Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by InterijentoWrites

"Phone's going to ring!"

 

I know, Alex. Elizabeth thought, moving to try and catch the phone before it rang. She missed by a milisecond as the ringer filled the silence.

 

I dont think I will ever beat the ring. She thought as she answered the call. "Hello?"

 

Elizabeth was quiet for long moments, not speaking, only thinking as she listened to the voice on the other end. Alex, confused by her silence after answering the phone, came into the living room and stood across the table from her, waiting.

 

"Of course." Her tone was irate as ever. "We'll be there as soon as we can." She said softly, hanging up the line.

 

"What was that?" He asked, curious at Elizabeth's aggravation.

 

"That was the camp... John's gone and wrapped himself up in another fight." She said as she went to the bedroom to get dressed. She grabbed the outfit she had planned to wear today, a pair of slacks and a t-shirt, and threw them back into the dresser. So much for a relaxing day. She thought as she searched for appropriate, professional attire.

 

Alex followed her into the bedroom. We could just leave him there... Alex thought, walking over to where Elizabeth stood. He wrapped his arms around her, his warmth bleeding through her thin shirt. She was instantly dazed by his touch.

 

"We could go back to bed..." He said, breathing down her neck, his smooth lips kissing her cheek.

 

Elizabeth giggled, pushing at him. No. We have to go. Her internal voice was stern, but Alex knew it was all the Alpha act.

 

You know I dont buy that. He thought, caressing her hips.

 

"No." She said, breaking away from him. Her voice was stern now.

 

"Welcome back, Alpha." He said, a smirk playing on his lips. He turned and walked away to get dressed.

 

Ex- Alpha. She warned.

 

Alex looked at her through the mirror, still smirking. "We will see." He said.

 

Elizabeth sighed, turning to pull on a pair of grey dress paints and a white blouse. She then went to stand beside Alex in front of the mirror and pulled a brush through her silky blonde hair. "You should go. They'll expect you first. You're always better at smooth talking these guys."

 

Alex scoffed at her attempt at a compliment. "You just dont want to deal with them." He said, seeing right through her trick. "Besides, this is the second time this week. There's no way they're going to let him stay." He said.

 

"Still. You go. Ill meet you there." She said.

 

Without another word, Alex left the room. Elizabeth continued to brush her hair until she heard the ripping of clothes. She shook her head in the mirror, nearly mesmerized by the motion her golden hair made, swishing back and forth as she did. She pulled herself from the mirror and made her way for the front door, grabbing her purse and keys before she did.

 

Elizabeth closed the door behind her and went to the car, hardly noticing the scarps of shredded clothing on the driveway. It was normality in the life she lived.

 

She opened the door and stepped into the car. The key was already in the ignition; Alex saw no reason to lock doors when he lived in the middle of nowhere. It was convenient, really.

 

As Elizabeth began the hour drive to the camp John was at, she began to think. More precisely, about her past...

 

"Hello all. Im uh- Im your new Alpha..." She paused for a moment. "I understand that you have suffered a great loss, but I promise we will uh-..." The lot of the group before her was staring at the ground. "We will make it-..." Except for the eldest male. He stared her right in the eyes. It caught her off guard. This was already an uncomfortable situation. "I promise I will do my best to help you all through this." She said finally, pulling her gaze from the male and back to the rest of the group. Elizabeth had imagined herself handling this completely different. In her imagination, her voice was powerful and filled with authority. Then she actually arrived, and she turned into a completely different person. Her voice was full of sorrow, and regret.

 

Beside the male that had stared her down, there were three others. Even though she wasnt looking at him, she could still feel his stare boring into the side of her head. She did her best to ignore it, and give her attention to the others; two males, and a female. By the looks of it, Elizabeth knew she had her work cut out for her... 



© 2012 InterijentoWrites


Author's Note

InterijentoWrites
I was really moved by the reviews from the first chapter. I hope you all enjoy the second.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Loved this chapter!!!! I would definitely want to read more, but since I can't really keep track of all the pieces I reviewed, Please send me a RR when you have the third one out!

And good job so far!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Really cool...So they can hear each others thoughts? Hope to see more XD

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 13, 2012
Last Updated on March 13, 2012


Author

InterijentoWrites
InterijentoWrites

Racine, WI



About
My name is Tresa. I am 17 years old. I have been writing for 10 years. I am currently in the progress of writing a novella, called Elizabeth May Charles. Also, I know a lot of you have reviewed my .. more..

Writing
Elle Elle

A Story by InterijentoWrites


One One

A Chapter by InterijentoWrites



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Soldier The Soldier

A Poem by Ami N.