Chapter 2 ~ The Wrath Of A God

Chapter 2 ~ The Wrath Of A God

A Chapter by Cierra
"

Arcubella remembers how exactly, this all happened, and comes to realize that Anapa is much more terrifying than she initially thought.

"

Chapter 2 ~ The Wrath Of A God


1 Year later...


I've been locked in some kind weird room, luxurious for anyone's desire. But I didn't care about that. I just wanted to go back outside and see the world again for what it's become. Anapa, the name of the leader who took me in, makes sure I have food and water, as well as comfort every now and then. He's grown fond of me, which is why he feels the need to lock me away from danger. Every time I ask if I can take a stroll outside, he refuses to let me. The sounds of explosions and buildings collapsing can be heard through the thin walls of the ship. What was becoming of my world on the outside?

 

Before the coming of these Anubis aliens, Earth was finally at peace. There was no war, and there was no hate. Everyone had come to an understanding that was almost impossible to comprehend. I, myself, couldn't figure out how it happened. Peace laid among us all but there was still a lack of trust; each country continued to train their militias to fight and protect, just in case they needed it. The peace didn't last long, however. My father was the general of our Militia and we were the first to witness the ship coming to a land. Within seconds of their arrival, that's all that was talked about on the radio and television.

 

People rushed out of their houses and work buildings to see the sight of the large, triangular-like ship hovering before it landed. Immediately, the military rushed over to the ship and when the creatures came out, everyone's jaws dropped in awe. I could hear one of the reporters mutter underneath their breath, “Anubis. Anubis.” One by one, they came out of their ship, standing at least seven or eight foot tall. Some of them were even larger, from what it looked like on the direct video stream. Their voices were deep and raspy; they spoke a language unknown to the human ear.

 

Stay back! Don't come closer!”

 

They didn't understand the commands the soldiers were giving. They just kept coming closer; some with their hands extended outwards towards us in what I thought could have been a greeting. But we were afraid. Immediately, my father gave the command to fire and the Militia did. The panic the camera man felt could be seen as he immediately took cover and the image on the television became blurred and hard to make out. But when he took cover, he had ducked down with the camera poking out. The creatures were retaliating with a force neither I nor anyone else had ever seen before. More came from the ship - some with wings- they sounded like something I could only imagine to be a siren or beacon. It was a loud screeching noise with a demonic-like undertone. Before we knew it, more and more ships were arriving until the sky was no longer visible.

 

The war had begun and there was no chance of us winning.

 

Our soldiers were retreating and as we attempted to get help from other countries, we received no response. For all we knew, the aliens had taken over the entire world. All media had ceased to broadcast. I don't know if my father made it out of that mess alive. Everyone scrambled so quickly. I was in the house with my mother watching the television before she yanked me out of my seat and hustled me towards the car. But when we got outside, there were two of the alien creatures on our lawn and others running down our street. They rushed over and grabbed us, separating me from my mother. We were put in groups and were given specific tasks to complete each day with small breaks and little food and water. Prisons to hold us were created so that at night, when our work was done, we couldn't run away.

 

The days were long, and the nights were short. Over time, they became the rulers and we became the mere peasants. Rumors floated around that we were nothing but a food source for them and ourselves. People in the group would often go missing right before meal time. Perhaps we were eating our own kind. They served us a scoop of slop and a piece of stale bread for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Most people just inhaled it to get around the disgusting taste.

 

I was taken from my parents and forced to work in fields, planting some weird seeds they give us, I didn't say much or do much. I completed my work and then rested, maintaining a low profile. It seemed useless to make friends, considering most of them disappear within a matter of a few days. I must be lucky for surviving this long. During the time in prison, I've observed that the ones with wings are the warriors that do the fighting. The ones without wings are typically your normal followers. The guards wear a gold plate around their chest and other members of their  militia wear a wrist band with a symbol of the Anubis head. There was only one, however, that wore the head dress and that is Anapa - the most frightening of them all. Instead of the feathered wings like the warriors had, his are like those of a dragon.

 

When prisoners try escaping from their cells or attacked a guard, they are brought before Anapa for their judgement. He would announce their crime and then give them their last chance to speak before beheading them. Much of the human population is gone and the children born into the world are immediately taken from their mothers and fathers. Previously, I thought they killed the infants off. But in fact, they are raising them to be fighters. I only found this out when Anapa took me in and he gave me the responsibility of caring for the infants. Not many are being born anymore, however.

 

When I first started following Anapa around, he began to bring me along when prisoners are brought for their sentencing. Many who were spared rebelled against him and most thought that I was their enemy now too, as well as his weakness. But that was not true. I merely go along with whatever he says to prevent myself from being killed in some dreadful way. But during this time, a small little army of people came after me and my guards on my afternoon walk. I sustained a broken rib and a few cuts and bruises on my body, but nothing too serious. The people responsible for the hit were immediately sentenced to a very painful and long death. That's when Anapa decided to keep me locked up in this room. I still wish I knew why I am so special to him. Why he protects me, clothes me, and does everything in his power to make sure I'm comfortable.

 

He made an example out of all those rebels responsible for hurting me, taking their broken bodies and strapping them to a post right by the gates of the work place for prisoners. They lived on those posts for several days until their either bled out, or died from starvation and dehydration.

 

 

His wrath is that of a God... And it's terrifying me.



© 2014 Cierra


Author's Note

Cierra
Second chapter. If there are any " out of place, it's because of the program I write in first then pasted it here.. Hnng.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This chapter is really well written in my opinion. I do agree with KLGoode with the contractions and mainly saving them for conversation. I know sometimes as you are typing it's easier to make the contraction form, but just try to use it minimally. :)

"standing at least seven or eight foot tall." 'foot' should be 'feet' in this sentence since you are using the words 'seven' and 'eight' so it is going to be multiple versus just one... hence using 'feet' instead.

One recommendation from me would be to make sure you involve some action for the reader and avoid just 'telling' us all what is going on. I hope that makes sense?

This chapter has continued your story at a nice pace and I am excited to see where you take it from here! I really enjoy how different and unique this is.

~Stefanie

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cierra

10 Years Ago

Thank you! Yeah, sometimes I just write a little too fast for my brain to catch up. Haha - I'll work.. read more
Stefanie Holmes

10 Years Ago

Don't worry I type too fast as well! Haha.



Reviews

I'm reading this backwards from chapter 4, but it's really good and just needs some tweaking to be even better. Well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


This chapter is really well written in my opinion. I do agree with KLGoode with the contractions and mainly saving them for conversation. I know sometimes as you are typing it's easier to make the contraction form, but just try to use it minimally. :)

"standing at least seven or eight foot tall." 'foot' should be 'feet' in this sentence since you are using the words 'seven' and 'eight' so it is going to be multiple versus just one... hence using 'feet' instead.

One recommendation from me would be to make sure you involve some action for the reader and avoid just 'telling' us all what is going on. I hope that makes sense?

This chapter has continued your story at a nice pace and I am excited to see where you take it from here! I really enjoy how different and unique this is.

~Stefanie

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cierra

10 Years Ago

Thank you! Yeah, sometimes I just write a little too fast for my brain to catch up. Haha - I'll work.. read more
Stefanie Holmes

10 Years Ago

Don't worry I type too fast as well! Haha.
Alright I'm ready for chapter 3: GO!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Cierra

10 Years Ago

Haha! Working on that now! :)
I read this immediately after reading the first chapter. I do wish it was a little less stream of consciousness and more stuff happening now with the background info sprinkled in as I needed it.
Stoked on where this goes!
Looking forward to reading more!

Posted 10 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cierra

10 Years Ago

Thanks. Someone else had suggested it reads more into her past, so that's what I did. Lol I suppose .. read more
Amazing book so far i can't wait to read more of this book keep up the great work and keep them coming

Posted 10 Years Ago


Cierra

10 Years Ago

Thanks! Will do!
melissa

10 Years Ago

You're welcome
hey, I can see a novel a series on tv something has you inspired keep on while your hot

Posted 10 Years Ago


Cierra

10 Years Ago

Haha, this was actually brought on by a character I play in-game on a game called Furcadia. He's an .. read more
 wordman

10 Years Ago

inspiration comes from a lot of places write on
I think this is progressing nicely. I would offer one minor editing suggestion, and that would be to eliminate contractions where possible unless they are in conversation as in didn't etc., in description. It is generally accepted practice that contractions are left for conversation in stories. Other than that, it is fairly well edited, perhaps missing a comma or two.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cierra

10 Years Ago

Thanks! I'll remember that! And yeah, I can't take all the credit for editing. NoelHC helped with wi.. read more
NoelHC

10 Years Ago

You are very welcome Cierra. As you commented to a review of chapter 1, when you go back, you "know".. read more
Cierra

10 Years Ago

No one is perfect! I find it's always helpful to have people to help with editing and stuff. Being a.. read more
Check your inbox on here for a long message for me.

I appreciate how you have handled my earlier desire to know how Arcubella's country, and quite possibly her planet has been taken over.
This story has a lot of potential, and I look forward to reading more of it soon.

Noel

Posted 10 Years Ago


Cierra

10 Years Ago

Thank you! I'll look for that note when you send it. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

375 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 27, 2014
Last Updated on April 27, 2014
Tags: Anapa, anubis, fantasy


Author

Cierra
Cierra

Fredericksburg, VA



About
Free-thinker, writer, artist and lover... more..

Writing
The Sufferer The Sufferer

A Poem by Cierra


Day Dream Day Dream

A Poem by Cierra



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..