Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by InkAngelXIII

Tiber shuddered at the frozen cold breeze. He was so far from home, his beloved warm fire and bed. He had gotten a new fur skin just before he had to leave on this blasted mission. His company had been ordered to finally put and end to Vlad Tepes' reign of terror.

The chestnut stallion he was riding stumbled in a muddy puddle of rain water, and Tiber's heavy armor clinked together uncomfortably. Throwing out a curse, Velken righted his horse and hurried to catch up to the other soldiers.

The poor saps were terrified of facing the man. Or devil as some thought. Wild rumors of Vlad engulfed all of Romania. Rumors such as, he drank the blood of his victims, was immortal, and impossible to kill.

Tiber thought all of them weren't worth muddling over. Except maybe the first one, that was probably true. The impaler was a wack job indeed.

They could see the castle far off into the distance, but it was getting so very dark it was hard to make out.

Their leader signaled them to stop. "All right men, we'll camp here for the night then continue at the break of dawn!" He ordered some simple minded foot soldiers to set up tents and the captain's pavilion.

Their company was quite small for their mission. They only had about 300 men. Himself included. Tiber was worried, he had lied about his age when he joined up, not expecting to be sent on a potential suicide mission. He had told them he was 25 but he was really only 19.

He was a tall man, but slim, so it was hard to convince them. Luckily he did make it, but was having second thoughts about now.

Opening the flap of his burlap tent, he got himself ready to bed. Hoping to whatever gods may be listening that they survived their encounter with Vlad the impaler.

°•∞•°

No! He blocked a sword swing from an enemy fighter. Things weren't supposed to bethis way!

He ran the man through and turned away from the grisly sight. Vlad wasn't supposed to have such a large army amassed at his castle. His people were dying! He could do nothing about it. With fold resignation Tiber realized that none of them would make out alive to see their families once more.

Shedding a single crystal tear at accepting his fate, his eyes became cold and hard. If he was going to die then he was at least going to accomplish his task.

Furiously slaughtering all in his path, friend or foe, he no longer cared. All he cared for was killing Vlad Tepes.

Said count was deuling his captain. Vlad was nimble parrying and blocking the strokes with ease.

Tiber grabbed Vlad by the back of his neck and rammed his sword through the vampire's gut.

The soldier tanked his blade out and collapsed himself. He was dying from blood loss. A consequence for being so reckless to fight his murdered foe.

On that day, in the year of 1476 exactly between December 31st, and January 1st, Tiber Velarius died. A hero to his country, but his name.was stricken in shame of him being found out as having lied to get his position.

He was given a peasant's burial, not even being allowed the honor of a soldier's.


© 2013 InkAngelXIII


Author's Note

InkAngelXIII
Its short I know, but its just the prologue so it'll get longer.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice Vlad "The Wack Job" Impaler has a nice ring to it. like someone you would trust to babysit your kids.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your writing is so Good. Well Done! Keep Writing Friend!

Do u read mine 2 "Why?, Who is a Poet"

If possible then give your reviews..

Regards,
Lucky

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So good so far! I look forward to more! :D

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 9, 2013
Last Updated on May 9, 2013


Author

InkAngelXIII
InkAngelXIII

Ellendale, ND



About
I am Ink! I am all things good and nerdy, and not so good and devious! I like computers, games, and junk food. I dislike very few things actually. Except doing dishes. I hate dishes. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by InkAngelXIII