Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by InkAngelXIII
"

School is boring for all species.

"
"Hey, its him."

"Sh! He'll hear you!"

"I heard he's a gang member. Really dangerous."

"Oh yeah? I heard that he just got out of juvie."

"Either way we shouldn't go near him."

Dante scoffed at the girls' conversation. Let them think what they want, he didn't care. He trudged  over to his next class, algebra.

The redhead dropped his backpack in the seat next to him when he sat down. Stuffing earbuds into his head, he turned on some tunes before class started.

He hated algebra -excuse me- pre-algebra. His records got messed up, and somehow made it seem like he failed algebra.

Damn Shinigamis...

He'd spoken with the undertaker about it, but he laughed it off. Literally. That guy could not stop laughing even if you cut off one of his limbs. Dante was convinced the creepy man was bonkers.

Yanking out the buds right as the teacher walked saY,in, Dante lost all facial emotion. His goal was to coast through high school, go to college for a few years, then get a halfway decent job. Not very high stand..gards for his life.

He didn't need friends, he had few enemies, and the teachers tolerated him. Optimum situition for the redhead.

Dante waited while the teacher quietly took role. Students were still chatting, quite loudly he might add, and sitting on desks near their friends.

So naive.

"Oh come on! You know you want the D."

Dante twisted in his seat to look at the person who said that. A very attractive boy in gothic style clothes shrugged as some guy walked away awkwardly. He spotted Dante and flipped his black hair with a smirk.

"And how about you sexy? Want some?" He asked, shamelessly flirting.

Dante cracked a crooked smile. "Nah, not into dudes."

The boy pouted. "Too bad, I'm Prince by the way. Prince Escalus." He introduced himself with a flourish. "The sexy one not the Shakespeare one."

Dante nodded in greeting. "Dante Edwards."

Prince put his hands on his girlish hips. "Not very talkative are we?"

"'Suppose so." Dante shrugged noncommittally.

Prince was about to reply, but sauntered back to his seat when the teacher told him to sit down.

Dante payed little attention, mechanically copying notes from the board without much thought. During his idle musings, the redhead inconspicuously sized up his peers. Beyond Prince the only one note worthy was this one girl a few seats away from him. She was very pretty and graceful, to the point where he doubted she was even human.

Not soon enough the bell for lunch rang. It was only Monday, so they didn't have tutorial for any classes unless you had a zero period. Shuffling past crowded clumps of students, Dante pushed past his classmates.

"So what are you doing for lunch?" Prince asked as he linked his arm with Dante's.

Looking down at the much shorter person, Dante was quite tall after all, he noncommittally shrugged.

"Nothing in particular."

Prince grinned devilishly. "Perfect." He practically purred. "Then you can hang out with me and my friends."

Dante had a feeling it was going to be an interesting lunch.



© 2013 InkAngelXIII


Author's Note

InkAngelXIII
R&R

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Pretty good beginning:) Very different form

Posted 10 Years Ago


Chapter two?


Posted 10 Years Ago


InkAngelXIII

10 Years Ago

I'm working on it XD

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 27, 2013
Last Updated on May 12, 2013


Author

InkAngelXIII
InkAngelXIII

Ellendale, ND



About
I am Ink! I am all things good and nerdy, and not so good and devious! I like computers, games, and junk food. I dislike very few things actually. Except doing dishes. I hate dishes. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by InkAngelXIII