Getting Ready

Getting Ready

A Chapter by Cate
"

After cheer, Katie, Casey, & Lilly all get ready for the bonfire. Lilly & Katie try to explain to Casey how realistic relationships work.

"
After cheer, Lilly, Kate, and I all go to Sonic to grab a snack.
"Hey Kate, Case, what do you all want?" Lilly asks, since she's the one driving.
"I want tater tots and a powerade slush." I reply. Tater tots and any kind of potato will forever be one of my main weaknesses. And since I'm a Vegiterian, I basically get them wherever I go to eat. That and salmon. If I didn't run and cheer, I would probably way about 40 pound overweight.
"I'll have tots and a diet coke." Kate answers. Lilly orders our food. In the backseat, Kate & I quietly discuss what we're wearing to the party tonight.
"I'm wearing my cream lace tank top, my Abercrombie jean skirt, and my cream flats with the black bows. But I don't know about my hair or jewelry."
"You could wear those cheap black ones, you know, the ones that look really expensive but actually only cost like 9 dollars."
"Good idea! Now what are you wearing?"
"Abercrombie floral tank, short shorts, & navy flips flops. Lilly helped me pick it out."
"And thank God I did," Lilly says, signaling that she finished ordering, "could you imagine what kind of s****y outfit that w***e would've worn without my helping hand? Ughhh." She says while making a mock-disgusted face. I roll my eyes and laugh.
"Here's your order ladies." The nerdy Sonic guy says as he hands Lilly the drink carrier, which she hands to me, and then he hands her the bag.
"Thanks." Lilly says, slightly uncomfortable, because the guy is staring at her cleavage. Me and Katie both stifle a laugh. The guy still hasn't moved, so Lilly drives away from Sonic as fast as possible.
"Well, looks like Lilly's got a new beau." Katie says, I laugh obnoxiously, and Lilly throws a tater tot at me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When we arrive at Lilly's, her parents hug us both, and the dogs lick mine and Katie's face. We go in the living room, and watch yesterday's episode of The Vampire Diaries. It's so bad, but yet, somehow, we all love it.
"Why can't Elena accept her feelings for Damon?" Katie asks huffily, and Lilly nods in agreement.
"Probably because she doesn't have any for him." Is my response, because, while they are both strictly Team Damon, I'm team Stefan. I mean, I just don't get it. Bad boys are supposed to end up with bad girls. Good boys are supposed to end up with good girls. And when I say bad boys or bad girls I don't necessarily mean that they have to be bad people. I mean, girls like Meredith, she's not a bad person, but she's---well, she's---Meredith. She's a hipster. She and a bad boy should end up together.
"Whatever, you just like Stefan & Elena together because it reminds you of yours and Matt's relationship. Good guy+Good girl=Forever. That's basic logic. But Damon and Elena's relationship is way deeper than basic. They are soul mates, one day you will realize that good people, don't always end up with people just like them." Lilly states defensively, and Katie high-fives her. I just roll my eyes and take a sip of my drink.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At around 6, we start getting ready for the bonfire. The song "I Love It" by Icona Pop blares out from the stereo as I dance around the room in my underwear and bra. Lilly is trying on clothes, and seems a bit indecisive. Katie is curling her hair so that the bottom layer is sort of curly, and the top layer sweeps back a bit. It looks amazing and she's only halfway done. It's already 6:30, and I'm bored with dancing, so I decide to start getting ready.
I take my sports bra off, and replace it with a very flattering, strapless bra. Then, I pull on my tank top, and adjust the straps. After that I slip on my short shorts, button, & zip.
"Case! I need your help!" I hear Lilly yell from the closet. I quickly walk into her enormous walk-in closet. "I have nothing to wear!" She says while pouting.
"Well that's the biggest lie of the century. You have tons of clothes! Maybe even more than me!" I tell her.
"I know but I can't find anything to wear to the bonfire. I heard that Drew Pitts is gonna be there! I need to look sexy, but not s****y." She tells me.
"Okay then, let's find something."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I give up." Lilly says while collapsing onto the bed. To be honest, I'm about to give up, until I see it. How did I not notice it? The shirt is right above the shorts for God's sake!
"Holy f**k!" I scream and run back into her closet. I pick up the white lace tank top & the high waisted maroon shorts with gold studs. Then, I run over to her shoe shelves on the opposite side of the closet and pick up a pair of maroon Keds with white polka dots on them. Lilly & Kate are sitting on the bed. One fully dressed and ready to go, the other still in her cheer outfit, but they both have the exact same confused look on their faces. I walk out of the closet and throw the outfit to Lilly. "Put your hair in a messy braid to the side." I tell her. For a second she looks like she's about to cry but then she's no longer on the bed, instead her arms are wrapped around my neck, hugging me so tight that I can't breathe.
"Thank you so much Case! I don't know what I'd do without you!!!!" She screams into my ear happily and then starts to change.
"What time is it?" I ask Katie, who is still sitting on the bed. She pushes the home button on her iPhone 5 and the screen lights up. Her eyes get really big and then she looks at me and yells in panic, "7:45!" S**t! We're late. And I still haven't done my hair.
"F**k!" Lilly yells while struggling to get her shorts on, "You help Casey with her hair, and I'll braid mine really quick! Go, go, go!"
"What do you want me to do with it?!" She questions.
"I don't care, something fast!" She starts French braiding my hair with almost inhuman speed and with in 5 minutes, we're out the door and driving towards the bonfire, which is 15 minutes away from Lilly's house.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------













© 2013 Cate


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on April 9, 2013
Last Updated on April 9, 2013
Tags: friendship, relationships, love, friends, fun, fashion, party, friend, boyfriend, girlfriend, tvd, delena


Author

Cate
Cate

Nashville, TN



About
Hey, my name's Cate & I love to write. Here's a little bit about me: .. more..

Writing
New Beginnings New Beginnings

A Book by Cate