Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Catherine Frain

~~Le Chapter 3~~

A new voice drifted into the room from the doorway. “Y’all are loud ya know? What if the neighbors hear ya? Ever thought of that?”

Max stood suddenly, pushing past Baillie and out the door. Leslie who was standing beside the door jumped as her twin pushed past her. She took hold of her wrist.

“Aunt Baillie...” Danny started but stopped.

Max looked at her sister with red-rimmed eyes. “Let go of me, Leslie,” she said quietly.

“Come on, let’s go get you cleaned up. Can’t let Cas see you like this, now can we?” Leslie said, trying to get her sister to smile.

A small smile crept over Max’s face, and she wiped her eyes. “Okay,” she whispered.

As Les led Max room, the emotion filled conversation continued. Leslie just moved part of her bangs from her face, while looking over at her twin. “What?” Max asked.

“Nothing.I was just listening to what y’all were saying.”

“Oh..... Danny’s very stubborn.” Max said, smiling a little.

“Yes, I suppose he gets that from his father,” she said.

Max’s smile faded, and she wiped at her eyes again. “I’m sorry, I couldn’t deal with him anymore,” she said.

“It’s fine, Maxxy. I always lose my patience..but sometimes...” she trailed off, “Sometimes, he remind me so much of his father, and it brings too many memories.”

Max wrapped her arms around her sister, letting the tears fall from her eyes. “I understand,” she whispered.

Les hugged her sister back, and whispered, “Thank you, Max. You were always there for me.”

Max pulled back and laughed, “I look a mess, don’t I?” she asked.

“We’re both a mess,” she replied, walking into her bedroom, where her ensuite sat.

Max pulled open a drawer and pulled out a couple of washcloths. “Yeah, so much for no tears.”

“Well, tears make you stronger after all. We all should now, for shedding so many,” Les said softly, as she turned to turn the water on.

Leslie ran her hand under the sink’s faucet to make sure that the water was warm before she took the washcloths from her sister. She ran them under the water and moved to gently wipe Max’s face.

“Will you be okay, Maxxy?” Les asked.

Max smiled and let Leslie wipe her face. “Yeah, I’ll be okay.”

“As long as you are. I couldn’t bare to see you, not happy,” Les said softly, as she finished wiping Max’s face down.

Max’s eyes welled up with tears and she her mock-glared at her sister. “Stop saying things like that, I’ll cry more!” she said.

Leslie turned away and sighed. “It’s not like I control it. You know how much I care for y’all...all of you..”

“Yeah, I know....” Max pushed the washcloth away from her face and wrapped Leslie in a bear hug.

Les just gave a small smile. “Come on. We still have to make our appearance.”

Max chuckled. “True that, sis.”

Les simply smiled and left the unused washcloth on the counter. “Let’s go then.” Max followed her out, a small smile on her lips.

Leslie led the way from the bathroom as she headed back towards the stairs. “Do you think they’re still arguing?” Max asked her.

“I don’t know. I hope they aren’t. It wasn't supposed to get to an argument telling Danny about this all,” Les said, her fingers tapping against the banister as she headed down the stairs.

“I know..... I think it was a bad idea to let Dean do the talking...” Max mused.

“Possibly. Maybe we should have let Sam talk to Danny,” Les commented.

Max nodded. “He’d probably keep it on a much calmer level.”

“He was also the youngest one of us all when we were all shoved into hunting. He understands what Danny is feeling when we tell him all of these things.” Max nodded as they reached the bottom of the stairs.



© 2017 Catherine Frain


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on February 3, 2017
Last Updated on February 3, 2017


Author

Catherine Frain
Catherine Frain

Omaha, NE



About
Welcome to my profile! I love to write as you can see- so feel free to write a review and check out the rest of my work. I am slowly posting stuff from my Google account here so yeah! I hope y'all kee.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Catherine Frain


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Catherine Frain


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Catherine Frain