The Impossible/ Time Fragment

The Impossible/ Time Fragment

A Story by Aink
"

A new flash fiction to move the story along! I will try to post two stories a month until the flash fiction series is over. Thanks!

"

Time Fragment 

She had known him since she had worked there. His name was Mellow. 

He knew her name. Her name was Isray, it was on her name tag.

Mellow and Isray never talked much. Mellow was okay; he was one of the most considerate and calm cooks. 

Mellow had talked to her a few times. Isray and Mellow talked small talk, said their goodbyes and hellos.

Mellow talked to Isray a lot but today was different. He had asked to talk to Isray alone.

They were out back and it was Isray who had to hold the business together. Isray needed to go back inside. 

Mellow pulled out a pink watch. 

Time seemed to slow.

He held it out towards her.

She remembered her first school book she had gotten.  The pages were worn and tattered.

She held out her wrist.

She remembered being kicked in the back of her leg by the man who was supposed to be her lover.

Mellow fixed the watch to her wrist. 

The watch had a pretty leather, pink strap.

She remembered walking in the park and stopping in a sunny spot. 

She told Mellow thank you and walked away.

She remembered leaving the city and going to where she could go.

She went back to work and said goodbye and hello to Mellow everyday.

It was always the same exchange goodbye and hello.

She remembered the pink watch.

She heard the customer yell at her. She had to stay two hours later to close by herself.

She remembered leaving the city.

She woke up and was the only person who arrived at work.

She remembered the pink watch.

Isray said her goodbyes and hellos.

Mellow looked at this tattered leather watch. It had a creak on the screen.

Isray remembers receiving the watch, a pretty watch, a pink watch with a leather strap. 

Mellow remembered looking into Isray`s bright green eyes. 

It was just a time fragment because time still had to move and finish its course until the clock struck an hour and then another hour and then . . .

© 2021 Aink


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on June 5, 2021
Last Updated on June 5, 2021

Author

Aink
Aink

Tremonton, UT



About
I have written stories since I was 12 years old. I don`t have the best grammar but I can write a decadent story. I enjoy writing novels. To me writing is breathing. more..

Writing
What Are We? What Are We?

A Poem by Aink