I'm just a tin can

I'm just a tin can

A Poem by Muse



























I'm just a tin can.
I'm telling you....
it was not part of my plan.
Tobacco chew,
with gum from your shoe,
caterpillars,
pencils,
left-handed scissors,
snails,
nails,
and yesterdays mail,
car keys,
bees,
the sand and the breeze,
mushy pears,
chocolate eclair,
now I hold a mint flower;
once placed in your hair.


© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse
jJst something short and fun.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I absolutely love this! Personally I find the creativeness sublime. What talent to take a little can that has sat in so many lives and give it voice. The can that has held the quill of the poet who with never a thought to this faitful conveyance spills the blood of their heart across paper then callously drops the spent scribe int it.

Ah the little tin can! I just love this!

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

sentimental journey through that old tin can ..or ones "junk drawer" ... i like the experimental form .. not sure what to call it .. i guess i call it a satisfying read ..pleasant and original .. nice pic too
E.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Einstein Noodle

6 Years Ago

no...not really ...you have lots of "stuff" for me to discover and will try and stay tuned ... Poe w.. read more
Muse

6 Years Ago

Merry Christmas without the "x". :)
Einstein Noodle

6 Years Ago

yes...i agree...no more "xs" in Christmas
It was a wonderful. Short and sweet. In order to give the life of this tin can while, also reflecting that of the owner. I was unique poem with a great rhythmic glow. Well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
MAC
oh my...this is wonderful. unique, balanced and brilliant.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Superb :) You have created such a tangible energy here...all the threads we weave and gather...they all end up somewhere, wonderful :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


I think we all feel like an old tin can at times, kicked down the road, collecting dust and rust along the way, filled with a little of this and a little of that until we no longer recognize ourselves without all of that stuff. It presses into our bones, blending the shadows into our skin.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Awesome subtlety in the imagery. speechless and very much impressed !

Loved the hidden rhyme pattern !

************************************************************************************************************************************************

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

True story, when I first read this, only the first three lines were visible until I thought to scroll, and it felt almost like a complete little poem as is. "I'm just a tin can. / I'm telling you... / It was not part of my plan," end of story. I actually liked that a lot, because it really made me wonder.

As I go through it, I imagine the symbolism and significance of each item placed into the can. The "now I hold a mint flower; / once placed in your hair," has a nice morbidity to it. A little like Hemingway's "for sale. baby shoes. never worn."

Are you familiar with Wallace Stevens' "The Emperor of Ice Cream?" It's an excellent poem about death, and it includes a fair amount of listed nouns, each adding their own taste to the atmosphere of what I can only call mourning the cheapness of dying, in comparison with things that naturally come and go.

This is another one that I think is a nice highlight on your page, because it's evocative. Best wishes.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very fun indeed, and the font and photo are perfect.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sorry it took so long.
Being eclectic is so much like being a tin can!
The sentiment of the mint flower emphasizes that proper point of value.
This write has a pretty down home look and feel. Thanks.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Splendid read and write. Indeed, sublime.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3531 Views
91 Reviews
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on June 19, 2012
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: humor, poem, poetry, life, nature, sarcasm, love, writerscafe, laugh, red, art, perception


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Osmosis Osmosis

A Poem by Muse