The Impossible/ What is Loved?

The Impossible/ What is Loved?

A Story by Aink
"

The saga continues! The story leaves us with more questions.

"

What is loved?

Isray often wondered what is loved? 

The roads on the highway are polished and the holes are covered once the road is worn down by weather and tires. 

But is the road loved? Truly loved.

No.The road is a means to be used to get where one is going.

Isray has a shiny ukulele that she would take everywhere and is played everyday.

Next to no dents and it is polished everyday. The strings are worn from the wear of playing. 

But is it loved?

Isray knows the answer. Yes but not in the way you would think.

The old movie theater has broken windows and broken lights. Old water damaged movie posters hang in displays. Yet the door handle remains polished, untarnished, as if it were untouched.

Is it loved.

Yes and no because it was once loved. 

The Late Noon Restaurant is damaged and neglected. 

Is it loved?

The people that dine there and the servers that talk with the people about life, the world ,happiness, and pain are loved.

When you look the cook in the eyes and hold back tears and he fixes all of the mistakes are you loved? 

It can be hard to tell if something or someone is love because either they are taken care of or damaged because of the love they are given. 

Isray knows one thing that love is something beautiful that shines like the sun or the stars. It can be found in the light and the dark.

© 2021 Aink


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on June 12, 2021
Last Updated on June 12, 2021

Author

Aink
Aink

Tremonton, UT



About
I have written stories since I was 12 years old. I don`t have the best grammar but I can write a decadent story. I enjoy writing novels. To me writing is breathing. more..

Writing
What Are We? What Are We?

A Poem by Aink