Wind Walkers: Synopsis

Wind Walkers: Synopsis

A Chapter by J.A. Marquez
"

Bethany's surviving in a world that's been devastated by an incurable virus. Cast out of her tribe she forms a bond with a fellow exile. Together they resist the tyrany of the great tribe leaders.

"
In the late 21st century, a treatment resistant virus is discovered and quickly spreads over the world, wiping out vast numbers of the populace. In a desperate measure to survive, previously advanced societies reduce themselves to tribes, finding safety in numbers. Among these tribes are the Wind Walkers, a group of people who took to the skies in balloons to escape the hell below. Bethany is the daughter of chief Roon, and in line to take his place. Fate takes a drastic turn when she finds herself cast out from her tribe. With her fellow exile Gomez, she roams the open land and sets out to stop the tyranny of the tribes before it wipes out what remains of a desolate society.


© 2015 J.A. Marquez


Author's Note

J.A. Marquez
Wrote this upon the advice of a fellow writer. It may change here and there as the story progresses. For now this is what I have. Also, it has been pointed out to me that it is in the incorrect place. I understand this, however at this moment I am powerless to fix it. It should be at the beginning of the story sometime next week. For clarity, I have not decisively chosen when or where this story is taking place. The time period given here is pertaining to the virus alone. For now, imagine that this is in North America, beginning in the Midwest and traveling to the Pacific Coast. It will at least give you a better visual of the terrain I am describing. As for time, we know that it is long after the virus has destroyed society. Keep that in mind. Many generations have passed, so while it is a futuristic time period there has been a reversion to the ways of ancient civilizations. This is not meant to follow a mold, so if that os how you are reading it I suggest you clear your head and start from the beginning. There will be twists and turns along the way, and probably many revisions. So, please bear with me as I am taking this journey with the readers. Again, any suggestions are welcome. I may not make the changes or I may. It depends on how I feel it pertains to the focus of the story. Thank you for taking the time to read this project. It means the world to me.

Sincerely Yours,

J.A. Marquez

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Now, that gives the reader a point of view...not too much...but enough to get them into the plot...I see you even went a bit more with the Author's Note...but this has a better feel than --- than just going right into the first episode...paints a picture in the minds of the reader...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

J.A. Marquez

9 Years Ago

Actually the feeling of jumping right into the story was what I was going for. This is my personal s.. read more



Reviews

Now, that gives the reader a point of view...not too much...but enough to get them into the plot...I see you even went a bit more with the Author's Note...but this has a better feel than --- than just going right into the first episode...paints a picture in the minds of the reader...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

J.A. Marquez

9 Years Ago

Actually the feeling of jumping right into the story was what I was going for. This is my personal s.. read more
Sounds like quite an interesting storyline. Good luck!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 13, 2015
Last Updated on April 18, 2015
Tags: Fiction, Adventure, Dystopia, Coming of Age


Author

J.A. Marquez
J.A. Marquez

South Lake Tahoe, CA



About
If you want to know who I am, read my stories. Many are works in progress, and many are just a few sentences, but each one is a piece of my soul. more..

Writing
Unbroken Unbroken

A Story by J.A. Marquez