Chapter 3 Dawn

Chapter 3 Dawn

A Chapter by Inkmoon

3. Dawn

As we stepped out of the Airport a blast of moist air hit me. It smelled of the sun, a similar fragrance to one Seth wore. I inhaled it wholeheartedly. The sun swept over my skin and a smile spread over my face.

“ Why isn’t that taxi here, it should have been here earlier than this! That’s what u call punctuality. Oh, I almost forgot. Aurora, welcome to Alexandria.”,

Said my handsome companion with that gorgeous smile on his face. I just smiled due to the fact that he learnt how to make me speechless, even though I only spent around, erm… calculating…, around eleven hours and two minutes together on a plane? Well lets say I have a feeling I can trust this guy, even if he does seem like a bit of a Casanova. But as of now he is the only one I can trust and if he values trust, he will not betray me in anyway. That’s what a true friend is. Plus I can study his features, yes that was a more formal way of saying I can gape at him while he isn’t looking. My oh my aren’t I evil.

Suddenly a small cab stopped in front of us and honked. It didn’t sound like those loud and aggressive car horns in New York. If the horns New York were Chihuahuas then the one I just heard would be a… puppy lab. Seth grabbed my hand and interrupted my thoughts.

“Come one we must hurry, we are already on a very tight schedule.”, he said as he half dragged me to the cab. With one arm he not only opened but also lifted and threw my baggage into the back of the car. Just then I had realized that he hadn’t been carrying a bag with him. How strange.

We got into a cab and found a very jolly man to be our driver.

During the whole drive loud Arabic music flowed out of the cars speakers. It was rather catchy and I found myself singing along after a while, even though I was just making up words to the tune. I heard muffled laughter from Seth next to me and stopped after a while. How embarrassing, just when you think you’ve made a good impression on a cute guy you just had to mess it up huh Aura. Yep that’s me…

After a long drive we finally reached an iron gate surrounded only by large brick walls. I leaned against the car door and stared at the gate. It was beautiful with markings, like tattoos. Elegant markings entwining each other. Seth opened the cars door I was leaning against and I tumbled out. He seemed pretty impatient and… tense? He didn’t seem like a person who would get nervous but I guess I was wrong.

“ Hurry up Dawn we’re going to be late, we don’t want that do we.” he said with a tinge of bitterness in his voice. He grabbed my suitcase from the friendly cabby and stormed off towards the gate. There was a tiny window next to the gate and behind the window sat a guard. Tanned skin, green eyes and long, black hair tied together. He had a sad expression though and there were three long scars pulling his face down on his right cheek. He was not that old, maybe 20 max.

“ Long time no see Demeter, I see you’re stuck with guarding this week.”, Seth said to the stranger with a heart warming smile.

“ Yes, it seems it is not my lucky week friend. Is that the newbie? The Nereid? Let me have a look before I let you through. My I’m sure she will be the talk of the town! You know how gossip spreads here.” said Demeter with a big smile. What in the world did he mean? Whatever it is… it doesn’t sound very good to me…



© 2012 Inkmoon


Author's Note

Inkmoon
Please ignore grammar and leave a comment thanks :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on January 24, 2012
Last Updated on January 24, 2012


Author

Inkmoon
Inkmoon

Zürich, Switzerland



About
I just wanna write more..

Writing
Little girl Little girl

A Poem by Inkmoon