liked it anyways, and especially my new t.v. Honestly, I never even had a t.v. My dad had the small ones, but a day our electric went out and my dad had to start paying it off, the t.v. just had to go. 
I looked around the house some more and smiled. Boy, was I being pampered? The house from the outside made it look like a mansion and it was pretty. Who ever owned it first, did I fantastic job! The house was a soft yellow and brown, the grass was bright and in the front was a garden. 
"Deliah!" My ma shouted. 
"Coming." I cried. It was dinner, pizza and a juice box for me and a beer for my dad. I don't why I drank juice boxes, but they were delious and usually, they were not expensive in my town. 
"So, what do you think?" My father asked during a commerial. 
"Well, its very beautiful.." My mom said, pleased. 
"How about you? What do you think about the house and school?" 
I smiled, school,"I can't wait.. I'm very anxious, though.. I don't think they would like a girl that never been to the city. Plus, I really don't know about the house.. Were being pampered, too expensive..but its nice. I love it." I told them. 
 
After dinner I took a hot shower. I didn't know if cold would be better 'cause that's all I would take. I smiled, the hot water on my body was relaxing. I jumped out and dried off putting the silky clothes on my rough skin. The silk tickled me silly. It was only eight, but I was tired. I yawned and put on the T.v, and soon fell asleep during commerials. I was dying just to wake up and go to school. 
 
It was the day. I felt like I was going to a beauty pagent and was being judged by the best. I put on a Notre Dame shirt and some jeans without the overalls. I needed to know if I was in style or not. I grinned in the mirror and grabbed my stuff heading downstairs. It was only 6:15 a.m. But with my ma and Pa working now, I would have to walk just about 7 miles. The cool air touched my skin, I once again smiled. What would the kids think? I asked myself. 
I stopped in my tracks, I was facing Maple Wood high, there was no maple wood anywhere and I don't know why I thought there would be. People glanced at me and stared. 
"Noobie!" Some Jock shouted. I was confused, so I simply said, 
"Hey, whats your name?" He laughed. 
"Your mom." The boy replied. Funny name. The bell rang at seven fifteen. I walked into the office and the lady gave me my schedule. 
"Ms. Seed, take a seat.." My homeroom teacher, Mr. Gawk said. I didn't reply, after being in the courtyard, not fitting in and all, I was scared to death. Everyone stared and everyone whispered, pointed and giggled. 
"Its not nice to point, you know." A kid said in the back. I didn't see his face, but I guess whoever said it didn't talk much because he was different and weird too. The bell rang once again, I made my way to Language Arts first and my teacher, Mrs. Tellepethe picked on me to read. I never read before. She stared at me,"Problem Ms. Seed?" 
"Yes ma'am." I replied. 
"What is that?" 
"I.. Can't read." I was never educated, only once and that was by my mom. She taught me at a college level, but the problem was, I wasn't the shinest apple on the tree. No one could teach me how to read, not even my teacher. 
"I knew it, the first time I saw her, I saw right through her." A girl said. 
"Brainless." Someone muttered. I sighed, I could almost cry. 
"Sh! Why do we come to class? To learn. Just because your part of the head cheerleader, doesn't mean you have to be me, the teacher." Ms. Tellepethe snarled," And, Riley, for that.. Homework. A one hundred fifty three word essay, you too Josh." The blonde haired girl growled and dug her nails in the chair. She stared at me. I looked away but nothing changed. At the end of class, Riley came up to me. 
"No one gets in my way. You can just go back to Mars, okay? You'll never fit in." She snapped. 
"I'm sorry Riley.. But I can't. I know, I'll never fit in, and at once, you probably didn't either, its okay." I told her. I walked away to lunch and Riley sat with her cheer friends. I was alone, except for this girl named Emily. She had dark hair and wore black. Her body was full of it and she was new too. 
I stood up, eyes on me and sat across from her,"I'm Deliah." 
"I know, everyone pretty much here does. They know, I know, the earth does." She said. 
"Yeah, I noticed. Where you from?" I asked. 
"Idiana, but I prefer Chicago." Emily replied. 
I nodded, she went on,"Don't talk to me, okay? Make friends with someone else.. I've been here for a day and I've gotten no where. Another thing, Riley.. The girl that hates you and told you off, has the power to control everyone. She hates people like me, so she doesn't control me. Third, your not as dumb as the blondes.. Or fake, so your okay. Bye." 
I took the advice. I even took notes on the rumors and how people were. When I got home, I cried. I had gotten no where, too. The teachers and students hated me. A big city knew me before I could even meet people. 
"Whats wrong?" My mother asked when I came home. 
I told her everything and she nodded, shushing my cries and everything. I stopped my sobbing and my mom just replied,"Lets go shopping.. Okay?" I took my notes and everything. I was totally turned into a girly girl by the end of the day. I wore ambercrombie and holister, make up and died my hair to a dirty blonde. My dad was flabbergasted but happy. I liked the new me, but it didnt change anything yet. I was still the country girl that everyone hated. 
 



© 2009 Pretty. Odd.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on February 12, 2009


Author

Pretty. Odd.
Pretty. Odd.

Naples



About
I'm a girl that is very young and loves to write stories. Everyone thinks I'm very weird, because usually I am. You'll see me screaming and in your face. I love to describe people and myself, making .. more..

Writing
Him. Him.

A Chapter by Pretty. Odd.


Confession. Confession.

A Chapter by Pretty. Odd.