Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by InterijentoWrites
"

Ive decided to make this book into chapters. So let me know if you think the first couple of chapters are too short. Im not really sure how many pages/words are in one chapter.

"

A small hand reached across a table top for a sleek, black cell phone that lay in the center. A mere second before her hand grasped the phone, it vibrated on the table, the ringtone reverberating off the wood and filling the silence that surrounded her. A small gasp escapes her lips as she wraps her fingers around the phone. 

 

I dont think that will ever cease to amaze me. 

 

"Hello? This is Eliz-" Before she could even finish her introduction, a frantic voice called to her. 

 

"Elizabeth, honey. Thank God. Where the hell have you been? Ive tried your apartment number twenty times. I even went to your apartment. They said you hadnt been there in weeks!" 

 

Elizabeth sighed gently, putting the phone to her other ear as she rose from the table and began to walk around the table. "Im fine, Harold. Ive just been relaxing." She said softly, trying to ease his worries. 

 

Harold scoffed angrily, and Elizabeth knew he wasnt going to buy that. "I dont know what you've been doing lately, but it ends now. You come home, this instant." Harold's voice rang over the reciever, and he held a stern tone, showing there was no arguing. Though, now he was silent, and Elizabeth assumed it was her chance to talk. 

 

"I promise Ill come home soon. I need to deal with this, and I cant do it from home." She paused for a moment, giving Harold a chance to argue with her. When he didnt speak, she continued. "I know you dont know, or even understand what's going on, but-" 

 

Elizabeth was cut off by the sound of the dial tone ringing in her ear. She slammed the phone down on the table, her blood boiling. 

 

He hung up on me. I cant believe it. 

 

As Elizabeth stood there, leaning over one of the table's chairs, she felt her heart sinking in her chest. A heavy sigh passed through her parted lips, her heart rate coming back down, the anger fading, hanging her head in defeat. 

 

I need to tell him. Harold needs to know. He deserves to know. But... he wont understand-

 

You're damn right he wont understand. 

 

Elizabeth sighed as her thoughts were interrupted by her lover's thoughts; Alex. As his name entered Elizabeth's thoughts, he emerged from the bed room, flashing a large smile in Elizabeth's direction. He ran a smooth and steady hand through his jet black hair and then went into the bathroom, slamming the door behind him. 

 

Gah! Must you always bother me in the morning, Alex? 

 

Alex could be heard in the bathroom, merely chuckling at Elizabeth's anger. 

 

Elizabeth hung her head once more, then pulled a chair out and sat down, laying her cheek against the cool table top, trying to relax, and think. 

 

Alex erupted from the bathroom, slamming the door closed before walking over to the kitchen table and sitting down beside Elizabeth. His hair fell in his eyes as he reached over and held Elizabeth's shoulders. Itll be alright. He reassured her. 

 

A smile spread across Elizabeth's lips as they shared another wordless moment. She leaned her head against his shoulder, wrapping her arms around his stomach and breathing easily. As long as Alex was around, all was good. It often made Elizabeth wonder what she would ever do if Alex were to leave her. 

 

Id never leave you, love. 

 

Elizabeth nodded in agreement. Then, Alex rose from the table and prepared the two a bowl of cereal. He set a bowl down in front of Elizabeth, then went to sit across from her and eat his own. "You know you can't tell Harold. I dont care how guilty you feel. It will only make matters worse." 

 

I know that. But this is ruining our relationshi- 

 

You're relationship is down the shitter, Elizabeth. 

 

Then it's only further hurting the both of us. 

 

Let it go, Alpha. Be a pack leader, and just let it go. 



© 2012 InterijentoWrites


Author's Note

InterijentoWrites
Again, appreciate anything anyone has to offer. :)

(3-12-12)
Wow! Thanks everyone for the reviews. Really pushes me to resume my writing! And yes, Im aware there are no apostrophes. Thanks. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You seem to have a problem with contractions, Tresa. Wondering where this story is going. Can Alex read Elizabeth's thoughts? Is Harold her boyfriend or husband?

1. "Ive tried your apartment number" (I've)
2. "They said you hadnt been there in weeks!" (hadn't)
3. ""Im fine, Harold. Ive just been relaxing." (I'm fine, Harold. I've just been relaxing."
4. "Elizabeth knew he wasnt going to buy that." (wasn't)
5. ""I dont know what you've" (don't)
6. ""I promise Ill come home soon. I need to deal with this, and I cant do it from home." (I'll -can't)
7. "When he didnt speak, she continued. "I know you dont know, or even understand what's going on, but-" (didn't - don't)
8. "I cant believe it." (can't)
9. "Itll be alright." (It'll)
10. "Id never leave you, love." (I'd)
11. "I dont care how guilty you feel." (don't)


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Sounds like a good story...waiting to see where this goes.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A good write :))

Posted 12 Years Ago


Amazing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Over all it's good. A couple of rough spots but an interesting start.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a great beginning! But I found you were somewhat dabbling with the tenses. It might be just me but :) a once-over would determine that.

I loved the small details, and the characters so far. They're starting to come to life. Maybe add a bit more detail about the place she's in??

Other than those little things, I loved this chapter! *moves on to second*

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a good start.. is there more..

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

brilliant start. wish it twas longer.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice start!

I like the characters' interactions with each other.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It sounds like a really cool story so far, I hope you plan on adding more chapters. Real solid entry so far though XD

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

can't wait for the rest but I mean im not good at proof reading but check spelling if you are good

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

609 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 4, 2012
Last Updated on March 13, 2012


Author

InterijentoWrites
InterijentoWrites

Racine, WI



About
My name is Tresa. I am 17 years old. I have been writing for 10 years. I am currently in the progress of writing a novella, called Elizabeth May Charles. Also, I know a lot of you have reviewed my .. more..

Writing
Elle Elle

A Story by InterijentoWrites


One One

A Chapter by InterijentoWrites



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..