5) The Return

5) The Return

A Chapter by Ivy
"

John returns to the apartment to find Lucy sleeping (not really) and puts her to bed.

"

5) The Return

I was awakened by the sound of the door opening. Keeping my eyes in slits, I registered John’s figure. Rather than getting up and telling him I was awake, I stayed where I was and pretended to sleep on. On the TV screen, Mad-Eye Moody had turned Draco Malfoy into a ferret.

I heard footsteps, and closed my eyes quickly. Air moved in front of me and I sensed John standing next to me. Part of me wanted to just jump up and hug him and kiss him and tell him I would marry him after all. But I stayed where I was and listened.

“Harry Potter?” I heard him whisper exasperatedly. “God, Lucy…” The sound of Professor McGonagall scolding Mad-Eye Moody ceased abruptly. Next I felt, in alarm, the popcorn bowl being pried from my hands and set down on the coffee table. The end of the couch sunk in. He was sitting down. I cautiously opened my eyes to slits again to see John sitting by my feet with his head in his hands. Remorse washed over me.

Suddenly his head raised and I closed my eyes closed quickly, heart pounding in my throat. “Lucy?” he asked. “Are you awake?” I didn’t reply. “Oh, baby,” he sighed, sadness in his voice, as he leaned back against the pillows.

Abruptly, he got up. A few seconds later I felt in surprise his hands sliding under my legs and back as John picked me up. I felt myself being carried but didn’t dare open my eyes. A moment later I was deposited on the bed. John put the blanket over me and my eyes sensed the light dimming.

“Good night Lucy,” he said, and I almost gasped as I felt warm lips on my forehead, kissing me softly. “I still love you, baby, even though…” He trailed off and didn’t finish. “I hope you still love me too.”

With that John walked to the door and left, closing it softly behind him.



© 2015 Ivy


Author's Note

Ivy
I know the chapters are short, but that's how I want this book to be :)
Please leave a review down below if you liked or disliked!
Thank you :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on March 29, 2015
Last Updated on March 29, 2015
Tags: calm, sleeping, harrypottermovie, popcorn, bed, sad


Author

Ivy
Ivy

NY



About
I'm 18 years old and an aspiring author. more..

Writing
Autumn Leaves Autumn Leaves

A Poem by Ivy


01 01

A Chapter by Ivy