Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 2 - The Impacted Kiss

Chapter 2 - The Impacted Kiss

A Chapter by Irshad
"

The Kiss that would be given because of the impact of some other actions

"

 

                                 “If you don’t believe my words, then let us do this. After all this is just a infatuation. Let  us give a break for some time. You should not meet, talk, chat or any kind of communication should not be there for the next one year. After one year, if you have the same feeling like now, then I will take the responsibility for you getting married each other. Is this okay?? From today onwards, till the next year, your are going to give a break for this.”

Karthik and Shalini looked each other in surprise.

THE END

                “Nice Ending”, Butterfly Publications M.D. Purushothaman said.

                “Thank You.”, I replied.

Butterfly Publications was the only publications who had been publishing my stories for more than 15 years. Some people may say that this publication had become famous only because of my stories. Purushothaman, the Managing Director of Butterfly Publications is a very good reader and he always respect writer and their thoughts. He had become one of my closest friends in this 15 years journey. He never commented on my stories, instead he enjoyed a lot in reading my stories. But this time, Purushothaman’s comments were different. I did not know that this occasion was going to change my life.

                “Irshad, your story is wonderful. I just wanted to know the reason for this story.”, he asked.

                “Nothing much Puru. I just wanted to convey the power of love in a very interesting way.”, I replied.

                “Yeah.. its really interesting. But I feel its very cinematic than a real life.”, he said.

First time in this 15 years journey with this publications and with him, I felt something different. I looked at him in shock and replied.

                “My friend…. Love is Magic. Its completely an extra-ordinary thing. We cannot imagine or understand the power of true love using real things. Fantasy should be there. I mean cinematic stuff would make a love story to feel better.”

He just smiled at me and started speaking.

                “Irshad, I agree  your points. But the generation and time has changed a lot. The mind set has also become matured now. Nowadays no one is reading stories with cinematic stuff. They want something different. They are expecting writers to come up with innovative thoughts. Its time for us to change to stay and survive in this field.”

I could not speak. I just stared at him, he continued speaking.    

                “But you have got an important and powerful strength, which the current wirters do not have with them. The Life. Your words have life. Whatever concepts you take, you will make us to feel like everything is happening to us. This is your biggest strength. No one has got that talent. This is one of the important reasons for publishing your stories for more than 15 years.”

I just said, “Thank you”. I was not able to speak. He continued.

                “Have you read the recent stories that we published??”

                “No, not yet. I don’t read a lot usually.”, I replied.

                “New writers in this field. On the third day itself, all the stocks were sold out. Readers have started to concentrate on young writers and their innovative thinking. If you get time, please read these two stories from our publications, ‘Traitors do not have rules’ and ‘The World is very thirsty’. You will get some idea on today’s mind set.”, he said and smiled at me.

I looked into his eyes for a second and said, “Ok”. Usually I don’t like competitors. Especially in this writing field. His words, ‘Its time to change to survive in this field’ echoed continously into my mind. I won’t allow anyone to reach No.1 in writing, which always belongs to me.

                “Irshad, don’t take it as personal. I am just telling you about the current period and its mind set. We will be publishing this story for sure. But next time, we are expecting an extra ordinary plot with different narration from you. I am telling you again, no one can replace you in bringing the feel and life to the story. We want this in a entirely different ways. I hope you understand. If we slip further, these new writers will easily come to the top, as they are hightly potential. Please think about this. Everything is business Irshad. Hope you will rock in your next product”, Purushothaman completed his speech with a smile.

He expected me to speak something. But I left that place only with a ‘Bye’. I did not care about anything. I just came out from his office. The mid afternoon Sun was burning the city. The heavy traffic, vehicle horns and other sounds made me so irritating. I was not able to think anything in my mind. I was blank about my next plan. What was I planning next?? Nothing was coming to my mind. Purushothaman’s words echoed inside my ears, along  with the traffic noise. ‘Its time for us to change to keep alive in this writing field’. I was very upset. Suddenly I remembered my best friend Gowtham.

                Gowtham was my best friend since my childhood. He completed his MBBS and three specialized courses in psychology and neurology. His psychiatric clinic was one of the famous in the city. I looked at my watch. It showed 2:45 PM. This was Gowtham’s free time and he might be doing some researches in his clinic. I decided to meet him. The most important thing about Gowtham was he played a major role in my writing career. I drove towards his clinic.

                The psychiatric clinic was located at the center of the city. When I entered inside, the receptionist and the nurses did not allow me inside. They told doctor is very busy and out patients timing was from 6 PM. They were not ready to hear my words. I just disobeyed them and entered into doctor’s room. The receptionist was shouting and ran behind me. Gowtham saw both of us.

                “Hey Irshad…………”, he was surprised by seeing me.

                “He is my close friend. I will take care”,  Gowtham told the receptionist and she left them alone.

                “Hey Irshad, What a surprise! Anything special?”, Gowtham asked.

                “I completed my next novel and sent it for publications”, I replied.

                “Yeah…. Yeah….. I was about to call you actually. I read the soft copy that you sent in email. How many times you guys will be using the name Karthik for love stories. Don’t you think this Gowtham, Kumar, Saravanan can also love and suitable for love stories. Can’t they?”, Gowtham asked me in serious tone, but it made me to laugh.

                “I thought, it would be a better romantic name than others”, I replied.

                “Your narration and feel is good. But I don’t like the story and story telling way. Its completely cinematic dude. People are already getting bored of seeing these kind of commercial movies. I feel, there is nothing special in this story. I would say it’s a feel free love story, but not impressive”, Gowtham frankly said in front my face.

I could not reply back. He noticed my sad face and changed the topic.

                “So…. Irshad…. How is my drugs working? Is everything alright? Please be very careful in taking these drugs. It may impact your real life.”, Gowtham told very strongly.

                “I know”, I said.

                “Irshad, this is really very very serious. Do you remember what I told when I gave these drugs to you?”, Gowtham asked.

                “At that time, I was not interested to listen. So I do not remember anything you explained. But now,I want to hear. Please repeat your explanations. It may useful for my stories atleast”, I smiled.

Gowtham stared at me for a second and continued speaking.

                “Do you know about emotions and how they got created within yourself??”, Gowtham asked.

                “Seriously I don’t know. I have used mixture of emotions in my stories. But I never thought how it got created”, I replied and Gowtham continued again.

                “Emotions are nothing but the chemical reactions inside your body. Let me explain you clearly. If you see anything that you like most, Adrenaline (or harmone) and ligands are released inside your body. These Adrenaline/ligands are being released with respect to the corresponding feel and situation. The respective receptor cells inside your body accepts the ligands/Adrenaline and responds accordingly through physical and mental symptoms. This is called emotions. This is how love, hate, anger, trust, joy, panic, fear and grief are created according to the situations”             

I was listening to him with deep interest. Gowtham continued again.

                “This is the reason why people got their face changed, when they look at something they hate most. The secretion of Adrenaline and its response from the receptor cells are responsible for this. So the emotions are all temporary and it occurs only according to the situation. Writers like you, want to maintain the same emotion continously until they complete that story, so that the story/chapter will be in same mood”

                “Oh…. Ok ok. I am getting some ideas regarding drugs you gave to me.”, I said.

                “Yes Irshad. You approached me for help to maintain emotions when you write. I discovered some drugs, which would artificially induce the emotions within you. I mean, it artifically creates the Adrenaline and ligands according to the drugs used. For the past 10 years, you have been using my drugs to give feel and life to your story. As you recently requested some drugs to maintain the emotion of romance and love for this story, I supplied you the drugs of love.”, Gowtham stopped.

I remembered the colored capsules in my brown box, which I took to complete my recent love story ‘You+Me=Love’

                “So, these drugs have brought me the feel and emotion to write the story in appropriate mood. Wow…… Fantastic…. Now I understood completely the importance of these drugs in my writing life.”, I said in surprise.

                “But Irshad, please try reducing these drugs now. Atleast take one drug per week/month. There might be a chance of side effects. Because there is a only little difference between emotions and mood. Emotions are short-termed, that will last a maximum of few minutes. But mood is long-termed, that will last either weeks or months. The drugs which I gave is only to induce emotions. If you take without control, then there is a possibility of affecting your mood. So please be careful”, Gowtham warned very seriously.

                “Emotions and mood are the different words to express a single meaning right?”, I asked.

                “No Irshad. Its entirely different. Lets say happy, love are emotions. This happens based on the situation. Happiness and Sadness are mood. This will be long lasting even for months. That’s why I am strictly telling you not to use drugs more. It might spoil your mood which would impact your real life”, Gowtham replied.

I looked into his eyes deeply and asked,

                “But this time I will desperately need your help”

Gowtham noticed my serious tone and asked,

                “Irshad, Is this you?? I have not seen you this much tensed in your writing field. What happened?”

                “Its time for me to change to survive here. First time in my life, I have got competitors. I won’t leave my No.1 position. This is my Kingdom and I should always be the King.”, I told very strongly.

                “So what are you planning to do?”, Gowtham asked.

                “I am planning to write a new story, which should be entirely a new concept and new theme. Readers should feel each and every word in that story. I need your help in this. I need strong drugs”, I replied.

                “Sorry Irshad. I can’t help you in this. please don’t force me. This is going very bad”

I looked at him in disappointment and said.

                “Please Gowtham.  This is the last help from you. After that I will wait till the mood I require and then continue my story. But this time is very critical for me. My career is in danger. My No.1 place is being stolen by new comers. I want to prove it back. I want to tell this world that no one could beat me in this writing field. Please……. Please……… this time I am planning a different theme. Without your help I can’t.  For this last time, please help me”, I requested like a helpless man.

Gowtham thought for a long time and replied.

                “Ok. Keep it in your mind, this is last. After that you should stop using these drugs. One more thing, I will be supplying only 3 drugs per week with respect to the mood of the chapter. Is that ok for you?”

                “Thank you my friend. Thanks a lot.”

I shook his hands and got up from the chair.

                “So, whats next?”, Gowtham asked.

                “Alisha, my wife…”, I replied.

Gowtham was surprisingly looking at me and I left the hospital.

                Alisha, 35 years old was my wife, working as a software analyst in a big reputed IT company. She was one of the most patient ladies I have ever seen in my life. Most of the time, she stayed alone, as I was always busy with my writing. But she never complained me about her lonliness. Though, we did not have kids, we lived a happy life, but most of the time alone. It had been 20 days since I met her at last. I took my car and drove towards the IT tech park, where she was working.

                The IT Tech Park seemed very big. I was worried how I was going to find her. Somehow I remembered the company’s name, where she was working. I approached the company’s reception and enquired about her. The north Indian reception girl asked so many questions. I was able to answer only her name. I did not know anything apart from that.

                She asked me to wait in the couch, since she found the project and location details of Alisha. I sat on the couch and took a business magazine and started reading. The receptionist was busy with her PC in finding the details. There was door nearby, which was completely access controlled. The door lead to a big project ODC (Offshore Development Center). I noticed a notice board on the top of the door. ‘Please do not tail gate’

                I waited for 5 minutes, but the receptionist was still searching the details. Basically, a writer should have extreme patience. But I was feeling quite opposite to that. I was not able to sit. Something was happening inside my body, which I could not understand. At that time, one employee came out of the ODC door, by wiping his access card. Suddenly I lost my control and stood up. The receptionist did not notice. I rushed towards the half-opened ODC door and entered into the ODC. The receptionist noticed and started running towards me.

                The ODC was very big. There were almost 250 seats inside. Everyone noticed me and the receptionist running behind. Everyone was shocked. I was looking around and searching for Alisha in the crowd.

                “Irshad?????????????” , one lady from the crowd said in surprise.

I parked my eyes there. My beautiful wife Alisha looked more beautiful than before. Though she was 35 years of age, she looked like 25 years girl. I rushed towards her. Everyone was looking at me in surprise, including Alisha. I reached her desk and stood in front of her. I looked into her eyes. Suddenly she lost her balance and was about to fall down. I realized the situation and immediately put my hands around her waist and held her tightly. Everyone’s eyes stood at us. She was trying to say something, but I interrupted by locking her lips using mine. The lip lock continued for around 2 minutes.

                I did not know that the drug which I had recently, was still functioning. The drug was used to intialize the love emotion for writing ‘You+Me=Love’ novel. I did not know, the side effects of that drugs had started impacting my real life. The continous usage of drugs started showing its effect. Finally against my control, it came out in the form of this ‘Impacted Kiss’



© 2015 Irshad


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

307 Views
Added on June 25, 2015
Last Updated on June 25, 2015


Author

Irshad
Irshad

Writing
Haunted Dreams Haunted Dreams

A Chapter by Irshad


The Third Empire The Third Empire

A Chapter by Irshad


I Quit I Quit

A Chapter by Irshad