Chapter 1 - The Underwater secret

Chapter 1 - The Underwater secret

A Chapter by Irshad
"

Introduction to the underwater secret

"

Chapter 1 " The Underwater secret:

               Sea trade plays a vital role in global economy. Around 90% of world trade is carried by the International Shipping industry. Without shipping, intercontinental trade, the bulk transport of raw materials, import/export of affordable and manufactured goods would simply not be possible.

               Being a Peninsula, surrounded by sea waters, shipping has been one of the backbones of our country’s economic growth. Indian Ocean has become the busiest sea trade route in the world. For the past few centuries, various numbers of cargos & fleets have been travelling across sea waters from Europe to South East Asia via Indian Ocean.

               Due to shallow depth of water between India and Sri Lanka, the route from Gulf of Mannar to Palk Bay (Bay of Bengal) has to go all the way around Sri Lanka. During 18th century, British government proposed a shipping canal project which would allow the sea transport through the Indo-Sri Lankan sea waters. Because of various reasons, the shipping canal project put on hold and finally it was accepted during 2018 after so many compromises made.

               The shipping canal project was being carried out by the chief Indian shipping in-charge John Yogaraj. His model was agreed by almost all the Indian officials and finally started with a budget of 3200 Crores. Although it was started and made a positive progress, NEERI (National Environmental Engineering Research Institute) was claiming that this shipping canal project was affecting the marine eco-system. A case was filed against the shipping canal project, but the special court refused to issue a stay order, instead the case was postponed to some late future. Due to these reasons and many politics involved, the project was being carried out in extreme cautious way.

               It was evening in the mid of the Sea and the Sun was sinking into the sea water at a distance. The lights were switched on in the naval ship to fight against the coming darkness. John Yogaraj was standing at the edge of the ship and investigating the place. That naval ship was equipped with recent technologies to excavate for the shipping canal. Though it was not completely equipped as the ships used for world’s famous Panama and Manchester shipping canal, it was considered to be enough for a 44.9 nautical miles long. John Yogaraj’s investigation got disturbed by the approach of his assistant Kumar in the behind.

               “Sir, it is getting dark now. We should resume back in tomorrow.”

John Yogaraj turned back and saw Kumar standing with a sea map and planning sheet in his hand.

               “Yes. It’s enough for today. Pull back the team. Tomorrow will be the long day for us.” John Yogaraj replied.

               Kumar took his wireless and started giving commands to the engineers and at the same time, everybody was stunned by the shout of one of the engineers in the wireless, who was working very close to the place of canal excavation. Everyone rushed to that canal digging place and got stunned. The engine was stopped immediately.

               A 6 feet tall ancient metal statue came above the sea level along with the underwater mud and again slowly started to immerse into the sea water. Once the engine was completely stopped and the water became clear, two of the naval engineers jumped into the sea water and pulled the metal statue out with the help of ropes and chains.

               The naval ship seemed very busy in that dark night with more discussions and decisions. John Yogaraj looked very much worried and confused.

               “We should immediately report this to ASI (Archeological Survey of India).”

               “You mean, we are going to stop this project again!!” Kumar exclaimed.

               “We are already in pressure by the case of NEERI and again I do not want any more issues or confusions from ASI. Let us intimate ASI regarding this and we will stop this canal excavation to a indefinite period” John replied.

               The shipping canal project was stopped one more time since 18th century, when it was actually started. ASI was informed about the metal statue and the shipping canal project was withdrawn to an indefinite period. But still most of the places in the excavation region is un-touched.

               Officials from ASI inspected the metal statue and transferred the artifact to the Research department for further tests.

               Everything was happened in a very short time. This has become the shortest notice of this shipping canal project to be called off. But nobody was aware of this discovery of statue was going to re-write the Indian history.

               At the same time, the entire country was being blessed by the prayers from Temples, Churches, Mosques and all other religious stations. But nobody was told or known that this discovery would scatter their religious beliefs and their traditional customs. The sea water over the excavation region seemed very silent in contrast to the current situation.

----To Be Continued

              



© 2018 Irshad


Author's Note

Irshad
All incidents and facts described are purely fictitious

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on January 7, 2018
Last Updated on January 7, 2018


Author

Irshad
Irshad

Writing
Haunted Dreams Haunted Dreams

A Chapter by Irshad


The Third Empire The Third Empire

A Chapter by Irshad


I Quit I Quit

A Chapter by Irshad