New to the Cheer Team

New to the Cheer Team

A Chapter by Cate
"

Casey, Lilly & Katie all get ready for the bonfire. Meredith joins the cheer team and tells The girls about her bad-boy boyfriend, Dean Ashford.

"
After showing Meredith all her classes, she decided she wanted to do some exploring by herself. So, at 7:45, Lilly and I went to our group of friends to socialize before classes started at 8. The only people from the "Prep" group that were in the hallways were Katie Lampton (strawberry blonde), Justin Keatings (dark-brown), Xander Johnson (bright-blonde), and a mystery girl (medium-brown, probably a wanna-be). As Lilly & I got closer, we both realized that the mystery girl was DEFINITELY a wanna-be because, A.) I didn't know her name. And B.) Because she was wearing a baggy purple t-shirt, loose jeans, and sneakers. With no makeup. When we got to the group, Every one greeted us with "Hey"s, even the mystery girl. It looked like the mystery girl was trying to talk to Justin and Xander, but they looked sort of annoyed. Then there was Katie, standing there with her cheetah-print peplum tank top, skinny jeans, and her black purse and flats with a bored expression on here face. Her expression changed from bored to relieved when she saw me and Lilly. The 3 of us formed a circle away from the boys and the mystery girl.
"Thank God! I thought I was gonna puke if I had to watch purple over there drool over Justin and Xander for another minute. Where were you?" Katie asks in a low tone.
"Sorry, we had to give new girl a tour around the school." I roll my eyes at that statement. We didn't have to, she volunteered us. Katie looks confused.
"There's a new girl starting today, she actually seems kinda nice, her name's Meredith Petty." I chime in.
"Oh, cool," Katie says in a obviously disinterested voice, "How many more days until Roman gets back?"
"Tonight! She texted me and said that she'd be at the sleepover!" Lilly says enthusiastically. Roman Ackerman is the prepiest of all the preps. She's also the most attractive, according to me. I mean, don't get me wrong, me, Lilly, & Katie are all really pretty, but Roman is beautiful. Practically every guy in our school has a crush on her bright blonde hair, her ocean blue eyes, and her perfectly tanned body. I'm not jealous or anything, but I would kill for my dirty-blonde hair to be as bright as hers. I would die for my sea green eyes to be as eccentric as her ocean blue ones. I would do anything if my skin were as perfectly tanned as hers. But we don't always get what we want.
"Yay! I missed her so much!" Roman has been in her family's home in France for the past 2 weeks. Lucky.

"Roman is coming back?" An unfamiliar, deep, female voice asks from outside our circle. We all turn around to see Purple, Justin and Xander no where to be found.
"Um...yeah she is." I reply. Mystery girl's cheeks turn red and she runs to the bathroom, embarrased she was caught eavesdropping.
"Okayyyyy then...," Lilly says in an amused tone. I chuckle and look up at the wall clock that hangs above Katie's locker. 7:54.
"I'm going to my locker, see ya later." I say to Katie & Lilly.
"Ditto." Lilly says and walks off in the other direction. As I walk through the hallways, I go over my busy schedule in my head. I have exactly 35 minutes to pack my clothes for the sleepover at Lilly's & for the bonfire. I also have to change into my clothes for cheer practice. At 3:50, Lilly & I have to go pick up Katie for cheer. Cheer starts at 4:15. At 5:30, cheer is over, and then me, Katie & Lilly are going to Lilly's house to get ready for the bonfire. The bonfire starts at 7:30 and ends at 11:30. After that sleepover.
I finally arrive at my destination, locker 2824, and twist my combo into the lock. I open my locker door and place my navy Abercrombie book bag inside, and pull out my history book. Suddenly, I feel a pair of strong arms pulling me towards their body.
"Guess who?" A boyish, playful voice says. I turn around and look into sweet, brown eyes. Matt Overton, my boyfriend.
"Hey!" I greet him, and then lean over to give him a sweet kiss. With him, everything is always sweet. Even when we have sex. And sweet sex is...well... not as good a rough sex.
"Let's get to class before we're late, troublemaker." He teases with a smile. Just a second later I spot Meredith looking for her locker. God, I'm so dumb. Of corse her locker would be close to mine. Peterson, Petty. Duh.
"You go ahead, I'll catch up with you."
"K." He says and then walks off.
"Looking for your locker?" I ask Meredith with a small smile.
"Yeah, I think they said it was 2825?" No f*****g way.
"No way! It's right next to mine." I reply as I point to her locker.
"Thanks! You can go on to class."
"Okay, see you in a minute." I say and then saunter off to class.

The rest of the day goes pretty smoothly, Meredith sits at the prep table with Lilly, Justin, Xander, Katie, Matt, & a few others, such as, Damien Rowan, Sarah Harper, Alex Wheeler, & Cassidy Herrings. She gets along well with everyone, but especially with Me, Lilly, Katie, & Xander. It turns out that she has at least one friend in every class. In 1st- Me & Matt, 2nd- Katie, 3rd-Justin & Lilly, 4th- Justin, Xander, & Katie, 5th- Cassidy, Damien, & Matt, & in 6th- Me & Lilly.
Now, we're at my house, and Lilly is helping me find something to wear to the bonfire, while I change into my cheer clothes. Which consists of a tight grey Abercrombie tank, black Nike short-shorts, and my white cheer shoes. As I walk back over to my closet, I take the black rubber band from my wrist, and put my hair into a messy bun on top of my head.
"What am I wearing?" I ask, because she probably already has my whole outfit picked out. She throws me a navy Abercrombie fashion tank (which has red flowers), jean short-shorts, & navy flip flops. Simple but cute.
"Looks good. Now help me pack for the sleepover tonight. Who all is coming?" I ask as I pull out
"You, Katie, & Roman. I want Meredith to come but I don't have her number. Do you think I could just ask her at the bonfire?"
"I have her number," I say while scrolling through my contacts, "She gave it to me after first period so I could text her the details about the bonfire." I send her the contact.
"Huh. So you and Meredith are best buddies now?" She asks in a playful voice as she grabs my favourite Abercrombie shirts that has "whatevs" written on the navy shirt in gold letters. Added bonus: Our school colours are navy & gold.
"Why are you jealous?" I tease back.
"Actually, I was sort of hoping you were besties, that way, I wouldn't have to put up with you anymore." I laugh & shake my head. We continue packing and talking until we have everything. We packed my "whatevs" shirt, a pair of navy checkered short-shorts, my UGG slippers, my Burberry blanket, my pillow which has "I love you," written on it many times, and my make-up bag.
"S**t, we need to hurry," Lilly says as we walk down the staircase. I look at my phone, which says 4:00. Thank God Lilly borrowed some of my clothes

instead of changing into hers at school. She's wearing the exact same tank top as me, but in white. She's also wearing spandex short, a white headband, & and her long, chestnut hair is pulled back into a high intricate braid at the back of her head. Just as we approach the door, Bella, my Maltese puppy, starts barking from the laundry room. And whenever I'm home, it's my job to take her outside, since she's mine.
"Damn it Bella! At the worst possible moment!" I scream loudly.
"Just tell your mom you had already left for cheer if Bella craps everywhere, we have to leave!"
"Fine, let's go." Poor Bella. We get into Lilly's Mercedes, and drive towards Katie's house.

We arrive at cheer, only 10 minutes late. Thank God, because any longer and Me, Lilly, & Kate would have been running laps around the baseball field. Coach Kim won't let us run around the football field on the days that the boys have practice.
"Sorry, Coach Kim!" All 3 of us say & join in on stretches. I go into a straddle and stretch my arms out toward my right foot. Woah. Why is Meredith Petty at cheer practice? She sees me looking at her and sends me a friendly wave.

"All right ladies, we have practice tomorrow from 4 to 6 on the football field. And since our first game is on Monday, it's a mandatory practice. If you miss for any reason, you will not be cheering in the first 3 games. Got it?"
"Got it good." The whole team replies. I spot Meredith walking off towards the exit, with sweat stains in her brown pony tail, and on her Nirvana shirt.
"Hey Meredith!" I yell while running towards her. She stops & turns around.
"Casey! Hey, what's up?" She says in a voice that makes me believe that she might possibly be the most chill person I know.
"I need to ask you 2 things." I state, "One, are you coming to Lilly's sleepover tonight? And two, are you on the cheer team now?"
"The answer to your first question is yes, I am coming to the sleepover tonight, I knew Lilly would be here so I thought I could just let her know here instead of texting her. And the answer to your second question is, yes I am

now on the cheer team, I went to Coach Kim after school and she let me try out!" Meredith screams excitedly. Okay, maybe not so chill after all.
"Awesome!" I scream, trying to keep up with her over the top excitement.
A moment later, Lilly & Katie run up beside us. Kate's red,twisted, ponytail is starting to fall down a bit.
"So, I heard you are on the cheer team, and that you are coming to the sleepover tonight! Best day ever!" Lilly squeals and we all laugh.
"I know right!" Meredith agrees, "Hey, I was wondering if I could bring a guest to the bonfire tonight." The question is basically directed at anyone who is willing to answer.
"Sure you can!" Katie says, "Just don't tell anyone, we don't want the whole party to be full of strangers."
"Thank you guys so much! I'm bringing my...uh...guy friend? I guess. We went out a few times about a year ago when I stayed with my mom for the Summer. And now that I'm back for good, I figured that we could actually start dating. I really like him." Meredith explains.
"Ohhhhh. So what's his name? What's he like?" I ask curiously. She smiles.
"Well, his name is Dean Ashford," She starts. But wait, I know that name. Oh my God. All the w****s & naive girls in school talk about how awesome he is in bed. Isn't he a bad boy. If he is that doesn't surprise me. "He's sort of a bad boy," Yup. Like I said, I'm not surprised, "and he's not the sweetest, but he's awesome in bed, and really funny, and hot." She finishes with a smile.
"Well as long as he's good in bed, that's all that matters right?" Lilly says sarcastically. I smile, but on the inside, I'm a little nervous about meeting this infamous Dean Ashford.


© 2013 Cate


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really am enjpyng the story good job, could you read my first chapter and give me some feed back

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
1 Review
Added on April 4, 2013
Last Updated on April 4, 2013
Tags: Friendship, love, friends, teens, teen, teenager, teenagers, high school, boyfriend, romance, relationships


Author

Cate
Cate

Nashville, TN



About
Hey, my name's Cate & I love to write. Here's a little bit about me: .. more..

Writing
Getting Ready Getting Ready

A Chapter by Cate


New Beginnings New Beginnings

A Book by Cate