The Wind of Change

The Wind of Change

A Poem by Ink Angel
"

love to watch the wind blowing on its way

"

The Wind of change

She crept in as quiet as a whisper, rising up with the dawn, about to change the picture.  She rattles around in the old empty barn; gathering a ball of hay as she goes on her way.  Rising up to the rafters with all her force, the barns shakes down to its very core.  She’s calm now, she slowly takes a sigh.  Down she falls, hoisting up a small piece of yesterday’s newspaper, old news, spinning it, turning it upside down; it flaps against the wooden door and escapes out.

 

She slithers out now, like snake, onward bound, looming up then dipping down; she rides the rollercoaster of life.  Across the fields making an impression on all she touches, the green grass has no choice but to go with her mightiness’ in the one direction she chooses for it now......  The animals find a hidey- hole a shelter a fence, when there’s nowhere to hide they curl up in a ball; entwined together one and all.

 

Bold as brass, she now carries on down the country lanes past the village, rippling across the pond.  Catching the bird of prey up on high, he goes with her flow dancing to her tune it worries him not, he s off now without a care.  She picks up speed, rolling on down and down in to the town.  The brick wall is no problem at all.  The old man in the street hangs on to his hat and the lamp post for dear life, she dies down again, she means no harm it’s just her way........

 

Another village now miles away, she devours her prey, the large oak that stood so tall, once as proud as punch he takes a fall, hitting the ground and shaking everything around, sending an echo to all in his path, bearing his roots now to all who will pass. On she goes never to look back, its part of my nature she whispers to all, when I’m a breeze you welcome me, on a hot summers day as I blow on your face, it takes your breath away.

 

Destruction behind her, she much calmer now, the washings blowing on the lines swaying too and fro, you need me with you sometimes..... She whispers my aim is to cleanse the earth; it’s been that way since my birth. Now gently blowing on her way she lives on to reign another day.

 

 

© 2012 Ink Angel


FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There are so many meanings that I could feel here. I love the wind's feminine nature, tender and caring, and yet, firm and powerful. Your description was very graceful, and rhythmic, it flowed so easily, blew like the wind. I could also feel that closeness with nature, how we rely on it, how the wind aimed to cleanse the Earth, and it made me think about how earth has changed, how nature's part has lessened now, and it was as if the wind was making a comeback, demanding attention, claiming that it would still take your breath away. I also like how you wrote it in blue, and the various contrasts, with gentleness and strength on two sides. Beautiful piece overall, loved reading.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The ups and downs life throws at us! Always a great topic for a poem and here you have used words very well to tell your tale and to show how life's goes on if you leave those down times behind. well written

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ink Angel

10 Years Ago

thankyou so much for your lovely review, you have inspired me today after not writing for months and.. read more
TrimarcoRansome

10 Years Ago

You are more than welcome! I read quite a lot of poems on here but only review the ones which stand .. read more
I love your ability to write adorableness too!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The personification on 'air' is mystical, provocative and beautiful to the utmost. I haven't read anything like this. I don't mean to exaggerate my opinions, but i have barely read something like this that is congruent to classical writings here. There is such a natural ambiance represented in your composition, that one could identify 'air', as a living organism among us, guiding us or blowing us off course... not just in terms of virus, bacteria etc. in the pragmatic sense.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem is wonderful- imagery is spectacular! I love the rhythm of your poem- Ms. Wind, making her rounds- fierce, making no apologies, slowing to sigh for a moment (I think I have found a new role model in this character). I love the interplay between Ms. Wind the bird of prey- almost a partnership in their greeting. great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a delightful flight of fancy. Shelley wld love this as he was at one with the winds. Your poem took me out of my reality and into another way of being. There is a great sense of otherness in thiniking about the wind with our thoughts focused by your free flowing words.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I just took a wonderful trip with this wind, through the farms, fields and beyond. A more earthy and comfortable ride I've not taken. A really, really fine piece of writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ive often thought the same things (not not penned quite as well) - how amazing to think that in one part of the world there is dead calm and yet in another a hurricane rampaging its way through.
Great read, cleverly composed and tells a story we all can understand :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bravo!! I love the imagery and feel of your words. I agree with Reflectus...I love that you portrayed the wind as a woman and made her strong and powerful, yet tender. That adds a great feel. You wrote of the beauty and necessity of nature very well.

"She crept in as quiet as a whisper, rising up with the dawn, about to change the picture."
...Absolute perfection! The first line pulls you in...and never lets you down :)

"Another village now miles away, she devours her prey"
...Another example of her beautful strength.
This is a beautiful poem, well penned and a great read :)
Thank you for sharing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Absolutely incredible. Beautifully written, and creative masterpiece. Nicely done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


There are so many meanings that I could feel here. I love the wind's feminine nature, tender and caring, and yet, firm and powerful. Your description was very graceful, and rhythmic, it flowed so easily, blew like the wind. I could also feel that closeness with nature, how we rely on it, how the wind aimed to cleanse the Earth, and it made me think about how earth has changed, how nature's part has lessened now, and it was as if the wind was making a comeback, demanding attention, claiming that it would still take your breath away. I also like how you wrote it in blue, and the various contrasts, with gentleness and strength on two sides. Beautiful piece overall, loved reading.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

8093 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on May 4, 2012
Last Updated on May 4, 2012
Tags: Love, Life Death Lifes ups and downs, Ducks.

Author

Ink Angel
Ink Angel

Reading, United Kingdom



About
I love to write poetry, love to read poetry, love of graffiti, Art, Angels and photography. I have recently had my poem break of Day pubished and another about the Green man will be published soon :).. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Last Waltz The Last Waltz

A Poem by Muse


Old Old

A Poem by Muse