-Vampire Family-

-Vampire Family-

A Chapter by Inkmoon
"

Waking up in a strangers house and finding out that I'm of the same species, they're going to protect me? FROM WHAT?

"

Chapter 2

Vampires

I woke up in a beautiful room. The room was simple but pretty. The drapes were purple and at the bottom green threads were dangling from it. There were two windows and one door leading to a tiny balcony. The bed was a normal bed for two people and the sheets were a mix of purple and green embroideries on them. There was a bookshelf with all of my favorite books and 3 boxes full of my things. There was also a cupboard full of expensive clothes and a desk with required stationary. There were also drawers with a mirror and a few hairpins. A little night table with a glass of water and a tiny refrigerator underneath. I got down from the bed and found two slippers. I just noticed that I was wearing a purple pajama and that my hair was open. Which I certainly didn’t do on my own. Anyway, I opened the cupboard and found a navy blue pullover and a pair of dark blue jeans. I opened the drawer and found a hairbrush. I went through my hair 2 times. I found my boots outside on the balcony, they were a bit muddy. I quickly pulled them on and slowly opened the door that led out of the room. What a gigantic house! There were two stairs leading down to the living room. All around were at least 100 rooms. I walked towards the stairs and looked down. I saw a family of around 40 people. They looked like they were waiting for me. One boy looked up and spotted me.

It was Erik Nightlaw!

Then everybody looked up. I slowly went down the stairs and I stood in front of them waiting for them to explain. They all looked like they were having problems controlling themselves. One of Erik’s brothers, Seth, who was the one who was in the opposite class( who also got through the entrance exam) stood up and said:” Hello Sarah Conrad. I think by now you noticed that we are not a normal family. Actually we are a emperor vampire family. We are law keepers in the Night kingdom and we found out that a lot of creatures are targeting you. That is very dangerous for our world so the high court made us take you away from your family. You were a threat to them. The creature you saw yesterday was a vampire, a bad one. From now on you are a family friend. My mother will bring you a few important books later on and according to the law, you have to work here as well. Because the demons court wouldn’t approve of you if we wouldn’t force you. Tonight we shall have a ceremony. Mom will take you to your room then at 10:00 Erik will show you around. Would you like to say something?” He must have been nervous because I could hardly digest all the info he had just flung at me. No normal person would have been able to do so, whereas I guess I wasn’t normal anymore….

“ My name is not Sarah Conrad, it’s Aura Sinclair. I’m fourteen years old and my birthday is on the 10 of May. Its nice to meet you.”, I said trying to be polite but still confused to oblivion. They did save me and my family but they had to take me away from them. I tried to smile but it didn’t reach my eyes. Everyone around me looked at me guiltily. They also looked confused and surprised. Erik’s mother escorted me to my room. We both sat on my bed. I had the feeling that I could trust her with anything. I couldn’t hold it in any longer. Once again my eyesight blurred and I ended up crying, like a baby… with snot and all…

Erik’s mother comforted me like my own mother used to. After I calmed down a bit I felt very tired. I lay my head on her lap and she slowly stroked my hair. Then she said:” My name is Eliza Night. Feel free to talk to me about anything. I stay in the west side of the night mansion were all the adults stay. You will stay were the children and maids stay. My sons Erik and Seth are staying next to your room on each side. Sleep for a while. You must be tired.”

Her voice was soothing but her words were soaked in pity. It made me a bit sad.

I fell asleep in 2 seconds. I dreamt about my family, of all the times my brother made a mess and I had to help him clean up. I remember when he got his drivers license, I was the first person he took for a drive. The time he got a job to buy me a laptop for my birthday and showed me how to use it. It was great having a big brother; Now I wont even be able to talk to him. It won’t be easy to forget him but I have to do it. For all my dear ones.

When I woke up I felt a bit stiff. I stretched and saw A bunch of cloth dressed books on the night table. A green, purple, brown and red book. They only had titles and the authors name on them. I put them back and I moved the sheets away. I didn’t even take my boots off. My hair was probably a mess of knots and my clothes were all crushed. I walked to the cupboard were there was also a screen for me to change clothes. I just started taking my shirt of, when I heard somebody coughing. ( Fake coughing)

I looked from behind the screen and see Erik sitting on a chair near the window. His face was flushed pale pink and his eyes were closed…

OH MY GOD!

Erik was sitting in my room while I was sleeping! I wonder if he drank my blood? I slowly touched the place where 2 vampires had bitten me yesterday evening. Impossible! They were gone, both holes that Markus had pierced into my skin were gone!

“ Sarah, would you please hurry up? We are already late on schedule. We should have been up and about an hour ago. Now we will finish the tour only tomorrow morning. First we have to eat something, or else I’ll have to carry you halfway through. Don’t forget to take all the books that mom brought you. I’ll wait outside.”, Erik said in an irritated and hasty tone. I never knew his voice was so perfect, like church bells on an early Sunday morning, or like a wind chime. Before he could go out the door I said:” My name is Aura Sinclair.” He went out without saying a word. I opened a box that was marked as “clothes” and took out my favorite jeans and my favorite

dark green shirt. I found my favorite sneakers and quickly put them on . I tied my hair up in a bun. Then I noticed a door in the corner of my room.

It was my own bathroom! I never had my own bathroom! I washed my face and after that packed all the books in an old backpack that was also in my “clothes” box. Erik was waiting impatiently in front of the door. I came out and closed the door behind me. Erik motioned for me to walk down the stairs and I followed him to the kitchen.

I had never seen such a well organized kitchen in my entire life! spices, liquids, veggies, dairy products and meat all organized in shelves and refrigerators. An hour plan for all meals ( including tea and snacks) and also different shelves. Erik sat down and looked at me in such a way I knew I had to bring him breakfast. I spotted a pack of cereal that had a lot of nutritious vitamins. I looked at Erik hopefully. He sighed and nodded his head. He still seems like he is restraining himself. I didn’t know from what. I got the milk and tried to reach the cereal box but it was to high even for myself. I mean, 167cm for a 14 year old is quite tall right? I turned around to Erik to ask if we could just eat a fruit salad. Surprisingly when I turned he was standing right in front of me reaching for the cereal box. He was so close that I could smell his fresh scent. I looked up to him because he was sort of frozen. He was staring down at me with me with a confused and embarrassed expression . His face was pale pink again. I heard someone coming from a distance and I whispered to Erik:” Erik are you OK? It might be a good idea to move because somebody is coming.” He looked down at me angrily and said:” I would if I could but I cant move a muscle. Just give me a second. I haven’t had my “Meal” yet so my body wont hold through long.

I. Must. Have. Blood!” Suddenly his eyes turned red and his fangs were glistening. I got scared so I smacked him in the face. He shook his head and blinked a few times. His eyes turned back to a grassy green. He frowned at me and said:” Thanks, I needed that. I think I’ll pick up a bottle of blood from the shed.“

We ate our breakfast and went on the tour. First we went to the so-called shed, It was in the garage basement. The strong metallic blood smell hit me right when I entered, it was filled with endless shelves of wine bottles of blood. I got dizzy just looking at them. I cant stand the smell of blood, I always get really wobbly knees. On the labels the animal, ( or human) age, gender and blood group were written. Erik took a bottle and I peered under his shoulder to see what was written on it.

 

 

 

Age: 20

G: female

Blood group: A positive

Human

 

He opened the bottle easily and drank it slowly while enjoying it like it was something he’d give his life for. I took a few steps back because had those dangerous red eyes again and as if he would pounce on anyone who came closer. At the same time they looked very delicate. It was disgusting, but in a way it was very fascinating. How they crave for something that humans need to live on. How they would kill for it. But in this world that’s how life is. Like that saying,

“ This is a dog eat dog world. Only the strongest can survive or kill or get killed.”

Oh my god! I just said that out loud. I looked in Erik’s direction and he was to busy drinking to notice. After he finished drinking he liked the bottle opening and his lips like a greedy wolf who wanted more. Then he closed his eyes and they were a hard green color when he opened them again. He had noticed that I moved back. Actually, I was moving back right now. As usual I tripped on a mere pebble or something but before I could fall Erik caught me. He seemed a bit more relaxed now. A second ago he was at least 10 meters away…

After the incident he showed me the west area of the mansion. He only said that I was allowed there if I was needed. The he showed me all the time passing places. they have tennis, a pool, clubhouse, a movie theater and much more that I can’t even count. Erik even admitted that he knew only one fourth of the mansion himself. (He knows most of it as well) Then came something I absolutely love. In the backyard there’s an old house and It turns out to be a library! Erik told me that they always get the oldest and newest books. How awesome is that?! The tour was over for today but we had to stay in the west area because it’s too far from the east. Plus because he just had blood he couldn’t teleport for a day. There was only a teeny weeny problem, they only had one room! After dinner in the west we went to the room. We took turns using the bathroom and. I went after Erik. When I came out he was sitting on a chair by the bed. I just waited stupidly for him to say something. “ I can’t sleep for 2 days so I’ll just sit here. All night. Awake.”, he said in a sad and irritated manner. I just nodded and climbed into bed. I was so tired so it didn’t take long to sleep.

In my dream I was running from someone. It was too dark to see anything. I could only see 2 glowing red eyes and glistening white fangs. Suddenly they vanished. I stopped running and turned my head. There he was, a vampire that looked just like Markus was licking my neck. I woke up covered in sweat. My breathing was uneven and I was clutching something with my right hand. I followed my arm to find Erik’s fingers between mine. I quickly let go and felt my face reddening slowly. Erik, on the other hand seemed worried. I ignored his reaction and was happy to be awake.

I woke up a bit late so we packed brunch in a picnic basket and headed of to see the woods and gardens. The path in the woods led to the grand garden. In front of the woods there was a little gate. It was a very antique looking gate, with flower patterns on it. We walked in the same pace. In that moment a hoard of butterfly’s flew all over me. Erik just watched me in astonishment. I turned away from him and whispered to the butterfly’s.

“ Calm down, nothing happened to me.”

They all rested there wings and stayed on my hair and shoulders. I turned back to Erik and said:” I’m sorry about that. They’re just worried.” Erik gave me a suspicious nod. H looked like he was going to call an exorcist or something.

A few silent minutes later he said: ” You must hate me for what I did. It’s just that your aura is so different. It feels halfway like a vampire’s. It would be very helpful if you would tell us something.”

I looked at him and saw guilt and pity in his eyes. I got really angry.

First of all, I never wanted this to happen. I was very happy with my fake family and good grades. Then he came along with his abnormal family and ruined everything! Hold on…

he actually saved my family didn’t he? He saved them from the danger I was always causing. That’s why we always see shady people on our streets at night. I will show my gratitude to these vampires.

“ Let’s see, butterfly’s and sometimes bee’s follow me around. They listen to me. I was adopted, or rather I was found in an abandoned house in England. My name is Aurora Sinclair and I’m not 16 but only 14 years old. I am very clumsy and I feel very weak since yesterday. I love to read. When my mom took me to the doctor because she was freaked that butterfly’s were following me the doctor said that I have pure and unique blood. He wanted to keep a sample but my mother disagreed and we never went back to that doctor.”, I answered.

The rest of the day we didn’t talk much. The whole time Erik looked truly brainless. At least now I know that I’m not insane and that vampire’s and werewolf’s exist. Now I just have to find a fairy.

I have to start working hard from tomorrow onwards so good luck to me with my new…

 

 

Vampire Family

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2012 Inkmoon


Author's Note

Inkmoon
Please excuse grammar :P What do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on April 1, 2012
Last Updated on April 1, 2012
Tags: Vampire, Family


Author

Inkmoon
Inkmoon

Zürich, Switzerland



About
I just wanna write more..

Writing
Little girl Little girl

A Poem by Inkmoon